Thread: Gaudreau

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Gaudreau

In a 16 team h2h salary cap league. I've got Johnny Gaudreau. What's the going exchange rate for him. Cats include g,a,+/-, PM's, blocks, hits, tk away, pppts, pk pts.

Starting spots are 4c, 4lw, 4 RW,6d and an extra skater plus 2 goalies.

Thanks

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Gaudreau

Price is always depending on need and perceived value.

To me, Gaudreau doesn't have tremendous value in a multicat cap league but that's my assessment if I were looking to buy him.

If you're looking to sell him, all you can do is put him on the block and see what you get for offers. Who knows how others may value him.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

As Axe says, going rate always depends on the league and whether you're buying or selling.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Superstar

Johnny Hockey worries me, there are trade rumours of Cgy looking to move him. Good time to put on block and see what is out there.
    Piranha Hockey League est 1990 - Oakley Doakley's - 16 teams
    Pts only W=2 OL=1 SO=3 Auction Draft

WHL - est 2016 Expansion - Glasgow Kiss - 24 teams
    25 pro players / 10 minor league players
    G,A,+/-,PPP,SOG,Hits,Blk,PIM,FOW, W,Sv,GA,SHO

Dobber Sports Wizard

this is worst time to sell him, i drafted him 60th overall in brand new multicat dynasty this year. I agree he does not fit great into multicat format but half of those cats (at least in my league) are offensive cats and not every player needs to be multicat player. I think its much harder to find offense than hits or PIMs. Having said that i drafted him that high with assumption he will be back to around PPG. if he is not its probably bad pick . so i would say you treat him similarly. I think you either get a value of 80 point plyaer or you hold on to him as im quite confident he will be back at that mark next year...not sure it will be in Calgary tho.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Prodigy

If he goes east I see him being a PPG guy as he's a top line player and will be on the power play, and I think the offense is a bit easier there. His peripherals aren't good though. The guy doesn't hit, block, or get PIM. If he stays in Calgary (unlikely) I think he'll be a 70 point player. He's not going to be a multi-cat beast though.
    League 1
    Keep 16 - 4 rookies max 162 GP
    Forwards: Point, Tavares, Svechnikov, Boeser, R Strome, Teravainen, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Tolvanen
    Defencemen: Boqvist, Hamilton, Dahlin, Klingberg, Ekblad, Hronek, Marino, Brannstrom, Shattenkirk
    Goalies: Vasilevsky, Shesterkin,
    Minors: Kravtsov, Tolvanen, Brannstrom

League 2
    Keep 18 - 4 rookies max 162 GP
    Forwards: J Hughes, Kakko, Cozens, Frost, Kubalik, M Tkachuk, Vrana, A Svechnikov, Virtanen, Buchnevich, Gurianov, Tarasenko, Lehkonen
    Defencemen: R Andersson, Jokiharju, Trouba, Valimaki, Cholowski, Leddy, Montour
    Goalies: Saros, Sorokin, Talbot
    Minors: Heponiemi, Krebs, Tippett, Hoglander, Liljegren, Bouchard,

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    this is worst time to sell him, i drafted him 60th overall in brand new multicat dynasty this year. I agree he does not fit great into multicat format but half of those cats (at least in my league) are offensive cats and not every player needs to be multicat player. I think its much harder to find offense than hits or PIMs. Having said that i drafted him that high with assumption he will be back to around PPG. if he is not its probably bad pick . so i would say you treat him similarly. I think you either get a value of 80 point plyaer or you hold on to him as im quite confident he will be back at that mark next year...not sure it will be in Calgary tho.
    I agree with this reply. That being said, I DID just trade my Gaudreau for Tyler Seguin. Much happier to bank on Seguin's bounce back in a multicategory league.