Page 8 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 18 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 DobberHockey Fantasy Football League Tier I: Season 10

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: 2020 DobberHockey Fantasy Football League Tier I: Season 10

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post
    Ya, that was part of the allure with Watson, that the D was not going to be good this year. Means that Watson is going to have to be throwing to stay in the game or catch up, and if it gets out of hand, he should get some garbage time points as well.

Johnson wasn't an ideal pick, but RB has been a tough position to fill out this year, so I took a shot. He at least does well in the passing game as well.
    I think you have one of, if not the best drafted teams, so to have to face you in the first game is tough. The sad part is I own McCaffrey in one of my other leagues, so I kind of have to cheer for him this week. Sigh. The curse of being in too many fantasy football leagues.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    I think you have one of, if not the best drafted teams, so to have to face you in the first game is tough. The sad part is I own McCaffrey in one of my other leagues, so I kind of have to cheer for him this week. Sigh. The curse of being in too many fantasy football leagues.
    Well thank you. I thought your team was pretty strong as well. Unfortunately the draft is only about 25% of the battle. 25% inseason moves and then 50% luck!

Dobber Sports Immortal

This is what I get for chirping that I had Armstead after Fournette was cut. Since then.....Armstead out indefinitely. Fournette to the Bucs to compete with my #2 RB. Sanders out Week 1 and I don't have Boston Scott. Damn

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    This is what I get for chirping that I had Armstead after Fournette was cut. Since then.....Armstead out indefinitely. Fournette to the Bucs to compete with my #2 RB. Sanders out Week 1 and I don't have Boston Scott. Damn
    Never mess with sports karma. It'll especially kill you in football.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Never mess with sports karma. It'll especially kill you in football.
    Yep, I believe in sports karma as well. Nearly every time I trash talk someone, the sports gods smite thee.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Superstar

Oof. That Minnesota Defense may be the difference in our matchup. I wasn't expecting anything big, but was not counting on a negative score!

Will be an interesting Shepard vs Lindsay finaly. Wish I didn't spot you 5.5 points though!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

The McMurray's need a bit night from TE-Engram/Ebron & K-McManus.
    19.50pts.

Hoping for:
    Engram/Ebron, 35yds on 4catches + TD: 11.5pts
    McManus, 2fg, 2xp: 8pts

Gonna be tough to get 19.5pts without the Engram TD... but should probably get it with the TD.

The question is... who to start in the NYG vs. PIT match-up!
    Given I need a TD... I may switch this to Ebron.

Dobber Sports Deity

I got the big night I needed from Zeke. Now I just need your guys to flop. This is going to be a close finish. Both of us had our duds this week. Ugh!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    19.50pts.

Hoping for:

Gonna be tough to get 19.5pts without the Engram TD... but should probably get it with the TD.

Go with the team namesake!
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Kofax View Post
    Oof. That Minnesota Defense may be the difference in our matchup. I wasn't expecting anything big, but was not counting on a negative score!

Will be an interesting Shepard vs Lindsay finaly. Wish I didn't spot you 5.5 points though!
    I find myself in a brutal quandary. In our league I have to cheer for Lindsay to out point Shepard (with a 5.5 point comfort margin, which is by no means comfortable). In one of my other leagues, I own Shepard and need 18.36 points in order to win my match up. So it would be great if Lindsay has a fantastic game with a couple of TD's, while Shepard has a very good game. Ah fantasy football, you are a cruel mistress.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Immortal

MNF battle between me and Chubb. Go Ben Go.

The Wolverine

Couldn't expect a better start this week for me - 142 points and a win. Thank you Jacobs and Mostert, in particular.

It can only go down from here haha!

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    19.50pts.

Hoping for:

Both TEs shit the bed for you so you didnt have much hope. Nice to know I wont go 0-fer the season!

Hard to believe one of my best performers of the week, Robby Anderson, was a 13th round guy taken 171st overall. I jammed him into my flex, flipping back and forth between him and Sony Michel. Glad I stuck with him. 22.5 pts from that guy was a god-send considering the other duds I had in Hardman and Fournette for the week.

Now to get some shit together for next week and hope I get some performance from some of my guys I am expecting to step up.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Well, someone has to take away the weakest win of the week and I don't mind it being me.
    Tried to get fancy with some roster calls and it bit me. Luckily my opponent was hit harder.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Well, someone has to take away the weakest win of the week and I don't mind it being me.
    Tried to get fancy with some roster calls and it bit me. Luckily my opponent was hit harder.
    That was me most of last year, then I had a little more luck in the playoffs. Seriously, I love fantasy football depending on the outcomes each week.