Page 32 of 41 FirstFirst ... 22 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 DobberHockey Fantasy Football League Tier I: Season 10

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: 2020 DobberHockey Fantasy Football League Tier I: Season 10

I am almost hoping I get relegated now so I can throw in the towel on fantasy football LOL!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Wolverine

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    So much for Derek Carr not performing in cold weather.

The Tyreek non TD challenge looks like it's going to play a big role in my matchup.
    I almost feel sorry for you. I need this matchup to have any (slim) hope of making the playoffs. You're in already.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Wow, crazy Week 13 in Tier I.

@1: rataylor's Extreme Frostbite finally put up a stinker, getting only 6.36pts from QB-Herbert and only 5.40pts from RB1-Henry. Loss slips him out of a bye week, even with highest scoring team in league!
    @2: P7's Ebronnie McMurray also put up a stinker of a week, getting only 80pts... but fortunate to get his "gift win" against the inactives, rising him to #1.
    @3: hockeyrobot's hockeyrobot could've chased down the #1 seed with a big win week... but fell flat, and will probably finish 5th
    @4: EB's GotMahomee's looked like he lost his bye-week chance last week, but a big win this week should rise him back to #2.
    @5: Zorro's Longsnappers look... in trouble. They only have 38.70pts, forecasted for a loss at 88.53pts. He had about a 24pt differential lead on #7 Mosferatu going into the week.
    @6: pmorrow's Don Bocso Eagles is the hottest team in the league. About to win a 6th straight week to climb to the #4 seed!!! Impressive.
    @7: horrorfan's Mosferatu is inline to win his match with a big MNF and TNF... but he needs key point differential on Zorro to win the 8-5 battle for 6th.
    @8: Goon Squad lost the battle for 8th to...
    @9: Comish's Frisky Hobbit
    @10: RedBulls will finish right there with a surprise week 13 upset of Extreme Frostbite
    @11: TD's N Beer lost... and could've been in trouble for relegation
    @12: bomm bastic's My Endless Chubb is down to MNF & TNF to avoid relegation. Currently down 119.28 to 86.16... Yahoo is only giving him a 14% chance for D.Johnson (11.96pts proj) & T.Bass (7.77pts) to make up the 33pt deficit
    @13: Do You Believe in Miracles? The Turtles appear to have rostered enough points to score the upset over Zorro, which will leap him to #12 (or #11) and out of relegation. Huge game by Mike Gesicki... and will that last minute TD grab by Ruggs III be the saviour of the season. Methinks yes.

Exciting 3 games to finish another great regular season:

M-5:00pm EST: WAS @ PIT
    M-8:15pm EST: BUF @ SF
    T-8:05pm EST: DAL @ BAL

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by horrorfan View Post
    I almost feel sorry for you. I need this matchup to have any (slim) hope of making the playoffs. You're in already.
    Haha true true.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Pengwin... Another great recap. Thanks for putting these together.

The Wolverine

I can't believe there's a chance I will finish 7th with an 8-5 record! Need my guys to perform tonight at least.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Pengwin... Another great recap. Thanks for putting these together.
    Yep agreed...thanks Peng!

Dobber Sports Superstar

Oh boy Oh boy! I checked out a bit this week until closer to the weekend (was not thinking I had a strong path to avoid relegation, but mostly a busy work week).

Gesicki with a huge game for me.
    Dependable David Johnson putting up his standard low yardage + TD game for 10 points (missed that consistency the past 3 games)
    Akers finally getting the ball and making good with a strong game
    Ruggs was a boom or bust last minute add as he gets low targets but figure he could get 1 good one against the Jets. Did not imagine it would be right at the end of the game. Yeesh!
    Watson doing his thing. Minny D having a strong game. Then a couple mediocre performances from K and WR.

We'll see how it plays out. I hate scoreboard watching cheering for no points. Always seems extra nerve racking.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Disappointing performance, but I'd rather it happen this week than next.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Disappointing performance, but I'd rather it happen this week than next.
    At risk of jinxing things, I'm okay with it happening next week for me now that I should have a bye (if things don't get too crazy in the weekday games this week).

I wasn't expecting to land in the top two after a disappointing showing last week. It's a crazy tight league at the top. Going to be fun to watch the playoffs unfold.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

The Wolverine

That was a good night for me (Mostferatu) - thank you Aiyuk and Thomas! Assuming I've done my math correctly, Zorro's kicker (Tucker) needs 24+ points tonight to hold onto a playoff spot; otherwise, I'm in.

Dobber Sports Immortal

That was a good night for me (Mostferatu) - thank you Aiyuk and Thomas! Assuming I've done my math correctly, Zorro's kicker (Tucker) needs 24+ points tonight to hold onto a playoff spot; otherwise, I'm in.
    Way to go horrorfan! Huge money for you

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Props to you, horrorfan!
    That was some very solid in-season management.
    A well-deserved #6 seed.

Props to Kofax... looks like he has avoided relegation with bomm's "My Endless Chubb" losing.
    I've said it once, and I'll say it again... you can't keep a player's name in your team name if you don't own him.
    The fantasy gods are cruel. Don Bosco's Eagles own Chubb... and they... made the playoffs.

With Bomm (likely) departing.
    The only originals for all ten seasons will be down to myself & the Comish. (Though the Comish has at least won championships, Year1 AND Year9)

Dobber Sports Deity

Im still holding out hope that Lamar and Zeke can get me 69 points tonight so I can have a big comeback win LOL!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Superstar

That was tight. I was worried when Dionte Johnson had about 16 points before half and the game still relatively close.

It's bittersweet as this league is the most fun football league I've been a part of, so happy to stay, but it's the people that make it fun and it sucks having to relegate. At the same time though, that is what adds to the competition. Kept it interesting right to the end for the bottom feeders.

The Wolverine

It's confirmed - playoffs!

I'd also like to thank my bye week filler QB, Derek Carr, for an impressive performance.

Now I get Extreme Frostbite - oh well I least I made it haha!