View Poll Results: Which 5 would most benefit in 2020-21 by being traded?

Voters
62. This poll is closed
  • Mathew Barzal

26 41.94%
  • Jakob Chychrun

11 17.74%
  • Vince Dunn

16 25.81%
  • Nikolaj Ehlers

32 51.61%
  • Filip Forsberg

23 37.10%
  • Brendan Gallagher

12 19.35%
  • Samuel Girard

26 41.94%
  • Kasperi Kapanen

19 30.65%
  • Evgeni Kuznetsov

4 6.45%
  • Mike Matheson

8 12.90%
  • Josh Morrissey

6 9.68%
  • Darnell Nurse

6 9.68%
  • Dmitri Orlov

6 9.68%
  • Colton Parayko

14 22.58%
  • Ryan Pulock

11 17.74%
  • Rasmus Ristolainen

24 38.71%
  • Travis Sanheim

12 19.35%
  • Tyler Seguin

18 29.03%
  • Mikhail Sergachev

24 38.71%
  • Jacob Trouba

4 6.45%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: Who could most benefit from being traded?

The Great One

Default ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: Who could most benefit from being traded?

Although we're all focused on hockey finally being played again, this poll look ahead, to the offseason. I've compiled a list of 20 players whom I believe could stand to benefit considerably if they were traded to a new team. By better, I mean in percentage of points gained.

Of course in many cases there’s no way they’ll actually be traded; however, for purposes of this poll, let’s say there was a universe in which they could be traded to a better situation, fantasy-wise. If you don't see a player listed, it's either because he's a goalie or has played in fewer than 100 NHL games.

Also, since arguably all 20 could do better on another team, you should vote for the top five you think could most benefit by a trade, in terms of improvement in their stats for 2020-21. In other words, for purposes of this poll let’s assume they’d be traded this offseason and that you should assess them in terms of how much better - by percentage of points gained - they’d do just in 2020-21 if they were, in fact, traded to an ideal landing spot versus if they stayed stuck where they are now.

As usual, please make a post explaining who you voted for and why, as that can give your fellow Dobberites added perspective.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

The Great One

Default Re: ROOS LETS LOOSE POLL: Who could most benefit from being traded?

Here's who I voted for and why:

Ehlers - We know he's quite talented, but he's severely limited by being off the top line on the PP and at ES
    Gallagher - Put him with a great playmaking center and who knows how many goals he'd score
    Orlov - I've always felt he had the ability to thrive, but of course him being a left-handed shot on a team whose offense revolves around Ovi and his one-timer makes it so he's deemphasized
    Seguin - He's very, very good, but not good enough to succeed amidst a corps of aging and washed up wingers
    Trouba - What we saw from him in 2018-19 was not fluke, but in New York he's stuck being a purely defensive defenseman
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Here's who I voted for and why:

Ehlers - We know he's quite talented, but he's severely limited by being off the top line on the PP and at ES
    Gallagher - Put him with a great playmaking center and who knows how many goals he'd score
    Orlov - I've always felt he had the ability to thrive, but of course him being a left-handed shot on a team whose offense revolves around Ovi and his one-timer makes it so he's deemphasized
    Seguin - He's very, very good, but not good enough to succeed amidst a corps of aging and washed up wingers
    Trouba - What we saw from him in 2018-19 was not fluke, but in New York he's stuck being a purely defensive defenseman
    Ehlers, Gallagher, Seguin I agree with.

Pulock and Risto also need some more pp time and aren't getting enough with their current teams. Risto also has the risk of just being more exposed with a new team though.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports All-Star

Filip Forsberg, Seguin, Matheson, Sanheim, for sure. A few others to a lesser extent.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Stud

Coming out from behind a shadow (or better options on their current team): Ristolainen, Dunn, Girard. Offensive players presently handcuffed on defensive teams: Seguin and Barzal. HM: Kapanen.