Thread: Nicholas Robertson / Connor McMichael

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Nicholas Robertson / Connor McMichael

Two players with good potential but with a well-stocked top 6 ahead of them.Still available in an annual draft for a Keeper League / Points only, would you take the chance to take them this year? Should we wait several years before seeing any real luck?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Nicholas Robertson / Connor McMichael

Robertson is likely to play in the NHL this year. Definitely on the 2nd power player unit if he does and potentially next to Matthews or Tavares at even strength depending on what the leafs do this off-season. McMichael is likely to start off in the AHL and even if he forces his way into the NHL probably will be on the 3rd line and little power play time.

I'd definitely take a flyer on Robertson this year, though it depends on deep the league is. He likely tops out at 50-60 points if everything goes right, so it depends on if someone like that would have value.
    32 Team Dynasty With Cap (83.5M) - H2H Pts
    Skaters: G: 4, A: 2, PPP: 1, SHP: 2, SOG: 0.5, HIT: 0.5, BLK: 0.5, FOW: 0.1, +/-: 0.5
    Goalies: W: 6, SHO: 6, SV 0.25, GA: -2
    Positions: 3C, 6W, 3F, 6D, 2G, 3BN, 20 Prospects

C: McTavish, Newhook, Dellandrea, Parssinen, Sillinger, Jost
    W: Svechnikov, Guenther, Berggren, Krebs, Palat, Foudy
    D: Weresnki, Chabot, Ekholm, Krug, Pelech, Jensen, Forbort
    G: Blackwood, Ersson

Top Prospects: Smith (SJS), Savoie (BUF), Bourgault (EDM), Bourque (DAL), Perron (CAR), Korchinski (CHI), Nikishin (CAR), Jones (NYR), Cossa (DET), UPL (BUF), Daws (NJD)

Dobber Sports Stud

Having seen both play lots of times live, both are very, very good players. I think going forward it's pretty dead even. Both have a great shot, aren't big (but don't play scared) and are great offensively. It's literally a toss up. McMichael gets more points, but is no slouch in goals; while Robertson scores more goals than assists for sure.

I think both at least have a cup of coffee this year, if not the whole season. If Toronto deals Nylander, Robertson immediately moves up. McMichael will definitely get some looks and Oshie and Backstrom are becoming band aid boys so I think he also has some chances.

I'd take either one and be VERY happy, but it would help if I knew who else is available and what pick you have.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by jshed2 View Post
    Robertson is likely to play in the NHL this year. Definitely on the 2nd power player unit if he does and potentially next to Matthews or Tavares at even strength depending on what the leafs do this off-season. McMichael is likely to start off in the AHL and even if he forces his way into the NHL probably will be on the 3rd line and little power play time.

I'd definitely take a flyer on Robertson this year, though it depends on deep the league is. He likely tops out at 50-60 points if everything goes right, so it depends on if someone like that would have value.
    I agree on Robertson for this year. Long term you can't lose with either as I can see McMichael playing some wing in Washington. Robertson just has a more immediate opportunity