Poll: Flyers or Habs

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: 1. Philadelphia Flyers vs 8. Montreal Canadiens - East Quarterfinal

Administrator

Default Re: 1. Philadelphia Flyers vs 8. Montreal Canadiens - East Quarterfinal

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    Poor judgment tapping on the head and not a move any player should be making as it just brings more attention/retaliation potential to your own tendy.

The bigger issues are KK's major for boarding, Couturier's cheap shot and the cross check to Gally's face. These are the more dangerous plays risking hurting players to a significant degree and it seems people only care about a little tap on the head.
    I'm with you on all of this

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    I'm with you on all of this
    I think everyone agrees with this statement.

And that's probably why no one is talking about those dangerous plays. Because everyone knows those are dangerous plays and don't create a debate/conversation.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    So what you're saying you're ok if the Flyers tap Price on the head when they score?
    If the ‘Broadstreet Bullies’ did it to Price it would have been the end of the world!

or if any Flyers player ran into Price like Chairot did at the start of the game... I am sure we would be hearing all about it as well.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Stud

I agree that this tap doesn't look good, but it was clearly an impulsive move. A bit like when Erik Cole high-fived that ref after a goal back in the days. Suzuki is not Sean Avery.

Now, let's have a game 6 as entertaining as the last one!
    Points-only keeper league. 12 teams. Keep any 12 players. Dress 12F - 6D - 2G.

Dobber Sports Titan

Niskanen getting a call from the League on the cross check.

Dobber Sports Expert

Some rumors that Gally may have fractured jaw. Still just speculation. Of course not like MTL has to confirm anything to the media.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Goldendelicious View Post
    Some rumors that Gally may have fractured jaw. Still just speculation. Of course not like MTL has to confirm anything to the media.
    Tough as nails if he does. He was chirping a ton after it happened.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Man... man... that was a GAME!
    I love my Flyers, but holy cow - kinda happy to see Montreal win that one.
    That was some mother-fuggin-heart by that team!!

FWIW, my 2 cents.

Kotkaniemi's hit was not terrible... I like Myers, but he sold it.
    That said, Kotka should've laid off, there was enough time.
    It was a warranted 5min call, albeit not a really, truly blatently bad hit.

Suzuki's tap on Hart. Meh.
    He'll get his. That was stupid.
    Suzuki is a hell of a player... but opposing players don't forget *****-shit like that (which it is/was).
    We'll all see it in the handshake line, regardless of who wins.

Couturier's late hit on Lekhonen. Stupid, yeah, penalty - for sure.
    Though Couturier is almost coasting and has a line of skating... Lekhonen turns into path.
    Couturier basically said "Oh, you want to turn blindly back up ice while celebrating in my lane... OK."
    Stupid, yeah, penalty, yeah... but Arturri... pick your head up man, there's bad blood.
    I've seen that 5-10 times in chippy men's league games. Watch where you celly on a late insurance goal in chippy games.

And Niskanen. Oof. That'll be a game if not two. I think he'll get two games.
    Stupid, stupid, mean shit. That's awful. Putting a stick in somebody's mouth is never cool.
    He'll get his in a future game vs. Montreal, somebody will destroy him.
    (That said... Gallagher came out targeting the PHI defensemen with little chippy, *****-ass shit... if you guys watch the whole game, it was there... it worked... and he didn't deserve to lose teeth for it... but he.had.it.coming... didn't deserve it... but did have something coming. I don't know... when you have it coming, one has to realize that they could get more than they deserve, especially since they started dishing out shit that wasn't deserved. I like Gallagher, hell of a player, but he started with stupid no-reason two-hand whacks very early in that game. Also stupid, if you like your teeth.)

Regardless of opinions on these things...
    WHAT.A.SERIES.THIS.NOW.IS.

Cannot wait for Friday!!!

Dobber Sports Expert

Yup. Being evaluated. Depends on the CT he's getting. So sounds like if it is fractured, he has to leave the bubble and gone for the rest of the series.

https://www.habseyesontheprize.com/2...layoffs-injury

Dobber Sports Expert

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    Kotkaniemi's hit was not terrible... I like Myers, but he sold it.
    That said, Kotka should've laid off, there was enough time.
    It was a warranted 5min call, albeit not a really, truly blatently bad hit.
    Was it Myers or Sanheim? Either way here's my view on it (as Habs fan). Sanheim did nothing to protect himself from the hit. I think it was Bieksa focused on that at the end of the game, he's gotta do something to absorb what is coming. He can't turn away like he did. Hindsight is always 20:20 I know.

Now saying that, KK absolutely deserved the major and the game for the hit. You cannot leave your feet and target a guy's head. It was a bad, bad hit. I know he's trying to make an impact out there. Put his team in a pretty bad spot especially with Philly popping 2 PPGs on that penalty. Luckily the Habs fought back but that could have sunk them in the series.

Dobber Sports Deity

It was Sanheim, and I dont think he sold it. His follow through lead him to turn towards the boards and he got drilled. I dont think it was malicious on Kotkaniemi's part but it was worthy of a major IMO. If it was Myers, and being a right handed shot, the follow through hit from Kotkaniemi wouldn't have looked so bad because he would have caught him face on after the follow through.

I think he deserved the major but I dont see any further action coming from the league on that.

Niskanen's hit was pretty dirty though. I dont think Gallagher's jaw is fractured because he had no issues running his mouth after that hit. I am sure it's sore as hell today, but I dont think it's fractured. Who knows. I am no doctor. None the less, I expect at least one game for Niskanen on that one.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Expert

Update: Gallagher has a [fractured] jaw.

To what extent, we don't know. Haven't heard confirmation he has to leave the bubble. Renaud Lavoie reported it "broken" but I think its two different extents here. Maybe if its fractured he doesn't require it to be wired and would explain why he was able to keep chirping. I really don't know, just speculating.

https://twitter.com/renlavoietva/sta...59047852924929

Dobber Sports Sage

Lol Vigneault's comments of it being a hockey play is a joke. It's not a hockey play that's why you get penalties for cross checking, so prepare for the discipline. Guy is such a cry baby, wahhhh they are putting their top line out on a power play. Maybe don't take the penalty then and grow up its the play offs.

Niskanen should get at least a game suspension maybe 2 imo... but people are saying it was intent to injure, give me a break.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Expert

TSN@TSN_Sports

Brendan Gallagher will miss the remainder of the Canadiens' series with a broken jaw.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis View Post
    Well that sucks, I love/hate Gallagher. At least he won't have to listen to reporters asking about his lack of ice time anymore. Quite the response game. The guy was an annoying buzz saw out there, but paid a price with his jaw, teeth, face.