Poll: Leafs vs CBJ

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Toronto Maple Leafs (8) vs Columbus Blue Jackets (9) - East Play In Round

Big Daddy

Default Re: Toronto Maple Leafs (8) vs Columbus Blue Jackets (9) - East Play In Round

Thanks for the breakdown coach. Still doesn’t have much to do with leadership on and off the ice. Players aren’t perfect and make mistakes. Remember Phaneuf was once the captain for several years.

The Great One

Default Re: Toronto Maple Leafs (8) vs Columbus Blue Jackets (9) - East Play In Round

I disagree. I realize players will make mistakes. But that’s basic basic stuff. And to follow a gaffe like that up with a thought that that guy should be team captain just doesn’t make sense. That’s why I called you on it. Rielly is just a kid. Phaneuf was definitely past it from a skills standpoint when he was Leafs captain but he had the experience. And the team was in a very different place as a group at the time. And I’d like to think that’s a decision Rielly will not make again in a similar circumstance....aka experience. Maybe someday he’ll make sense as a captain. But it’s certainly not now.
    12 team Yahoo Roto keeper (keep 3)
    9 F, 6 D; roster 3 G max
    G,A,PPP,SOG,BLKS,HITS - W,SO,SV%,Saves

F: B Tkachuk, Stutzle, Eriksson Ek, Necas, Konecny, Cooley, Boldy, Lehkonen, Tippett
    D: Dahlin, Seider, Matheson, Durzi, Addison, Mintyukov
    G: Hill, Husso

IR:

Bench: L Hughes, Merzlikins, Terry, Tuch

Big Daddy

Agree to disagree and we are entitled to our own opinions. But Rielly is 26 with 7 seasons of NHL experience. To call him a kid is something I can’t get on board with. Especially since we see guys named captain at age 20-21 these days. To me a captain isn’t your best player, it should be a guy with natural leadership ability, which Rielly has shown off the ice for several years now by stepping in front of the camera during the darkest of days and all the community work he has done with Pride etc. In my opinion, the captaincy decision in Toronto came down to contracts. Tavares is the local boy with 6 years left on his deal. While Rielly only has a year left and it’s no guarantee we will be able to retain him. If Rielly had another 5-6 years left on his deal I’d bet he would have been strongly considered. You have to take into account he is a Leafs draft pick/product, fully developed in our system.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by pmorrow View Post
    This is common knowledge and if anyone gets mad at you for that it's unjustified. They might get mad at you for thinking it wasn't common knowledge though lol. He may very well develop into one but he isn't right now.

Yeah I guess so. Part of me feels that you either have it or you don't. PLD took charge of the CBJs and led them to a win. Matthews doesnt show he has that drive.

Is Taveras seen as the leader of this team? forget about who has the C..

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Ninja

I hate it when people want (not directed at anyone talking about the Leafs C in this thread) the best player on the team to wear the C. Successful teams have multiple leaders who step up at different times. Tavares is most definitely the Captain now!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Good night Toronto. Good luck in the lottery. May the odds be in your favour.

Big Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by tweetdrivr View Post
    The Morgan Rielly who didn’t get back on the back-check and allowed DuBois to score the OT game winner? That one?
    Alright, let me have it on the 3-0 goal. lol

Dobber Sports Ninja

Of course it's 3-2 now...lol!

Dobber Sports Ninja

Wow, what a pass by Matthews on the game tying goal! Goin' to overtime!! I would watch a pay per view of Tortorella for the last 3 minutes of this game.

Dobber Sports Sage

That was awesome!!
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Big Daddy

My goodness.

Dobber Sports Immortal

This team. Unbelievable.

Big Daddy

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    I would watch a pay per view of Tortorella for the last 3 minutes of this game.
    And the intermission!

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

The Power went out here what happened!?!?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Genius

10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar