Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: 2020 NHL Playoffs Thread

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: 2020 NHL Playoffs Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I would have assumed they would just be pushing the entire schedule back two days so it impact everyone equally. No idea what they will actually do though.
    I initially thought that as well. But then they would have a 12 EST game on Monday as opposed to Saturday. And there would only be one evening game on Monday and it would be a West Conference game.

So i thought they might alter the times for TV viewing.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

They probably will alter the times. I doubt they go as early as noon on Saturday though if that ends up being the only game.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

They probably will alter the times. I doubt they go as early as noon on Saturday though if that ends up being the only game.
    Thats the the way the Schedule was last Sunday and was scheduled for this Saturday. Which I am okay with. I just don't want that early game on Monday.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Thats the the way the Schedule was last Sunday and was scheduled for this Saturday. Which I am okay with. I just don't want that early game on Monday.
    I wouldn't mind it actually. I love having a game to put on in the background while I'm working.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

I wouldn't mind it actually. I love having a game to put on in the background while I'm working.
    Its okay... as long as its not your favourite team... if your favourite team is I want to be at home watching with a cold one in my hand.

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

https://bit.ly/2D8bRd5

Looks like the updated schedule is out. Three games on Saturday, and you get the prime time game.

https://bit.ly/2D8bRd5

Looks like the updated schedule is out. Three games on Saturday, and you get the prime time game.
    Saturday and Sunday night... good thing I have a way to watch at the camper!

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

Saturday and Sunday night... good thing I have a way to watch at the camper!
    And now they do get the back to back as planned. Think that works in favour of the younger Hart?

And now they do get the back to back as planned. Think that works in favour of the younger Hart?
    No, I don't think it will. I think Islanders will be able to play Varlarmov one game and Greiss the next.

And the style of game that the Islanders play, with the fore checking and hitting, I think favours them in the back to back set.

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

No, I don't think it will. I think Islanders will be able to play Varlarmov one game and Greiss the next.

And the style of game that the Islanders play, with the fore checking and hitting, I think favours them in the back to back set.
    Maybe, but I wonder if splitting the goalies puts them in a different mindset the one game? For Philly it's more straightforward.

Maybe, but I wonder if splitting the goalies puts them in a different mindset the one game? For Philly it's more straightforward.
    But Philly needs to change something then. They need to play a full game like they did in Period 1 of Game 2. Not the way they did the rest of the game or the whole series with the Canadiens. They can't come into the game with the mindset that they have a good goalie and can hold down a lead. They got to take some pressure off of Hart.

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

But Philly needs to change something then. They need to play a full game like they did in Period 1 of Game 2. Not the way they did the rest of the game or the whole series with the Canadiens. They can't come into the game with the mindset that they have a good goalie and can hold down a lead. They got to take some pressure off of Hart.
    I think you're more worried than you have to be

I think you're more worried than you have to be
    I really hope you are right.

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic Wedgy View Post
    hockeyrobot, I think the Flyers lose the game without Hart in goal.

The Flyers lack of urgency is staggering. I dont understand it. The team we just watched play, wont get past NYI let alone beat TB or BOS. No way... Things have to change. Negatives: Flyers are shit at clearing the puck out of the zone. With the puck, the Flyers are shit at exiting the defensive zone. Flyers are shit at entering the offensive zone. The Flyers are shit on the power play. The Flyers are shit as defending a lead. Postives: We got some scoring from key players. Carter Hart was solid. We win ugly again.
    And the trouble with exiting the defensive zone I think comes down to the Flyers D-men not being prepared to take the hit to make the initial play.

​​

Dobber Sports Immortal

Excited for some games tomorrow.h

Dobber Sports Monster

Hutchinson vs Bishop? Wat

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry