Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: 2020 NHL Playoffs Thread

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: 2020 NHL Playoffs Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Awesome news.

So since there's no cover can they now tell us what all of the injuries are up to this point?
    No. we won't be able to... they have to keep that in place in case there are any positive cases.

If they start announcing injuries and then all of a sudden they don't... then we know its COVID.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    No. we won't be able to... they have to keep that in place in case there are any positive cases.

If they start announcing injuries and then all of a sudden they don't... then we know its COVID.
    I know, but we know there aren't any to this point, and just say up to this date injury info is allowed, but moving forward we're keeping with the status quo.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

I know, but we know there aren't any to this point, and just say up to this date injury info is allowed, but moving forward we're keeping with the status quo.
    Yes... but the NHL and NHLPA agreed upon it this way... so it likely isn't going to change. We are just the fans... we don't need to know.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

Yes... but the NHL and NHLPA agreed upon it this way... so it likely isn't going to change. We are just the fans... we don't need to know.
    It's an entertainment industry and I'm not entertained
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

It's an entertainment industry and I'm not entertained
    You have been watching too many of the Flyers games and not enough of the other series then!

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

You have been watching too many of the Flyers games and not enough of the other series then!
    Maybe... But it's EST prime time. I usually only get a period of the late game.

How does this little delay effect each of the teams? My thoughts:

Tampa Bay - positively - some extra time for Stamkos and McDonagh to get healthy?
    Boston - negatively - extra time to stew about the 7-1 loss and to overthink it?

Philadelphia - negatively - more time to think about the 3-0 lead that they blew in the last game?
    Islanders - negatively - more time for goalie controversy after Varlarmov got pulled last game?

Colorado - positively - time for Zadorov, Johnson and Grubauer to get healthy?
    Dallas - no impact - I don't think there is much impact here. Maybe for the health of Bishop, especially after Khudobin giving up 5 goals last game.

Vegas - no impact - veterans and experience and have already been through the whole Fleury agent thing and are likely most prepared for this
    Vancouver - negatively - young team, less experience, might be more effected by this whole situation?

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

I think generally positively for the teams that are coming off wins, especially TB and COL that are dealing with injuries.

I think generally positively for the teams that are coming off wins, especially TB and COL that are dealing with injuries.
    Even Philadelphia who is coming of a win that was not the greatest of victories giving up the 3-0 lead?

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

Even Philadelphia who is coming of a win that was not the greatest of victories giving up the 3-0 lead?
    A win is a win.
    After you win in OT you don't care how you got there.

A win is a win.
    After you win in OT you don't care how you got there.
    Yes, a win is a win...

but giving up a 3-0 lead is still giving up a 3-0 lead. And when you gave up a 3-0 lead to that team earlier in the year its probably something that you think about.

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

Yes, a win is a win...

but giving up a 3-0 lead is still giving up a 3-0 lead. And when you gave up a 3-0 lead to that team earlier in the year its probably something that you think about.
    Fair enough, but I don't think two days off for them in between games is going to make much of a difference once way or the other.

Fair enough, but I don't think two days off for them in between games is going to make much of a difference once way or the other.
    Okay, well I hope you are right. Not sure what its like to be trapped in the bubble, but my guess is there is a lot of time to think about the previous games. I was hoping the Flyers could get back on the ice quicker and get back to playing rather than thinking. Especially when the media is likely going to ask about blowing the 3-0 lead twice to the Islanders his year and what they need to hold a lead against them.

​​

NHL playoff schedule.

Has anyone heard what their intentions are for going forward?

Right now the Schedule on The Score for the Flyers/Islanders is:

Saturday at 12:00 PM EST - without another Eastern Conference game that day.

Monday at TBD - without another Eastern Conference game that day - two Western conference games.

Wednesday at TBD - with another Eastern Conference game.

I really hope that with the delay that the game tomorrow (Saturday) is not actually at 12:00EST or else...

Dobber Sports Titan

I would have assumed they would just be pushing the entire schedule back two days so it impact everyone equally. No idea what they will actually do though.