Page 33 of 54 FirstFirst ... 23 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 43 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump thread and the 2020 election

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Trump thread and the 2020 election

Sorry just to clarify, the people who have called it the "China Virus" and take potshots at China at every turn now think that the leader of said country should take the high road in regards to the President who started it and continually does the same?

That's some high level pearl clutching.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    If you find yourself nodding along to this, I'm hoping you'll then notice who wrote it.
    If that still doesn't cause you to pause and reflect on your vile nature, ok, well, I have no choice but to say a prayer for you.
    Because you're completely lost if you condone this.

Attachment 4902
    Nothing in the statement appears to be untrue or innaccurate. But then again, Chinese officials are much more circumspect than the current US "leader." The ChiComms enjoy a much better reputation for veracity than the occupant of the White House. Sad!

Dobber Sports All-Star

Trump has been taken to Walter Reed Medical Center.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...opter-n1241899
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

If you find yourself nodding along to this, I'm hoping you'll then notice who wrote it.
    If that still doesn't cause you to pause and reflect on your vile nature, ok, well, I have no choice but to say a prayer for you.
    Because you're completely lost if you condone this.

Attachment 4902
    The "image" of Trump. Because that's what it's all about, as far as he is concerned. It's unfortunate, but Trump has continuously put his image before Country by laughing at the threat that COVID-19 poses, and now it has bit him on the ass. Further putting the Country he was sworn to protect at risk.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Star

I am still not convinced he actually has Covid. Also, I am not the type of person who wishes harm on anyone, but I pretty firmly believe the world will be a better place without him. I am sure AW thinks that makes me evil, “pure evil”, even.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    I am still not convinced he actually has Covid. Also, I am not the type of person who wishes harm on anyone, but I pretty firmly believe the world will be a better place without him. I am sure AW thinks that makes me evil, “pure evil”, even.

Rylant
    They wouldnt be able to keep that secret/lie up.. too many people involved not to slip. he has it..

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Quote Originally Posted by GinFizz View Post
    They wouldnt be able to keep that secret/lie up.. too many people involved not to slip. he has it..
    That was my thinking too, once they announced he was being transported to Walter Reed. And now 2 GOP senators on the judiciary committee tested positive. That could effect the SCOTUS nomination.

It all seems poetic, in a dark comedy sort of way
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post

Rylant
    Evil can’t be pure. Potent, but not pure. And Trump’s evil would not be missed. Agreed!

Dobber Sports All-Star

What can we expect from Trump now that he has been diagnosed with Covid-19?

What you can expect is a lot of victimhood and self-pity. Trump and those around him have always demanded for themselves the decencies that they refuse others. They will get them, too. Trump’s opponents will express concern and good wishes—and if they do not, Trump’s allies will complain that those opponents are allowing politics to overwhelm human feeling. It was only three days ago that Trump on a debate stage dismissed Biden’s dead son, Beau, and falsely claimed that Biden’s surviving son, Hunter, had been dishonorably discharged from the military.
    The next day, Trump’s eldest son, Donald Jr., appeared on Glenn Beck’s show to describe Hunter as a “crackhead.” Now, though, we will hear a lot about how people are not being respectful enough to a president in his time of illness.

Trump has all his life posed a moral puzzle: What is due in the way of kindness and sympathy to people who have no kindness and sympathy for anyone else? Should we repay horrifying cruelty in equal measure? Then we reduce ourselves to their level. But if we return indecency with the decency due any other person in need, don’t we encourage appalling behavior? Don’t we prove to them that they belong to some unique bracket of humanity, entitled to kick others when they are writhing on the floor, and then to claim mercy when their own crimes and cruelties cast them upon the floor themselves?

Americans are dead who might have been alive if Trump had met the challenge of COVID-19 with care and responsibility—or if somebody else, literally almost anybody else, had been president instead. Millions are out of work, in danger of losing their homes, living in fear. Tens of millions of young people have suffered disruption to their education, which will follow them through life. The pandemic was not Trump’s fault, but at every turn, he made things worse than they had to be—because at every turn, he cared only for himself, never for the country. And now he will care only for himself again.
    Trump should never have been allowed anywhere near any public office. Wish him well, but recognize that his deformed spirit will never be well—and that nothing can be well for the country under his leadership.

David Frum - The Atlantic (excerpt)
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Master

Sounds like Scott Adams isnt so much a fan of Trump anymore. https://twitter.com/thejd800/status/1311735674161131520

Hmmm, we know which is which in this thread, that's for sure.

Attachment 4898

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
    What can we expect from Trump now that he has been diagnosed with Covid-19?

What you can expect is a lot of victimhood and self-pity. Trump and those around him have always demanded for themselves the decencies that they refuse others. They will get them, too. Trump’s opponents will express concern and good wishes—and if they do not, Trump’s allies will complain that those opponents are allowing politics to overwhelm human feeling. It was only three days ago that Trump on a debate stage dismissed Biden’s dead son, Beau, and falsely claimed that Biden’s surviving son, Hunter, had been dishonorably discharged from the military.
    The next day, Trump’s eldest son, Donald Jr., appeared on Glenn Beck’s show to describe Hunter as a “crackhead.” Now, though, we will hear a lot about how people are not being respectful enough to a president in his time of illness.

Trump has all his life posed a moral puzzle: What is due in the way of kindness and sympathy to people who have no kindness and sympathy for anyone else? Should we repay horrifying cruelty in equal measure? Then we reduce ourselves to their level. But if we return indecency with the decency due any other person in need, don’t we encourage appalling behavior? Don’t we prove to them that they belong to some unique bracket of humanity, entitled to kick others when they are writhing on the floor, and then to claim mercy when their own crimes and cruelties cast them upon the floor themselves?

Americans are dead who might have been alive if Trump had met the challenge of COVID-19 with care and responsibility—or if somebody else, literally almost anybody else, had been president instead. Millions are out of work, in danger of losing their homes, living in fear. Tens of millions of young people have suffered disruption to their education, which will follow them through life. The pandemic was not Trump’s fault, but at every turn, he made things worse than they had to be—because at every turn, he cared only for himself, never for the country. And now he will care only for himself again.
    Trump should never have been allowed anywhere near any public office. Wish him well, but recognize that his deformed spirit will never be well—and that nothing can be well for the country under his leadership.

David Frum - The Atlantic (excerpt)
    A right on the nose assessment. I take opinion pieces with a grain of salt but the whole article was pretty good:

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...-trump/616583/

Dobber Sports Titan

This dude doesn't care. He gets it, he just doesn't care. The bullet the secret service is supposed to take is supposed to be shot at the President, not by the President.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Ninja

There's a Trump tweet for everything!

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    · Oct 24, 2014
    The Ebola doctor who just flew to N.Y. from West Africa and went on the subway, bowling and dining is a very SELFISH man-should have known!

Dobber Sports Titan

I think Ebola is harder to catch than COVID too.

It's through bodily fluids (blood, sweat, urine ect.) but you can only spread it if showing symptoms I'm pretty sure. Unlike COVID. I could be very wrong on that though.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

Next!!!!

https://twitter.com/CanaryMugume/sta...44280664420352

Kayleigh McEnany White House press secretary says she has tested positive for Covid-19. McEnany is the 11th person close to Trump to have tested positive for the virus, @CNN reports.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."