Page 26 of 54 FirstFirst ... 16 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 36 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump thread and the 2020 election

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Trump thread and the 2020 election

I have been in Portland and Seattle and I have seen much, first-hand. You should probably change the channel from Fox News if you wish to be correctly informed.
    Trying to paint entire large cities as "anarchist jurisdictions" is just another fascist move by Trump.
    The demonstrations in Seattle were confined to an area of about 20 square blocks of a city neighborhood known for countercultural activism. No one in Seattle minded. It was easy to avoid. Everything was peaceful until the Boogaloo Bois arrived and murdered someone.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    I have been in Portland and Seattle and I have seen much, first-hand. You should probably change the channel from Fox News if you wish to be correctly informed.
    Trying to paint entire large cities as "anarchist jurisdictions" is just another fascist move by Trump.
    The demonstrations in Seattle were confined to an area of about 20 square blocks of a city neighborhood known for countercultural activism. No one in Seattle minded. It was easy to avoid. Everything was peaceful until the Boogaloo Bois arrived and murdered someone.
    It's ok for a group to just takeover 20 square blocks of property that isn't theirs? For what a protest of one bad cop killing one drug addicted criminal? Give me a break it will take years for that area to recover. Maybe you should turn off the TV period and do your own research.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glatt View Post
    As I have mentioned on this forum before, there will be a civil war in the United States. The fascists have completed their takeover of the Republican Party.
    A far-right coup against the Constitution had been underway since the impeachment. It is nice to see that a few people are waking up to the reality we are about to see: Federal agents, local police and paramilitary militias like the proud boys lined up in unison against citizens to preserve Donald Trump's power.
    All patriots should prepare to engage in violence if necessary to support, protect and defend the Constitution. Fascists do not respond to non-violent methods.
    There are still a few off-ramps before the collision. I hope Trump takes one. But if wannabe-Nazi goons are on "stand by" for Trump, then I am on stand by for whoever is fighting them. There has never been a more important conflict in American history. The mere fate of the planet hinges upon it.
    Have a nice day.
    Talked to my friend a couple days ago in Washington State, He went out and bought a gun. I was stunned, but I guess I shouldn't be. This is a scientist who rarely ever talked about politics. He's now saying he will march to the White House and help drag Trump out if need be. Let me reiterate. This is a married guy in his early 60s, who has worked as a professional scientist all of his life and largely stayed out of anyone's business. He is not a radical leftist of any such nonsense. These are reasonable people who are being pushed to possibly take extreme action to protect democracy and freedom from fascism. I used to think this talk of civil war was nonsense, but not any more. Hope it can be avoided.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Which America do you want? Good Ol' Simple Down Home Joe, or Right Wing Militia, "Stand by" Donald?

Humanism and Compassion vs Pomposity and Aggression.

.Screen Shot 2020-09-30 at 2.03.08 PM.jpeg

Things are gonna get very ugly very soon and the Commander in Chief is stirring the pot.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Ninja

Americans should want an America that is far better than either of those idiots. Obviously you take the guy who isn't pure evil, but he and his party are pretty lousy as well.

Dobber Sports Genius

Here's a scenario for you. I am a young black man in the US born in a poor community. Hmm I don't like my situation, I am going to go and apply to all the construction outfits nearby or move to where there's work. Hmm look at that I got a job as a laborer making $15-$20/hr. I am going to show up early and work really hard everyday. Oh look they offer to apprentice me for a trade (electrician, plumber, carpenter etc). 4 years later.... Oh look I make $30 to $40 an hour now. Time to start a family. 20 years later... Oh look now I can pay for my kids to go to college. Cycle broken. Or I could just sit there and say the system is against me and throw a brick through a window.

This is not communist Russia or China. People can make it out of their situations quite easily. The media is lying to you. Their the one stirring up issues that aren't real or at the very least not prevalent.

*This also applies to white people who think the system is rigged as well. In fact it applies to everyone. This is Canada/US not a third world country.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Ninja

Just that easy folks! LOL.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    Here's a scenario for you. I am a young black man in the US born in a poor community. Hmm I don't like my situation, I am going to go and apply to all the construction outfits nearby or move to where there's work. Hmm look at that I got a job as a laborer making $15-$20/hr. I am going to show up early and work really hard everyday. All look they offer to apprentice me for a trade (electrician, Plumber, Carpenter etc). 4 years later.... Oh look I make $30 to $40 an hour now. Time to start a family. 20 years later... Oh look now I can pay for my kids to go to college. Cycle broken. Or I could just sit there and say the system is against me and throw a brick through a window.

This is not communist Russia or China. People can make it out of their situations quite easily. The media is lying to you. Their the one stirring up issues that aren't real or at the very least not prevalent.

*This also applies to white people who think the system is rigged as well. In fact it applies to everyone. This is Canada/US not a third world country.
    I agree the BLM and some of its supporters have blown things out of proportion. The far left has lost its mind. However, they are the fringe. Just like all the Alt Right groups are the republican fringe. The solutions to these problems are more nuanced than left and right and lie somewhere in the middle ground. Unfortunately, the extreme division in America right now makes necessary conversation next to impossible. Trump exacerbates that division, that is why he needs to be voted out of office in order for America to begin its long road to recovery.
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP

Dobber Sports All-Star

Joe will likely win. But not by a landslide. Trump won't accept the result. Egged on by Trump the right wing extremists will get their turn to riot and loot. Blood will be spilled. Trump will argue mail in ballots are unconstitutional. It will go to the supreme court. Blood will continue to be spilled. Divisions will deepen. Things will get uglier before they get better. But at least under Biden things will eventually get better. Once Trump is finally removed from office, saying he was wronged, claiming victory nonetheless, keeping his fragile ego intact, then and only then will things begin to get better in America. Once the cancer has been removed the long hard work of healing can finally begin.
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP

Dobber Sports Stud

Here's a scenario for you. I am a young black man in the US born in a poor community. Hmm I don't like my situation, I am going to go and apply to all the construction outfits nearby or move to where there's work. Hmm look at that I got a job as a laborer making $15-$20/hr. I am going to show up early and work really hard everyday. Oh look they offer to apprentice me for a trade (electrician, plumber, carpenter etc). 4 years later.... Oh look I make $30 to $40 an hour now. Time to start a family. 20 years later... Oh look now I can pay for my kids to go to college. Cycle broken. Or I could just sit there and say the system is against me and throw a brick through a window.

Go get em kid... lol.. what ignorance.

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
    Joe will likely win. But not by a landslide. Trump won't accept the result. Egged on by Trump the right wing extremists will get their turn to riot and loot. Blood will be spilled. Trump will argue mail in ballots are unconstitutional. It will go to the supreme court. Blood will continue to be spilled. Divisions will deepen. Things will get uglier before they get better. But at least under Biden things will eventually get better. Once Trump is finally removed from office, saying he was wronged, claiming victory nonetheless, keeping his fragile ego intact, then and only then will things begin to get better in America. Once the cancer has been removed the long hard work of healing can finally begin.
    I am genuinely curious how things are going to improve. With social media, the polarization of both sides, and the current state of things in the USA, it will be interested to see how exactly things get better regardless of who wins.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
    Once the cancer has been removed, it is replaced with another version of it. think Jim Jordan...Matt Gaetz.. and to be fair there are some real gems across the aisle.

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Initiate

Here's a scenario for you. I am a young black man in the US born in a poor community. Hmm I don't like my situation, I am going to go and apply to all the construction outfits nearby or move to where there's work. Hmm look at that I got a job as a laborer making $15-$20/hr. I am going to show up early and work really hard everyday. All look they offer to apprentice me for a trade (electrician, Plumber, Carpenter etc). 4 years later.... Oh look I make $30 to $40 an hour now. Time to start a family. 20 years later... Oh look now I can pay for my kids to go to college. Cycle broken. Or I could just sit there and say the system is against me and throw a brick through a window.

I decide not to throw a brick out of the window. By miracle I can send my kid to college. He's studing in engineering. I can't pay for all of it because he has a brother, he needs to take student loans. He gets good grades, he graduates. Start looking for an internship, apply everywhere, couple of interview. Weirdly enough he can't get a good job but his fellow classmates all have really good jobs. I learn that they all have one or more family members well placed in high-end compagnies, funny coincidence Im thinking. So he's now stuck with 40 000$ of loans with a low paid job while his friends have 0$ in loans and already well-placed.

How is that a fair start? I call that elitism. And I havent touch the race subject.

Have a good day
    31 TEAMS keep all multi-cat (lot of them) dynasty
    Offensive stats : Goals, Assist , PPP, PPTOI, SOG...
    Defensive stats : PKTOI, BLKS, TakeAway, Giveaway...
    (basically best NHL player)

Dobber Sports Initiate

Attachment 4892

Thats what I was hoping for yesterday
    31 TEAMS keep all multi-cat (lot of them) dynasty
    Offensive stats : Goals, Assist , PPP, PPTOI, SOG...
    Defensive stats : PKTOI, BLKS, TakeAway, Giveaway...
    (basically best NHL player)

Dobber Sports Sage

It's ok for a group to just takeover 20 square blocks of property that isn't theirs? For what a protest of one bad cop killing one drug addicted criminal? Give me a break it will take years for that area to recover. Maybe you should turn off the TV period and do your own research.
    What did I just tell you? I was there. It was more like the Capitol Hill Street Fair than riots or anarchy. Same kind of crowd you would see at a Soundgarden concert back in the day. Folks from different classes and backgrounds mingling in a largely peaceful way.
    So take your 4th hand propaganda and send it back to Moscow buddy.