Page 16 of 54 FirstFirst ... 6 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump thread and the 2020 election

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Trump thread and the 2020 election

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    good for the goose

Attachment 4813
    Ugghhhh, isn't this a "left" cartoon demonstrating Trumps narcissism and propensity to play the victim? Did you miss that?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    Ugghhhh, isn't this a "left" cartoon demonstrating Trumps narcissism and propensity to play the victim? Did you miss that?

Um, no. Didn't miss it. That's why I wrote "good for the goose."
    I posted a meme making fun of Biden, so I also posted something making fun of the President.

Dobber Sports Star

Um, no. Didn't miss it. That's why I wrote "good for the goose."
    I posted a meme making fun of Biden, so I also posted something making fun of the President.
    Ah my bad, didn't see that somehow.

Dobber Sports Pro

Dobber Sports Guru

Honestly, and I've only skimmed this thread (and find it painful), I just don't see how anyone defends this moron anymore.
    Even ignoring all of the actual politics (which one shouldn't, but often those are ideological differences that aren't going to shift over a hockey board thread)...

...the guy can't spell, can't speak above a 5th grade level, doesn't take the time/energy to watch videos (that's giving the benefit of the doubt) before tweeting them (White Power?!), and doesn't have the wherewithal to denounce a sex trafficker (https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...maxwell-376820). He's bankrupted himself and his businesses multiple times. A bunch of his inner circle have been indicted since he's been in Office (https://www.axios.com/trump-associat...19d9adcc9.html). Many more have turned against him. He had to settle a lawsuit because he's fraudulently using his charities (https://ag.ny.gov/press-release/2019...ump-foundation). He has said things that are completely despicable too many times to count.

He's just not someone that should be President of the United States of America. He belongs on reality TV -- not the White House.

I know a lot of Republicans that can't stand him, and I get that--we can disagree on a lot of politics. I might not agree with them, but I see their rationale. But Trump is indefensible. I'm shocked that there weren't more Republicans in power calling for a new candidate in November early (it's too late now). It boggles my mind. It's really tribalism to the ultimate degree--four years from now, I anticipate the number of GOPers claiming they were never in his corner will be immense, but I'm just blown away it didn't happen earlier.
    Points-only, Full Keeper Dynasty League
    Active roster (no starts, just total points): 12 FW, 6 D, 1 Goalie

Forwards: Kucherov, Barkov, Teravainen, Seguin, Hoffman, Lindholm, Gusev, Horvat, Meier, Perron, Schwartz, Johansen, Pavelski, Buchnevich, Hischier, Granlund, Bracco

Defense: Josi, Dahlin, Letang, Gostisbehere, Ekman-Larsson, Petry, Slavin, Keith, Matheson

Goal: Lehner, Holtby, Varlamov

Farm: Soderstrom, York, Woo, Tracey, Dorofeyev

Based on the numbers, it seems Obama would "go out of his way" to pardon people more than President Trump. Far more.
    How many of them were pardoned as a reward for obstructing an investigation into Obama?
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Bomm Bastic View Post
    How many of them were pardoned as a reward for obstructing an investigation into Obama?
    I really couldn't say. There are simply too many to go through - almost 2000 I believe.
    My goodness Obama - no wonder you didn't get anything else done in 8 years. Not enough time.
    President Trump has only had a few dozen.

As for Mr. Stone, odd as the optics are, there are countless examples of people not even charged for what Stone got convicted for. He was pardoned because a) he's an old man, b) it was a minor crime, relatively speaking, c) his actions, had he not committed them, would not have changed anything and d) his arrest was a despicable CNN production (remember that ? - early morning raid with CNN told beforehand so they could humiliate him like he was a murderous Cartel member or something) and President Trump, unlike Biden, has a very good memory so this was definitely a sweet way for him to return the favour.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    Honestly, and I've only skimmed this thread (and find it painful), I just don't see how anyone defends this moron anymore.
    Even ignoring all of the actual politics (which one shouldn't, but often those are ideological differences that aren't going to shift over a hockey board thread)...

...the guy can't spell, can't speak above a 5th grade level, doesn't take the time/energy to watch videos (that's giving the benefit of the doubt) before tweeting them (White Power?!), and doesn't have the wherewithal to denounce a sex trafficker (https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...maxwell-376820). He's bankrupted himself and his businesses multiple times. A bunch of his inner circle have been indicted since he's been in Office (https://www.axios.com/trump-associat...19d9adcc9.html). Many more have turned against him. He had to settle a lawsuit because he's fraudulently using his charities (https://ag.ny.gov/press-release/2019...ump-foundation). He has said things that are completely despicable too many times to count.

He's just not someone that should be President of the United States of America. He belongs on reality TV -- not the White House.

I know a lot of Republicans that can't stand him, and I get that--we can disagree on a lot of politics. I might not agree with them, but I see their rationale. But Trump is indefensible. I'm shocked that there weren't more Republicans in power calling for a new candidate in November early (it's too late now). It boggles my mind. It's really tribalism to the ultimate degree--four years from now, I anticipate the number of GOPers claiming they were never in his corner will be immense, but I'm just blown away it didn't happen earlier.
    The few Republicans that spoke out against Trump faced so much resistance from Trump's base and Trump himself that it wasn't worth it. Once other Republicans saw how their colleagues were treated they decided to stay silent. I can't necessarily say that I blame them. Just imagine that you have spent your whole career building to your current position as a legislator and your election chances would be greatly diminished by speaking out against Trump. Why be a martyr when it is reasonably possible that he would be a one-term president? It is easy for guys like Romney or McCain since they were in their 70s but for career politicians it has to be tough. You are now starting to see some Republicans, especially those in areas with a many Democrats, start to break with Trump as the election nears. If these polls continue you'll see more of it.

In terms of why do many Republicans still support him, it has become part of their identity and they are entrenched. Studies have been done that even when presented with data to the contrary, the majority of politically-engaged people will look for ways mesh the data with their beliefs or find ways to excuse the facts completely. Cherry-picking data, discrediting experts, negative partisanism, and blatantly misinterpreting and misreading data are all ways that people will keep supporting their leaders and in this case Trump. Don't expect politically-engaged people to logically analyze the political landscape. It's just not the norm. Look no further than the post above about Roger Stone.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Stud

Obama only had 212 pardons but he granted clemency over 1700 times.

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Titan

I really couldn't say. There are simply too many to go through - almost 2000 I believe.
    My goodness Obama - no wonder you didn't get anything else done in 8 years. Not enough time.

As for Mr. Stone, odd as the optics are, there are countless examples of people not even charged for what Stone got convicted for. He was pardoned because a) he's an old man, b) it was a minor crime, relatively speaking, c) his actions, had he not committed them, would not have changed anything and d) his arrest was a despicable CNN production (remember that ? - early morning raid with CNN told beforehand so they could humiliate him like he was a murderous Cartel member or something) and President Trump, unlike Biden, has a very good memory so this was definitely a sweet way for him to return the favour.
    I would like to point out, Trump once forgot his wife was beside him and said, "Melania really wanted to be with us..." and has straight up said he doesn't know Prince Andrew even though he clearly does, so either he forgot or he's a liar on that instance. He was talking about how e-cigarettes/vapes are bad, he said Melania got involved because "she's got a son - together". Kinda forgot the son Melania has is his. He's forgotten how to spell Melania often in tweets (spelled it Melanie). Any time he says a stat and it's not right, is that forgetfulness or lying? There's countless "times Trump has lied" tracking sites out there.

He said he didn't remember 35 times during a deposition in the Trump Uni scandal in 2015, he said 24 times he didn't remember in a separate deposition about the Trump Uni scandal in 2014, he doesn't remember claiming he has one of the best memories in the world. He said, "I remember you telling me, but I don't know that I said it. I don't remember saying that. As good as my memory is, I don't remember that" back in 2015.

Points out he has "one of the greatest memories of all time" but a week earlier Trump was asked if he remembered a meeting in which, according to court docs, former foreign policy adviser George Papadopoulos broached the idea of meeting with Putin. To which he answered, "I don't remember much about that meeting. It was a very unimportant meeting, took place a long time [ago], don't remember much about it"

Not saying Biden has been any better, or we all don't make mistakes, but I've never forgotten my gf is beside me, or if I've hosted a Prince before for brunch, or if I had a son. But hey, those are just all common mistakes, Trumps memory is solid.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Stone was not pardoned. His sentence was commuted, before he was even eligible. He hadn't begun to serve his sentence and his case is up for appeal. A pardon is essentially forgiveness for the crime committed. Stone demanded a commutation of sentence because he refused to admit he committed a crime. He is still a felon under the eye of the law - and with it the restriction re voting and gun ownership.

Oh...and the answer to my rhetorical question is: None.
    @SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Deity

Stone was not pardoned. His sentence was commuted, before he was even eligible. He hadn't begun to serve his sentence and his case is up for appeal. A pardon is essentially forgiveness for the crime committed. Stone demanded a commutation of sentence because he refused to admit he committed a crime. He is still a felon under the eye of the law - and with it the restriction re voting and gun ownership.

Oh...and the answer to my rhetorical question is: None.
    Who's this Bomm Bastic guy????
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Not sure, he must be new around here
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    lmao...blame P7. He sent out the football invites and here I am.

@SmittysRant

Dobber Sports Deity

lmao...blame P7. He sent out the football invites and here I am.

Welcome back!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."