Page 13 of 54 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump thread and the 2020 election

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Trump thread and the 2020 election

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    You failed to answer my question so I shall ask it again before I answer any of the above.

Can we agree that VIOLENT people should be taken off that streets?

That is all I asked!

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't ask how or by whom or anything other than:

Can we not all agree that violent people should be taken off the streets?

Yes, we should not allow violence on the streets. Of course. What about my questions?

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Do you know that all of these people that have taken off the streets were violent? Was there any due process? Who exactly was taking these people? Are they law enforcement? Are they Chinese spies? Are they aliens? Are they farmers? Do we have any idea of proper identification? Are there proper protections put in place to assume that people are innocent until proven guilty?
    Yes, we should not allow violence on the streets. Of course. What about my questions?
    None of your questions are relevant to the point I was trying to make...

All I was trying to get at was that violent people should be taken of the street.

All your questions above... they are not for you or me to answer.... they are for the courts to determine.

But I am glad that we can agree that violent people should not be on the streets. Thank you.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Ninja

None of your questions are relevant to the point I was trying to make...

All I was trying to get at was that violent people should be taken of the street.

All your questions above... they are not for you or me to answer.... they are for the courts to determine.

But I am glad that we can agree that violent people should not be on the streets. Thank you.
    Oh sorry I thought you were trying to discuss the issue in Portland, and had some thoughts on why it's frightening what is happening there. I didn't realize you were just asking a random question.

Pretty tough for any courts to answer those questions about the people in Portland though since these people are being taken by unidentified individuals. But since you were not talking about Portland, but something completely unrelated I guess you must be speaking about something else entirely again.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Were the polls inaccurate in 2016? I mean maybe, but they are based on percentages and none of them were predicting 100% certainty either way. What's different about 2020? Well, just about every stats site has written articles on lessons learned from errors in polling from the previous election cycles, most specifically 2016, and stats doctorate level thesis' have been written on errors and lessons learned, and more accurate ways to apply it going forward. Maybe all of that will mean nothing! But maybe it actually means that polling might be more accurate this time than last time. Which again, the polling wasn't even as inaccurate as everyone claims it was. I mean 538 had Trump at like a 38%, which means more often than 1 in every 3 elections Trump would win.

Oh sorry I thought you were trying to discuss the issue in Portland, and had some thoughts on why it's frightening what is happening there. I didn't realize you were just asking a random question.

Pretty tough for any courts to answer those questions about the people in Portland though since these people are being taken by unidentified individuals. But since you were not talking about Portland, but something completely unrelated I guess you must be speaking about something else entirely again.
    But you expected me to answer them? haha

And like you asked do we have all the information of what is happening in Portland? What sources/what media? Until we have all the information is it right for us to come to any premature views?

The best is for us all to agree that violent people should be taken of the streets and that those in the positions to determine how that happens and guilt/innocence happens.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Initiate

Hillary and the Democrats phoned in another hit. RIP to the son of Judge Esther Salas.

Dobber Sports Ninja

But you expected me to answer them? haha

And like you asked do we have all the information of what is happening in Portland? What sources/what media? Until we have all the information is it right for us to come to any premature views?

The best is for us all to agree that violent people should be taken of the streets and that those in the positions to determine how that happens and guilt/innocence happens.
    It's being reported by places like NPR. Are you claiming that they are wrong?

If the info is correct as reported, do you agree that it is unlawful and should end?

It's being reported by places like NPR. Are you claiming that they are wrong?

If the info is correct as reported, do you agree that it is unlawful and should end?
    What exactly is being reported? Is there any missing information? I am not claiming they are wrong.

Are your answers to your questions being reported on? If not is it possible that we do not know the full story yet?

And if we do not know the full story yet... it comes back to the point we agreed upon - that violent people need to be taken off the street.

​​

Dobber Sports Ninja

What exactly is being reported? Is there any missing information? I am not claiming they are wrong.

Are your answers to your questions being reported on? If not is it possible that we do not know the full story yet?

And if we do not know the full story yet... it comes back to the point we agreed upon - that violent people need to be taken off the street.

Here is some reading for you. Perhaps you are not up on what is going on. I hope this helps and you will agree that we should be opposed to this. I am going to assume the best about you, that you do not agree with facism like Austin Willy does.

https://www.npr.org/2020/07/18/89266...ce-in-portland
    https://www.npr.org/2020/07/17/89227...rs-in-portland
    https://www.npr.org/2020/07/19/89275...-from-his-city

Dobber Sports Padawan

This really is bizarro world type stuff.
    Violent thugs are destroying cities. And hurting people.
    It's no more complicated than that.

Instead of saying, "maybe those Democrat leaders should be restoring law and order" the dem voters instead only care about hating on the bad orange man.
    And the media feeds them distractions & lies every minute.

k79FT.gif

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    This really is bizarro world type stuff.
    Violent thugs are destroying cities. And hurting people.
    It's no more complicated than that.

Instead of saying, "maybe those Democrat leaders should be restoring law and order" the dem voters instead only care about hating on the bad orange man.
    And the media feeds them distractions & lies every minute.
    The solution of course, is for unmarked secret police to come in and whisk some of these thugs away.

That's not "law and order".

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    The solution of course, is for unmarked secret police to come in and whisk some of these thugs away.

That's not "law and order".
    'You play with fire... you wind up burned' - In other words if you do something illegal and end up in jail - that's the result you deserve.

If a thug is doing something illegal and gets arrested by an undercover cop... is that okay?

​​

Dobber Sports Ninja

'You play with fire... you wind up burned' - In other words if you do something illegal and end up in jail - that's the result you deserve.

If a thug is doing something illegal and gets arrested by an undercover cop... is that okay?
    Ok, so I was wrong. You do support facism. Gotcha.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    Thanks for the tip. I am curious to read some thoughts and explanations from Republicans who I don't agree with politically.
    It's a very interesting read from a conservative perspective. Like you, I like to be exposes to a variety of perspectives. What's interesting (to me) about Mr. Sasse is he is the third most reliable conservative vote in Congress. But also has not been shy about criticizing Trump in specific areas where he is in disagreement (including related to the federal response to covid, for example). Before spending your hard earned $, you can read an online review to get a sense of his thesis...which might help determine if the book would be worth your time.

Ok, so I was wrong. You do support facism. Gotcha.
    How is it facism if I believe that someone that does something illegal gets the proper discipline for it?

​​