Page 11 of 54 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump thread and the 2020 election

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Trump thread and the 2020 election

A) The statement was that he "still hasn't worn one." Untrue. Like most of the false accusations against him.
    B) Those cloth diapers (custom ones, like the one POTUS has on) have no science behind them whatsoever.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    A) The statement was that he "still hasn't worn one." Untrue. Like most of the false accusations against him.
    B) Those cloth diapers have no science behind them whatsoever.
    https://www.ucsf.edu/news/2020/06/41...-masks-prevent
    https://med.stanford.edu/news/all-ne...uidelines.html
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/startsw.../#c2e95465f3c2
    Etc
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Stud

im sure the opposite side will say that those studies are done with a liberal slant to hurt POTUS. The wheel goes round and round.

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Padawan

The fashionable ones, I'm talking about. I was referring specifically to the one President Trump was wearing.
    I wear an N95 myself.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    I can understand people who like Trump because it benefits them in some way (I think it's gross but I can understand it), but if you actually believe he's a "patriot", then I think you're one of the people who just has the wool completely over their eyes. To the point that nobody here can even have a rational conversation with you about any of it. A ****ing patriot, jesus christ.
    I've been reading a fascinating book, Why we're Polarized, and it explains how Trump has been able to get his support. Negative partisanship and group identity politics have increased dramatically over the last decade in the United States. On both sides, more so on the GOP-side though, people dislike the opposing party more than they support their own party. Plus, the rural vs urban divide has furthered and intensified an us versus them outlook.

The key is going to be swing states and the suburbs which Biden has large leads in as of now. Biden will easily win the popular vote but as we have seen in 2016 that doesn't always result in an electoral college win. While Trump's electoral college win looks impressive from 2016, it was due to 80,000 swing votes across Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania. That does not look like it will happen again. Plus, Arizona, Florida, Georgia, and possibly even Texas look to flip to Biden. Trump is not leading the polls in any state he lost in 2016.
    Last edited by Daydream Nation; July 20, 2020 at 11:27 AM. Reason: missed words
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Padawan

Ignore the polls. Waste of time. Hillary was WAY ahead months before the 2016 election too. She was 85%+ to win days before the election.

Dobber Sports Titan

The fashionable ones, I'm talking about. I was referring specifically to the one President Trump was wearing.
    I wear an N95 myself.
    The purpose of the masks is to stop spit droplets going into the air. If you are infected by the virus, this would prevent spreading it to someone else. This is if you're asymptomatic and out in public, it's to prevent you from spreading the virus through spit droplets that you produce from talking.

The people who aren't wearing a mask are doing nothing to themselves, but they are possibly infecting others if they are asymptomatic and out in public. I'm also assuming you aren't in public if you're symptomatic.

Obviously N95 or surgical masks are better.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    The purpose of the masks is to stop spit droplets going into the air. If you are infected by the virus, this would prevent spreading it to someone else. This is if you're asymptomatic and out in public, it's to prevent you from spreading the virus through spit droplets that you produce from talking.

The people who aren't wearing a mask are doing nothing to themselves, but they are possibly infecting others if they are asymptomatic and out in public. I'm also assuming you aren't in public if you're symptomatic.

Obviously N95 or surgical masks are better.
    I agree with the common sense approach. And it's easy and inexpensive to wear one. So I do wear one when I go out. A proper one.
    But there are no actual scientific studies proving that those custom masks have any effectiveness at all.
    If you want to quote doctors or other "experts," go ahead but then I'll quote the many doctors who claim the hydroxychloroquine pack is an effective therapy when used early enough.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I posted an article that shows mistakes they made along the way. Thank god I don't share one that displays the American mistakes lol. I never said Canada was perfect in dealing with it but I'm much happier to be here than South of the border.
    I'm happy I live in a state governed by a Democratic governor who makes decisions based on science and medicine NOT on how it will affect his political chances in an upcoming election. If my state had the previous Republican governor there would have been an Italy-like situation in Chicago back in April.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Padawan

Yeah, thank goodness for Andrew Cuomo and all the Democrat governors like him.

Coronavirus: 6,300 COVID-19 patients in New York were sent to nursing homes

https://globalnews.ca/news/7145722/c...nursing-homes/

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    I've been reading a fascinating book, Why we're Polarized, and it explains how Trump has been able to get his support. Negative partisanship and group identity politics have increased dramatically over the last decade in the United States. On both sides, more so on the GOP-side though, people dislike the opposing party more than they support their own party. Plus, the rural vs urban divide has furthered and intensified an us versus them outlook.
    If this stuff is up your alley, you might also enjoy: Them - Why We Hate Each Other and How to Heal (Ben Sasse, GOP Senator from Nebraska).

Dobber Sports Titan

I agree with the common sense approach. And it's easy and inexpensive to wear one. So I do wear one when I go out. A proper one.
    But there are no actual scientific studies proving that those custom masks have any effectiveness at all.
    If you want to quote doctors or other "experts," go ahead but then I'll quote the many doctors who claim the hydroxychloroquine pack is an effective therapy when used early enough.
    It's also dependent on you washing it an appropriate amount of times too, which is more of a common sense approach then science backed I would assume.

I know it's all small science with face coverings right now, I would assume this is because not much money should be going towards a study of wearing a face mask right now. But whatever. Here's an article that does illustrate the benefits and limitations of masks. And again, you can share your link if you want. But I did enjoy how this was more of a physics explanation behind the masks vs like a medical study. Just personally found it interesting. https://www.forbes.com/sites/startsw.../#38472fc5f3c2

I wonder if there's a social angle to this too. If you wear a mask, are you subconsciously more likely to use hand sanitizer, not touch your face, stay 6ft from people. That's such a hard experiment to do, but I wonder if you feel the mask on your face, are you more likely to be aware of what you are doing "wrong".

I also saw Trump say he'll not make a mandate for the whole USA to wear masks out in public. And it's getting a large angry amount of articles, but in Canada, provincial level gov'ts aren't even doing that so why are people freaking out that Trump isn't? That I will say is just hate towards Trump.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Ninja

Won't even agree to election results on election day.
    Unmarked vehicles grabbing people in Portland and hauling them away.

Take a step back. How can any American be ok with that?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Ignore the polls. Waste of time. Hillary was WAY ahead months before the 2016 election too. She was 85%+ to win days before the election.
    Here's a good overlay if you want what the polls were actually at last election vs now.

https://i.imgur.com/IVl5DE1.png

Dobber Sports Padawan

I hear there are some unmarked vehicles grabbing violent scumbags in Portland and hauling them away.

I don't know who is behind this but thumbs up to whoever is trying (finally) to clean up the streets there!