Page 10 of 54 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump thread and the 2020 election

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: Trump thread and the 2020 election

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    you have to invite them in for coffee. Then they will ‘reschedule’. They like the element of surprise or discomfort.

but make sure they are JW. Another religion that also does the door to door ministry like JW will accept the invitation and stay all afternoon!
    Yeah years ago I had some long sit downs with the LDS members when I had time for that kind of stuff. Was always interesting. Eventually they came with some older guy as a last ditch hail mary, which was sort of strange. Didn't think bishops did that, so maybe was a more experienced missionary. Don't recall now. I generally had a lot of fun with those folks and figured if they were wasting their time with me they were not bothering someone else. Sort of how I handle scam phone calls these days as well.

Had a couple from the WMSCOG swing by last summer as well, and that was a new one.

Dobber Sports All-Star

At this point, or actually back in February, it doesn't matter where it came from. It's on Canadian soil and American soil now so it's up to them and not China to do the right thing, which Trudeau did and Trump didn't. There are many models for Trump to follow including Canada as well as European and Asian countries but Trump doesn't want anything to do with it. His ONLY concern is getting re-elected at any cost. He won't let anything stand in his way.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    At this point, or actually back in February, it doesn't matter where it came from. It's on Canadian soil and American soil now so it's up to them and not China to do the right thing, which Trudeau did and Trump didn't. There are many models for Trump to follow including Canada as well as European and Asian countries but Trump doesn't want anything to do with it. His ONLY concern is getting re-elected at any cost. He won't let anything stand in his way.
    I am just curious about what specifically you think Trudeau did and what specifically you think Trump did not do? Most of the major decisions are made at the provincial level in Canada, and the state level in the United States.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    I am just curious about what specifically you think Trudeau did and what specifically you think Trump did not do? Most of the major decisions are made at the provincial level in Canada, and the state level in the United States.
    Trudeau introduced various incentive programs to allow people to stay home and keep their head above water while not working. He brought in various programs for employers to help offset loses to allow businesses to stay alive while their doors were closed. Trudeau worked with opposition to get things done. Trudeau held daily briefings to inform Canadians about situation changes and to reinforce the reminders that Public Health were suggesting. Trudeau supported Provincial decisions from local Health officials. For Trudeau it isn't about politics, it's about Canadas health. You don't see the political games being played.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Trudeau introduced various incentive programs to allow people to stay home and keep their head above water while not working. He brought in various programs for employers to help offset loses to allow businesses to stay alive while their doors were closed. Trudeau worked with opposition to get things done. Trudeau held daily briefings to inform Canadians about situation changes and to reinforce the reminders that Public Health were suggesting. Trudeau supported Provincial decisions from local Health officials. For Trudeau it isn't about politics, it's about Canadas health. You don't see the political games being played.
    I appreciate your response (sincerely I do). My reaction is two-fold: (1) the US economic response was also very effective (and bipartisan). I'm not sure you could convince me that the Canadian economic response was any better, or any worse, than the US response. And it's ongoing in both countries, so it's still TBD; and (2) while the US is an absolute mess with respect to the public health angle and political infighting, I'd suggest that would be the case no matter who was president. It's a symptom of a much larger disease (no pun intended).

Dobber Sports Deity

I appreciate your response (sincerely I do). My reaction is two-fold: (1) the US economic response was also very effective (and bipartisan). I'm not sure you could convince me that the Canadian economic response was any better, or any worse, than the US response. And it's ongoing in both countries, so it's still TBD; and (2) while the US is an absolute mess with respect to the public health angle and political infighting, I'd suggest that would be the case no matter who was president. It's a symptom of a much larger disease (no pun intended).
    None the less, Canada is clearly in a better position than the US and I deem that success to leadership. Be it from the PM, the Premiers of the Provinces, the Health Authority. It all starts at the top and trickles down. Clearly there's a difference between our two countries and it starts at the top.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

None the less, Canada is clearly in a better position than the US and I deem that success to leadership. Be it from the PM, the Premiers of the Provinces, the Health Authority. It all starts at the top and trickles down. Clearly there's a difference between our two countries and it starts at the top.
    I could be mistaken, but I think you also posted a G&M article about what Canada's handling of covid-19 was an absolute disaster?

Canada is in a much better situation, but my personal belief is that most of that has nothing to do with leadership. We have less densely populated cities like NYC. And we have a society that is generally more open to state intervention and a population willing to follow rules...

Dobber Sports Deity

I posted an article that shows mistakes they made along the way. Thank god I don't share one that displays the American mistakes lol. I never said Canada was perfect in dealing with it but I'm much happier to be here than South of the border.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I posted an article that shows mistakes they made along the way. Thank god I don't share one that displays the American mistakes lol. I never said Canada was perfect in dealing with it but I'm much happier to be here than South of the border.
    I have literally no idea how anyone in Canada could say any different.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Here's just a recent example of what Canada does well.

https://apnews.com/72e93f0780cad703e...&utm_medium=AP

Dobber Sports All-Star

Like Ax said, Trudeau has worked with Premiers and had a plan to deal with the pandemic early on. 6 months in, Trump still doesn't have a plan or a clue. He politicized the pandemic by playing games with Democratic governors. He has threatened Governors and mayors and even accused hospital staff of stealing PPE's. He has never lead by example and still won't wear a mask. Trump also gave out $500 Billion in bailout funds with no oversight. Much of which has gone anywhere but small businesses, but companies connected to Trump and Kushner as well as campaign donors. Trump is the most selfserving President in American history.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Godin View Post
    He has never lead by example and still won't wear a mask.
    "Wrong."

9cap.jpg

Dobber Sports Ninja

Won't even agree to election results on election day.
    Unmarked vehicles grabbing people in Portland and hauling them away.

Very bad news down there. I am worried about what could happen.

Dobber Sports Padawan

The biggest thing to worry about is if Biden gets elected.

Those rioters all over the US - why do you think the left media gives them so little coverage ?!
    Because they're democrats, that's why. 99% of them.

If it was Trump voters destroying and looting in the streets, that's all you'd see in the news. The Seattle (Democrat) Mayor initially called Chaz a summer love-fest, remember ? They forcefully took over 6 blocks of the city, including the police station, and set up barricades! Most people I know have never even heard of Chaz. Because the media is so rotten to the core, they don't want to show the chaos in democrat cities, simply because it would help President Trump. And none of their followers call them on it. They just suck it all up and parrot the BS.

God help America if Biden wins in November.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    "Wrong."

9cap.jpg
    Only took like less than 100 days (I think the official count is 99days) for him to do it, and break a couple of companies mask policies to get that picture.

Now I don't know since this, but I don't think he's worn a mask since. I could be wrong, but there hasn't been a time he's done this.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll