Page 6 of 54 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump thread and the 2020 election

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Re: Trump thread and the 2020 election

We don’t even need to get into the argument that it implies America would need to be made great by doing something different than what Trump has done the last four years, and also implies America currently is not great, which would be the sitting presidents doing.

Dobber Sports Deity

Biden needs a hat that says MAHA. Make America Healthy Again, in so many ways.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    For those in here who think schools should not be opened in the fall (most Democrats are inexplicably arguing for them not to open!!!).

I wouldn’t say Dems are pushing to NOT reopen, I’d say they are pushing against an idiot who is demanding they reopen without any safe plan for reopening.

As a teacher whose daughter is immunocompromised, do I assume things are going to be safely executed? Will positively tested students (who may not be hurt long term) quarantine for two weeks? What about those they come in contact with—because in a school day, that’s roughly 150+ other students and staff at minimum. Do I get two weeks sick leave if I need to quarantine? Who’s paying for all the subs? Who is gonna want to sub in this train wreck scenario?

My students with their own compromised immune systems—do they get a digital offering? And if so, why is their education less than others? What about students that live with grandparents or immunocompromised parents or siblings?

Oh, and my classroom normally has 28 students—no way to socially distance at 6 feet. So do we make classes smaller? Where are the extra staff members coming from? What about the classroom spaces? Most buildings don’t have a lot of extra room. Hiring more custodians?

I think EVERYONE wants school back to normal, but a plan would be better than stupid tweets saying “SCHOOLS MUST REOPEN IN THE FALL”

POTUS should stop tweeting and start talking to experts and coming up with actual solutions. Our school has been working tirelessly on a hybrid model for months—and it’s far from perfect but makes some sense compared just proclaiming all will be fine.

Remember when he claimed the virus would be gone in a couple weeks?

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post
    I wouldn’t say Dems are pushing to NOT reopen, I’d say they are pushing against an idiot who is demanding they reopen without any safe plan for reopening.

As a teacher whose daughter is immunocompromised, do I assume things are going to be safely executed? Will positively tested students (who may not be hurt long term) quarantine for two weeks? What about those they come in contact with—because in a school day, that’s roughly 150+ other students and staff at minimum. Do I get two weeks sick leave if I need to quarantine? Who’s paying for all the subs? Who is gonna want to sub in this train wreck scenario?

My students with their own compromised immune systems—do they get a digital offering? And if so, why is their education less than others? What about students that live with grandparents or immunocompromised parents or siblings?

Oh, and my classroom normally has 28 students—no way to socially distance at 6 feet. So do we make classes smaller? Where are the extra staff members coming from? What about the classroom spaces? Most buildings don’t have a lot of extra room. Hiring more custodians?

I think EVERYONE wants school back to normal, but a plan would be better than stupid tweets saying “SCHOOLS MUST REOPEN IN THE FALL”

POTUS should stop tweeting and start talking to experts and coming up with actual solutions. Our school has been working tirelessly on a hybrid model for months—and it’s far from perfect but makes some sense compared just proclaiming all will be fine.

Not to dismiss any of your points, but aren't almost all of the issues you are identifying state (as opposed to federal government) issues? [I have a few friends that are teachers, so I'm sympathetic to all of the issues you have raised.]

Dobber Sports Ninja

I don't have time in my life for anyone who supports Donald Trump. I have lots of time for those who support conservative viewpoints and have great conversations with them about things we agree or disagree on. At this point anyone who still supports the individual Donald Trump is someone who I cannot be bothered to engage with any longer. I get one shot at life and I don't want to spend it with people like that.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by STONE. View Post

No, actually. I don't remember that at all. "Gone in a couple weeks" - Can I see a reliable source for that please ?

Since we're playing the "remember" game, remember when Biden said this.

Dobber Sports Padawan

For those who don't understand #MAGA (again)
    Well, there was this pandemic unleashed on the world from China.
    It damaged economies everywhere, including in the US.

So, President Trump is being forced to make America great again (again) because of that damage.
    i.e. He made it great again after correcting 8 years of Obama damage.
    Then Wuhan virus undid much of that progress.
    Now his goal is to do it again.

Dobber Sports Titan

Kanye is apparently going through a bi-polar episode, and people close to him are worried. I don't know ANYTHING about mental health to the point to diagnose someone, but maybe this episode is effecting his presidential idea.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

No, actually. I don't remember that at all. "Gone in a couple weeks" - Can I see a reliable source for that please ?

What about when he said the warm temps would make it go away. That was a good one too.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Guru

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    Not to dismiss any of your points, but aren't almost all of the issues you are identifying state (as opposed to federal government) issues? [I have a few friends that are teachers, so I'm sympathetic to all of the issues you have raised.]
    You are correct—further reasons why he shouldn’t pressure from the WH. But he has threatened to cut Federal funding for not opening.

Not only does he put undo pressure on Governors that need to react to their own State situations, but he fires up a base that hangs on his every word.

Dobber Sports Guru

Perhaps my paraphrase wasn’t exact, but the message has been similar:

JAN 30
    “We think we have it very well under control. We have very little problem in this country at this moment — five. And those people are all recuperating successfully.”
    — Donald Trump

FEB 25
    “You may ask about the coronavirus, which is very well under control in our country. We have very few people with it, and the people that have it are … getting better. They’re all getting better. … As far as what we’re doing with the new virus, I think that we’re doing a great job.”
    — Donald Trump

FEB 26
    “And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."
    — Donald Trump

Dobber Sports Grand Master

This obviously isn’t the coronavirus thread, but just to point out (again), it’s close to 100% confirmed Covid did not come from Wuhan.

https://calgaryherald.com/news/world...box=1593995298

The best we’ve got is we really don’t know.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Yes, please, let's give the Democrats even MORE power! Vote em in! lol
    Hope you have your firearms ready, though.

Funny how the left just ignores that violence in democrat states/cities.
    It's pretty remarkable, really.
    And since 90% of the media is left-biased, it's the perfect scam. Nobody calls anybody out. The only time you see the media challenged is when Kayleigh does it at the WH pressers.
    God bless that woman.

VoteDemocrat.jpg

Dobber Sports Padawan

Another funny thing about some Democrats ?
    They actually spoke with some common sense not too long ago. Then again, they weren't blinded by their hatred back then. I guess 7 years ago, it was a culture problem. Today, it MUST be Donald Trump's fault.

Dobber Sports Pro

Yes, please, let's give the Democrats even MORE power! Vote em in! lol
    Hope you have your firearms ready, though.

Funny how the left just ignores that violence in democrat states/cities.
    It's pretty remarkable, really.
    And since 90% of the media is left-biased, it's the perfect scam. Nobody calls anybody out. The only time you see the media challenged is when Kayleigh does it at the WH pressers.
    God bless that woman.

VoteDemocrat.jpg
    That data you are presenting is a hatchet job and basically wrong:

"A viral Facebook post links "America’s deadliest cities" with having a "Democrat majority," implying a causal connection.

The data cited has some fundamental issues, notably that it uses out-of-date FBI data and ranks cities by crime rate when the FBI specifically warns against doing so.

This glosses over the array of intensely local factors that influence crime. Violent crime in particular stems from a limited group of people in a limited area, so assuming that segment has a particular political bent based on the city at large — and that their violence stems from those politics — is a stretch at best.

Large cities do have more crime. And they do have more Democrats — both in terms of general voting and local leadership. But it’s a classic example of correlation without evidence of causality.

We rate this Mostly False."

https://www.politifact.com/factcheck...s-overreaches/