Thread: Expansion Draft - Protect 5

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Expansion Draft - Protect 5

24 Team With Cap (AAV - NHL+10%) - H2H Pts
    Skaters: G:4, A:2, PPP: 1, SHP: 2, SOG: 0.5, +/-: 1, HIT: 0.5, BLK: 0.5, FOW: 0.1
    Goalies: W: 6, SV: 0.25, GA: -2, SHO: 6, Shootout Loss: 3
    Positions: 3C, 6W, 3F, 6D, 2G, 3 Bench, 27 Prospects

The league is expanding from 20 to 24 teams so we're doing an expansion draft. Each team gets to protect 20 players (between active players and prospects) and will lose 8 in the expansion.

Definite Keepers (15): Holtby, Kuemper, Francouz, Point, Cirelli, Pastrnak, Huberdeau, Stone, Schenn, Patches, Keller, Palmieri, Perron, Giroux, Pietrangelo

Considerations for the last 5 slots: Kempe, Cizikas, J. Anderson (CBJ), Severson, P. Myers, Skjei, Bratt, Goodrow, Dermott, Timmins

Currently thinking Anderson, P. Myers, Severson, Goodrow and Cizikas since I'm going to be over the cap as is.

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Expansion Draft - Protect 5

My five from that group would be Anderson, Bratt, Dermott, PMyers, Goodrow.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    My five from that group would be Anderson, Bratt, Dermott, PMyers, Goodrow.
    I would keep Timmins over Goodrow, but otherwise I agree with Axe.

Goodrow might get passed over on your team for the higher risk/reward of Kempe or the bigger name familiarity of Cizikas, but I doubt an expansion team passes on the upside of Timmins.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I would keep Timmins over Goodrow, but otherwise I agree with Axe.

Goodrow might get passed over on your team for the higher risk/reward of Kempe or the bigger name familiarity of Cizikas, but I doubt an expansion team passes on the upside of Timmins.
    Ya, I went back and forth between Timmins and Goodrow but I am not sure where Timmins fits in with Colorado so I figured I'd let him pass.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Ya, I went back and forth between Timmins and Goodrow but I am not sure where Timmins fits in with Colorado so I figured I'd let him pass.
    Talent always wins out haha. We also didn't know how Girard, Jones, Josi, Ellis, Ekholm, and Subban were going to work in Nashville a couple years ago. I'm never too worried about log jams like that. In this kind of case you just want to keep the most value, and in my mind that's Timmins.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

The Great One

An expansion where the top 400 players are protected, and then the rest of the crap is divided amongst 4 teams? Really? lol

I'd also go with Timmins, and the other 4. But I agree the gap between Timmins and Goodrow is not very big.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    An expansion where the top 400 players are protected, and then the rest of the crap is divided amongst 4 teams? Really? lol

I'd also go with Timmins, and the other 4. But I agree the gap between Timmins and Goodrow is not very big.
    I hadn't really paid attention to the number of teams coming in or the size of the league. You're right though, those are going to be four crap teams for a long time.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Agree with most on the four, Anderson, Bratt, Dermott, PMyers. I like Timmins here as well, as a Goodrow owner myself, the move from SJ to TB was not what fantasy owners needed.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Anderson, Bratt, Dermott, PMyers, and Timmins. Also because Goodrow left sweet deployment in SJ.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.