Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rank these guys. Prospect Forward!

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Rank these guys. Prospect Forward!

Sorry, Axeman. I know you don't need me defending you haha.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Mike's Lemons View Post
    I think it has everything to do with what we are talking about. The hype on KK is real, just as it was with Tolvanen. Maybe Axe doesn't let the hype get to him and he sees more in Denisenko than KK. Which he explained his reasons. Look at guys like Kyrou. Massive skill set, yet when's he really going to get the opportunity to show it off with how deep the Blues are? Kaprizov will no doubt have a chance off the hop, but maybe his game doesn't translate well in the NHL. Maybe Denisenko's does? Maybe Tippet turns out to be the best of the bunch. Maybe Caufield's scoring touch never follows him when he makes the Habs roster. It's all a guessing game and while other league stats look nice, nobody can say with an ounce of certainty that one guy will for sure be better than the next on this list.
    Axe said: “I remember when everyone was excited about Tolvanen too”

I remember when everyone was excited about Erik Karlsson too.

I remember when everyone was excited about Tarasenko too.

I remember when everyone was excited about Filip Forsberg too.

I remember when everyone was excited about Kuznetsov too.

Equally meaningless statements. Some prospects bomb, some meet expectations, some exceed. Stating the obvious that I thought would never have to be said here amongst fantasy hockey fiends. I want to know why someone likes a prospect or why they don’t. That’s why most of us are here, I think. I thanked Axe for offering his reasons. His last statement was useless and I called him out for it. No big deal.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by vandalay View Post
    Axe said: “I remember when everyone was excited about Tolvanen too”

I remember when everyone was excited about Erik Karlsson too.

I remember when everyone was excited about Tarasenko too.

I remember when everyone was excited about Filip Forsberg too.

I remember when everyone was excited about Kuznetsov too.

Equally meaningless statements. Some prospects bomb, some meet expectations, some exceed. Stating the obvious that I thought would never have to be said here amongst fantasy hockey fiends. I want to know why someone likes a prospect or why they don’t. That’s why most of us are here, I think. I thanked Axe for offering his reasons. His last statement was useless and I called him out for it. No big deal.
    Exactly. I am not saying Kaprizov will end up crapping the bed like Tolvanen did when he came over. I am just saying folks need to relax a bit on Kaprizov because of his surroundings because it's quite possible. Most around here were overhyped on Tolvanen because he did so well in the KHL as a kid, much like Kaprizov has. Nashville wasnt a great fit for him (still isn't in my opinion). That's the comparison I was trying to make. Just because one has KHL success doesn't always translate to NHL success. Same could be said for Denisenko, or any of the other names there.

I also said all these kids are damn close. I just happen to like the four I mentioned more than Kaprizov. That's MY opinion and god knows I've been wrong in the past. No one owns a crystal ball. To each their own. I never cheer for failure for any of these kids but unfortunately it happens more times than not. Mike's Lemon's is right. For all we know Tippett could end up being the best but I dont expect anyone to have him at the top of their list here from these kids.

We're all just guessing here folks and basing our guesses on what we DO know. I look at things like team make up, opportunity, coaching and systems when I try and guess these kids value. That's all we really have to go on. That's why I wont have Caufield near the top of my list. He's a great looking prospect in the system he's in today, but how will he fit in when he gets to Montreal. I am not a big fan of Claude Julien when it comes to developing kids so I am not sure how well Caufield will do in that system. It's things like this that I look at when I try and rank kids. I don't like Minny's situation right now with the players coming up and they have an interim head coach in Dean Evason. Who knows who will be the coach there next year and what they will do with the roster to try and help out Kaprizov develop. The next coach could be great for kids and he could also be a prospect slayer who has no time trying to develop prospects. I love Quenneville in Florida and that's one reason I have Denisenko in my top four.

Anyway, monday morning rambling complete I guess.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by rs421 View Post
    In a Keeper-League point only. In what order would you put them? Not necessarily the closest to play. Biggest Upside for you!?

Trevor Zegras
    Barret hayton
    Dylan Conzens
    Alex Newhook
    Jason Robertson
    Grigori Denisenko
    Owen Tippett
    Kirill Kaprizov
    Cole Caufield
    Philip Tomasino
    Morgan Frost
    Jordan Kyrou
    Nicholas Robertson
    Vasily Podkolzin
    Connor McMichael
    With no timeline and no bonus for goals I'll try and rate although it will be hard as most leagues those things will play a factor- I'm sure bias will creep into my list. I'm not as sure on frost tomasino kyrou and McMichael so I'll exclude them rather than pretend I know what I'm talking about.

Zegras/KK- I think zegras could make scouts look silly long term. I'm in he kk will be a savior camp.

Newhook/N Robertson- Newhooks explosive speed with Mack will make the whole team a lineup nightmare. I think people forget how shizdang young Robertson is and premature- lol! He should be in this year's draft and if he had the year he did in his draft year we'd be saying he's a top two- combined with nonstop motor and desire to get better- fave player on the let.

Hayton/Denisenko- I like both but hayton mayend upmore of a two way guy and Denisenko- isso boom busty.

Tippett/caufield- both will beso damn good in fantasy but thing not to weigh in their dog and goal ttals on this list is difficult.

Podkolzin- love his kid but maybe a roto I ever with 60 point seasons.

Cozens- will take awhile to deelop and likely slips to at least L2 on that lineup. So much of his draft pedigree is size and potential and those guys scare me. Hell be an NHLer but not absolutely sold on his upside.

J Robertson- not the horse I'm backing. Just my take...

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by Fighting_Emu View Post
    With no timeline and no bonus for goals I'll try and rate although it will be hard as most leagues those things will play a factor- I'm sure bias will creep into my list. I'm not as sure on frost tomasino kyrou and McMichael so I'll exclude them rather than pretend I know what I'm talking about.

Zegras/KK- I think zegras could make scouts look silly long term. I'm in he kk will be a savior camp.

Newhook/N Robertson- Newhooks explosive speed with Mack will make the whole team a lineup nightmare. I think people forget how shizdang young Robertson is and premature- lol! He should be in this year's draft and if he had the year he did in his draft year we'd be saying he's a top two- combined with nonstop motor and desire to get better- fave player on the let.

Hayton/Denisenko- I like both but hayton mayend upmore of a two way guy and Denisenko- isso boom busty.

Tippett/caufield- both will beso damn good in fantasy but thing not to weigh in their dog and goal ttals on this list is difficult.

Podkolzin- love his kid but maybe a roto I ever with 60 point seasons.

Cozens- will take awhile to deelop and likely slips to at least L2 on that lineup. So much of his draft pedigree is size and potential and those guys scare me. Hell be an NHLer but not absolutely sold on his upside.

J Robertson- not the horse I'm backing. Just my take...
    You just said "Shizdang". I'm adding that word to my "how to embarrass my kids" vocab list!

Thank you!