Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rank these guys. Prospect Forward!

Dobber Sports Novice

Post Rank these guys. Prospect Forward!

In a Keeper-League point only. In what order would you put them? Not necessarily the closest to play. Biggest Upside for you!?

Trevor Zegras
    Barrett Hayton
    Dylan Conzens
    Alex Newhook
    Jason Robertson
    Grigori Denisenko
    Owen Tippett
    Kirill Kaprizov
    Cole Caufield
    Philip Tomasino
    Morgan Frost
    Jordan Kyrou
    Nicholas Robertson
    Vasily Podkolzin
    Connor McMichael

Dobber Sports Icon

Default Re: Rank these guys. Prospect Forward!

Ranked by upside:

Kaprizov
    Kyrou
    Newhook
    Tomasino
    Zegras
    N Robertson
    Caufield
    Cozens
    Podkolzin
    McMichael
    Tippett
    Hayton
    Frost
    Denisenko
    J Robertson

Dobber Sports Titan

I would bump Zegras up a little and Tippett down to the bottom, but otherwise pretty close to how I would rank them.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Deity

To be fair, these guys for the most part, are the cream of the crop in up-and-coming prospects. To tell you who is better at this point is based more on personal preference than fact.

My top four that I would want to own:

Frost
    Zegras
    Denisenko
    Cozens

As I say, personal preference. Hard to differentiate between a lot of these kids.

My recommendation is to look at the Dobber ranked prospect list and to consider purchasing the Dobber Prospect Guide for a TON of information on most of these kids will help you differentiate them.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    To be fair, these guys for the most part, are the cream of the crop in up-and-coming prospects. To tell you who is better at this point is based more on personal preference than fact.

My top four that I would want to own:

Frost
    Zegras
    Denisenko
    Cozens

As I say, personal preference. Hard to differentiate between a lot of these kids.

My recommendation is to look at the Dobber ranked prospect list and to consider purchasing the Dobber Prospect Guide for a TON of information on most of these kids will help you differentiate them.
    You seem to have forgotten Kaprizov

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by vandalay View Post
    You seem to have forgotten Kaprizov
    You seem to assume I did.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Stud

You seem to assume I did.
    Yeah I kid. But I would love to know what your reasoning could possibly be in favour of Denisenko over KK, for example. Controlling for bias regarding Russian players, if you will.

Dobber Sports Deity

Yeah I kid. But I would love to know what your reasoning could possibly be in favour of Denisenko over KK, for example. Controlling for bias regarding Russian players, if you will.
    What can I tell you. I'm high on Denisenko and I like the supporting cast in Florida more than what I see in Minny. The Wild are almost expecting this kid to come in and be a god-send, where as Denisenko can come in and be a compliment to the studs they already own. His transition should be easier.

I could be overthinking it but I'm not as sold on Kaprizov in the NHL as others but we'll see. As I said, it's hard to differentiate a lot of these kids.

Dobber Sports Stud

What can I tell you. I'm high on Denisenko and I like the supporting cast in Florida more than what I see in Minny. The Wild are almost expecting this kid to come in and be a god-send, where as Denisenko can come in and be a compliment to the studs they already own. His transition should be easier.

I could be overthinking it but I'm not as sold on Kaprizov in the NHL as others but we'll see. As I said, it's hard to differentiate a lot of these kids.
    Whereas I think with Denisenko there is a strong chance that he is going to heavily disappoint people. His stats at the MHL level and the KHL level are pedestrian and he plays a fast but free-wheeling big ice game that I think is really risky for NHL translation. Whereas KK’s stats are on a different level entirely and he is a hardworking silent assassin, gets to scoring locations of every kind and takes no time to get off his lethal shot. Also a great tipper of the puck. I think his game is very likely to translate and probably is even better suited to small ice.

Anyways I could understand having both of them in your top 4 if you think really highly of Denisenko but having Denisenko ahead of KK is overthinking it or overemphasizing draft position in my view. Thanks for elaborating though, I appreciate it.

Dobber Sports Deity

Whereas I think with Denisenko there is a strong chance that he is going to heavily disappoint people. His stats at the MHL level and the KHL level are pedestrian and he plays a fast but free-wheeling big ice game that I think is really risky for NHL translation. Whereas KK’s stats are on a different level entirely and he is a hardworking silent assassin, gets to scoring locations of every kind and takes no time to get off his lethal shot. Also a great tipper of the puck. I think his game is very likely to translate and probably is even better suited to small ice.

Anyways I could understand having both of them in your top 4 if you think really highly of Denisenko but having Denisenko ahead of KK is overthinking it or overemphasizing draft position in my view. Thanks for elaborating though, I appreciate it.
    I remember when everyone was excited about Tolvanen too.

Dobber Sports Stud

I remember when everyone was excited about Tolvanen too.
    But that has absolutely nothing to do with what we’re talking about. Prospects are prospects, some prove to be overhyped and don’t turn out, some prove to be underrated, some do turn out as hyped. We all know that.

Dobber Sports Deity

But that has absolutely nothing to do with what we’re talking about. Prospects are prospects, some prove to be overhyped and don’t turn out, some prove to be underrated, some do turn out as hyped. We all know that.
    As I've said, I am higher on those four more than Kaprizov. The OP can take that for what it's worth.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Kaprizov
    Zegras
    Cozens
    Caufield
    Newhook
    Podkolzin
    McMichael
    Kyrou
    Frost
    Hayton
    Tomasino
    Denisenko
    J. Robertson
    Tippett
    N. Robertson

Dobber Sports Rookie

To be fair, these guys for the most part, are the cream of the crop in up-and-coming prospects.
    This bunch does appear to be a list of likely studs. Interesting to see people's takes (significantly differing expectations for Denisenko is certainly something I've witnessed elsewhere) and curious if anyone else sees any tiers or "odd men out" when it comes to this listing.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I think it has everything to do with what we are talking about. The hype on KK is real, just as it was with Tolvanen. Maybe Axe doesn't let the hype get to him and he sees more in Denisenko than KK. Which he explained his reasons. Look at guys like Kyrou. Massive skill set, yet when's he really going to get the opportunity to show it off with how deep the Blues are? Kaprizov will no doubt have a chance off the hop, but maybe his game doesn't translate well in the NHL. Maybe Denisenko's does? Maybe Tippet turns out to be the best of the bunch. Maybe Caufield's scoring touch never follows him when he makes the Habs roster. It's all a guessing game and while other league stats look nice, nobody can say with an ounce of certainty that one guy will for sure be better than the next on this list.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov