Thread: Gostisbehere or Lee

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Gostisbehere or Lee

Multicat salary keeper league in signature.

I need D help, and have some "extra" forwards. I am looking at moving Lee, who had a "down" year. Any Dmen i should target to trade for him. One that comes to mind is Gostisbehere or Dumba. Really hesitant on Gostisbehere though. Opinions and or suggestions welcome. Cap relief from Lee contract would be a benefit as well.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Gostisbehere or Lee

Ryan Pulock.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Kessel's Hotdogs!!! View Post
    Ryan Pulock.
    Pulock is a great option.
    I like Dumba a lot more than Ghost.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I second this. In a multi cat league, Ghost isn't worth all that much while Lee is a sneaky good option. I'd certaily do Dumba and most likely Pulock though.

Other possible targets in a realistic range could be e.g. Provorov or Nurse.
    24 team H2H dynasty, fantasy points, no cap
    Skaters: G 4.5 (5 for Ds), A 3, PPG 1.5 (2 for Ds), PPA 1 (1.5 for Ds), SHP 2, Ft 2, HIT 0.6, BLK 0.6, SOG 0.3 (0.4 for Ds), FW 0.1, Tk 0.5 // Gv -0.3
    Goalies: W 3.5, SHO 5, SV 0.5, A 3 // GA -3, L -1.5
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 4BN, 4IR

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Hischier
    LW: B.Tkachuk, Ovechkin, Paul(C), Jankowski(C)
    LW/RW: Meier, Fiala, Giroux(C), Niederreiter
    RW: Reinhart, Anderson, Armia
    D: Josi, Matheson, Durzi, Moser, Cernak, Zadorov, Siegenthaler
    G: Daccord, Merzlikins, Vanecek, Pickard

44 minors; most noteables: A.Schmid, E.Andrae, M.Kesselring, S.Malinski, B.Pachal, L.Stanley, L.Bichsel, E.Soderblom,...

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I'd rather have Lee over Gostisbehere, and I say that as a Flyer fan. I don't think Lee's contract is bad enough to really need salary relief. He's right about the max I'd be willing to pay for that production, but it's not bad.

I do think Pulock, Dumba, Nurse, Provorov would all be decent gets for him - to touch on those others listed.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    I'd rather have Lee over Gostisbehere, and I say that as a Flyer fan. I don't think Lee's contract is bad enough to really need salary relief. He's right about the max I'd be willing to pay for that production, but it's not bad.

I do think Pulock, Dumba, Nurse, Provorov would all be decent gets for him - to touch on those others listed.
    Agree with Gamer regarding Lee's contract not being so bad and also with he and the rest who value Pulock and Dumba as good returns for Lee. Nurse and Prov are a teir below those 2 IMO. No way to Ghost for Lee.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Lee needs to net you a solid defender in multi-cat, Dumba is the only acceptable return out of names listed IMO.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Well, the trade ended up being the following:

MY:
    Anders Lee
    Evgeny Svechnikov
    Otto Leskinen
    2022 2nd Round Prospect Pick(estimated around pick 30-35)

for

THEIR:
    Matt Dumba
    Josh Mahura
    Nicolas Beaudin

Opinions?

Dobber Sports Jedi

I think you just murdered that deal.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I hope you meant that in a good way for me getting Dumba/Mahura/Beaudin. And didn't mean I "Got" murdered lol

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BlackhawksFan View Post
    I hope you meant that in a good way for me getting Dumba/Mahura/Beaudin. And didn't mean I "Got" murdered lol
    I think Lucafen insinuated that YOU were the murderer when he said "You just murdered" that deal.

Not so sure it was a manslaughtering deal but I think it could be argued that it was a decent one!

Dobber Sports Apprentice

It actually worked out well for both parties. I needed an offensive Dman with peripherals. My only decent dman was Theodore. He needed Goals and a winger. My minors was thin at Dman moreso than F, so, it addressed needs on both parties involved. If Dumba gets around 40pts and peripherals I am happy. A 40pt Dman is harder to find than a 60pt F imo. So, time will tell. Plus, being a Blackhawks fan I got Beaudin, who might be decent!

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I like the deal, but paused when I saw the name Svechnikov. If it was the other one, that would've been not good.

Both of you are happy with what you got, and it addressed needs, plus you got a prospect on your favorite team as the cherry on top. Well done.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.