Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 3rd pick, Prospect Draft

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default 3rd pick, Prospect Draft

Hello guys so I have the 3rd pick in my prospect draft.

The Categories for Skaters are:
    Goals
    Assists
    Power Play Points
    Penalty Minutes
    Shots on Goal
    Faceoff Wins
    Hits
    Blocks

And the goalie categories are:
    Wins
    Shutouts
    Save Percentage
    Saves

My goalies are: Vasi, Price and Ullmark. I was deciding between three players. Byfield, Kaprizov, and Sorokin. I was wondering if I should be taking Sorokin at 3 here. Price isn't a long term play and I'm not sure Ullmark is the starter for Buffalo long term. Thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks again.
    12 team deep keeper league, 17 main roster players, 5 prospect players, max 2 goalie keepers for the main roster. point breakdown goes as follows:
    Skaters:
    G is 4 points, 5.2 points for D goals. A is 2.5 points, 3.25 points for defense. 0.07 per FOW, 0.2 points for blocks, hits, and SOG 0.5 points for PIMS and +/-, 3 for SHG, 1.5 for SHA.
    Goalies:
    GS is 1.5 points, -1 for GA, 0.2 for SV, 4 for SHO, and 3 for W.
    Team:
    https://www.fantrax.com/fantasy/leag...gi/team/roster

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: 3rd pick, Prospect Draft

I'm taking Byfield. You can find a goalie in a few years when you need to replace Vas/Price, but for now it has to be BPA.

If you were a stacked team that could use a little bump for another championship, I could see taking the immediate value of Kaprizov, but I think Byfield is the play for you.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    I'm taking Byfield. You can find a goalie in a few years when you need to replace Vas/Price, but for now it has to be BPA.

If you were a stacked team that could use a little bump for another championship, I could see taking the immediate value of Kaprizov, but I think Byfield is the play for you.
    This is the first year of the league. Here is my team:
    Round 1: Vasi
    Round 2: Brady Tkachuk
    Round 3: Dylan Larkin
    Round 4: Bo Horvat and Tom Wilson
    Round 5: Rasmus Ristolainen
    Round 7: Darnell Nurse
    Round 8: Elias Lindholm
    Round 9: Carey Price
    Round 10: Brayden Schenn
    Round 11: Ryan Pulock
    Round 12: Oscar Klefbom
    Round 13: Boone Jenner
    Round 14: Blake Coleman
    Round 15: Vincent Trocheck
    Round 16: Oliver Bjorkstrand
    Round 17: Robert Thomas
    Round 18: Mark Borowiecki
    Round 19: Linus Ullmark
    Round 20: Noel Acciari

That is the team I drafted last week. Now, Do I still take Byfield? I love his upside. He may go 2nd though. Would I go with Kaprizov over Sorokin then if Byfield goes two? Thanks.
    12 team deep keeper league, 17 main roster players, 5 prospect players, max 2 goalie keepers for the main roster. point breakdown goes as follows:
    Skaters:
    G is 4 points, 5.2 points for D goals. A is 2.5 points, 3.25 points for defense. 0.07 per FOW, 0.2 points for blocks, hits, and SOG 0.5 points for PIMS and +/-, 3 for SHG, 1.5 for SHA.
    Goalies:
    Team:

Dobber Sports Apprentice

This is in Yahoo, so I expect Jenner to convert to C only. hopefully Schenn and Lindholm keep their wing/C eligbility.
    Skaters:
    Goalies:
    Team:

Dobber Sports Star

Because FOW is a category, I'm also going with Byfield.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    Because FOW is a category, I'm also going with Byfield.
    Alright. Let's say Byfield gets taken at 2. Do I take Kaprizov or consider Sorokin? Just making sure i'm making the best pick possible. Thanks
    Skaters:
    Goalies:
    Team:

Dobber Sports Titan

I'm taking Kaprizov.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Padawan

Kap for me, too.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Mike's Lemons View Post
    Kap for me, too.
    Do you guys think I can do well in the league? I wanted to get the peripherals categories on lock.
    Skaters:
    Goalies:
    Team:

The Great One

I think you are fine at goalie for quite awhile. I'd take Kaprizov over Sorokin.

When is your prospect draft? Just keep in mind that I'd feel a lot better about a Russian pick if they were signed to an NHL contract.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    I think you are fine at goalie for quite awhile. I'd take Kaprizov over Sorokin.

When is your prospect draft? Just keep in mind that I'd feel a lot better about a Russian pick if they were signed to an NHL contract.
    It's on Wednesday. I just moved up to the 8th pick. How far do you guys think Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen falls? I may be able to get Sorokin at 8
    Skaters:
    Goalies:
    Team:

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Kawee View Post
    It's on Wednesday. I just moved up to the 8th pick. How far do you guys think Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen falls? I may be able to get Sorokin at 8
    Impossible to say without knowing who else is available.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Impossible to say without knowing who else is available.
    Alright makes sense. If Sorokin does fall to 8 do I pass him up on a skater again? Or take him there?
    Skaters:
    Goalies:
    Team:

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Take the guy with the highest upside point wise. I think you focused too much on getting multicat player only. It always cost more to acquire G-A-PPP than other categories.

You are good with your G and periph for a couple seasons

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Rection View Post
    Take the guy with the highest upside point wise. I think you focused too much on getting multicat player only. It always cost more to acquire G-A-PPP than other categories.

You are good with your G and periph for a couple seasons
    So Byfield at 3 and another skater at 8 if I can?
    Skaters:
    Goalies:
    Team: