Thread: Annual "Do You Agree with my Keeper Selections" Thread

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Annual "Do You Agree with my Keeper Selections" Thread

League in sig. Team is aging. Keep 10. Following is a list of potential keepers, their positional eligibility, and fantasy points per game in 2019/20. Asterisked players are the players I'm leaning towards keeping.

Generally skaters in the mid-2 range are keepers on decent teams. Goalies tend to be keepers when they are above 4 per game.

Malkin, C, 4.13*
    Marchand, L, 4.00*
    Bergeron, C, 3.91*
    Carlson, D, 3.80*
    Ovechkin, L, 3.25*
    Fiala, L/R, 2.58*
    Pageau, C, 2.56
    Lindholm, R, 2.45*
    Marino, D, 2.17
    Kubalik, L/R, 2.15*
    Murphy, D, 2.06
    Iafallo, L, 2.03
    Atkinson, R, 1.94
    Barrie, D, 1.85*

Markstrom, G, 4.48
    Crawford, G, 3.69
    Bobrovsky, G, 3.56*

I also have Byfuglien who rode my IR all season but I don't have much hope that he will play again let alone be effective. The above asterisked players are who I'm going with barring any trades. I know my top five skaters are aging, but I doubt I'd receive fair value in any trade outside of maybe Carlson. I'm going with Lindholm, Fiala & Kubalik because they are younger and have promise. I'm banking on Barrie having a bounceback year with a new club. I'm also banking on Bobrovsky having a rebound season. If anyone has any advice to share, it is greatly appreciated!

10th year Keeper League, Fantrax

14 teams, H2H, keep 10, daily starts
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PIM (0.1), PPP (1), FOW (0.1), FOL (-0.1), BLK (0.5), HAT (3), W (5), SO (3), SV (0.1), GA (-0.5)

C (3) - Schmaltz (LW, RW), Mercer (RW), Norris (IR), Domi (LW), T. Johnson (RW), Nosek (LW)
    LW (3) - Keller (RW), Hagel, McCann (C), Zacha (LW), Kubalik (RW), N. Foligno (IR)
    RW (3) - Fiala (LW), Vilardi (C), Ehlers (LW), Kakko
    D (4) - Theodore, Orlov, Grzelcyk, T. van Riemsdyk, Clifton, Skjei, Weegar
    Util (1)
    G (1) - Montembault, Allen, Halak

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Annual "Do You Agree with my Keeper Selections" Thread

I think they look good, though I'd consider Markstrom if he ends up in a good spot. Maybe instead of Barrie? For both of those two, it depends where they sign. I like all your other choices.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I like Markstrom over a number of your other choices. Can you keep 2 goalies?
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I can keep as many goalies as I like, but generally goalies are a little undervalued in our league given that you can only play one per night. It's usually keep a stud and roll with whatever else you can grab. Then again, keeping Bobrovsky as well as Markstrom might not be a bad plan.

10th year Keeper League, Fantrax

14 teams, H2H, keep 10, daily starts
    G (3), A (2), +/- (1), PIM (0.1), PPP (1), FOW (0.1), FOL (-0.1), BLK (0.5), HAT (3), W (5), SO (3), SV (0.1), GA (-0.5)

C (3) - Schmaltz (LW, RW), Mercer (RW), Norris (IR), Domi (LW), T. Johnson (RW), Nosek (LW)
    LW (3) - Keller (RW), Hagel, McCann (C), Zacha (LW), Kubalik (RW), N. Foligno (IR)
    RW (3) - Fiala (LW), Vilardi (C), Ehlers (LW), Kakko
    D (4) - Theodore, Orlov, Grzelcyk, T. van Riemsdyk, Clifton, Skjei, Weegar
    Util (1)
    G (1) - Montembault, Allen, Halak

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by The Guvnah View Post
    I can keep as many goalies as I like, but generally goalies are a little undervalued in our league given that you can only play one per night. It's usually keep a stud and roll with whatever else you can grab. Then again, keeping Bobrovsky as well as Markstrom might not be a bad plan.
    My specific thought is that you have some questionable keepers further down your keeper list, and with a higher likelihood of tandem goaltending next season, I think I'd look to have 2 guys, so I can be more certain about matchups.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I would be inclined to keep Markstrom
    Also I trade Barrie. Use his name value and being a bounce back candidate to aquire a pick.
    Give some serious thought to Marino. He performed well and is only going to get better, more so as Letang ages and injuries rule him out of games.

Dobber Sports Deity

I'd also keep Markstrom over Barrie. Sure, you only start one, but you're banking on a bounceback from Bobrovsky. I'd buy myself some security with Markstrom in case that bounceback doesnt happen.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."