Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: NHL 1 Per Team Draft - Discussion

Big Daddy

Default Re: NHL 1 Per Team Draft - Discussion

Excellent. I'd be in for both drafts if you liked my idea enough.
    PAT QUINN MEMORIAL CUP
    Clouds of Blood
    12 Team Head-to-Head
    G-A-PPP-SOG-FW-HIT-BLK / W-GAA-SV%-SV
    24 Man Roster
    Keep: 6 Forwards, 4 Defencemen, 1 Goaltender & 1 Prospect
    Keepers:
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Aho
    LW - Panarin
    RW - Pastrnak
    D - Hedman, Hamilton, Doughty, Burns
    G - Markström
    P - Cayden Primeau

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by DusterDave View Post
    Excellent. I'd be in for both drafts if you liked my idea enough.
    Yes I really like your idea. I really like both ideas.

I am not sure about running two drafts at the same time... hopefully we can get this one finished quick...

Then get through both of those ideas... then that could bring us to the play-in draft time!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Big Daddy

Yeah, I thought the same thing. Pick one format and go with it and then hopefully we have time to do the second idea but the actual NHL play-in/play-offs draft will be priority.
    PAT QUINN MEMORIAL CUP
    Clouds of Blood
    12 Team Head-to-Head
    G-A-PPP-SOG-FW-HIT-BLK / W-GAA-SV%-SV
    24 Man Roster
    Keep: 6 Forwards, 4 Defencemen, 1 Goaltender & 1 Prospect
    Keepers:
    C - McDavid, Matthews, Aho
    LW - Panarin
    RW - Pastrnak
    D - Hedman, Hamilton, Doughty, Burns
    G - Markström
    P - Cayden Primeau

Count me in please!! Great idea Duster Dave!!
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
    Lindros was great value as he was the most dominant player when he was at his peak in Philly.. I still like the pick!! HaHa
    He's not the best Flyer of all time. He's actually not close. That's a "Go back to NYC, you Rangers fan!" sort of opinion, unless you were basically a kid at the time he was playing or shortly after. Actually a really bad deal for the Flyers, in hindsight. I wasn't in love with it when it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Yes the Bobby Clarke pick was the best pick of the draft so far right?
    I wouldn't go that far. There were some really savvy picks overall. And he wouldn't have been my selection there given your options, seeing everyone who went after and who is still left. Solid pick though, way, way better than Lindros.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Yes the Bobby Clarke pick was the best pick of the draft so far right?
    Lindros was great value as he was the most dominant player when he was at his peak in Philly.. I still like the pick!! HaHa
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Brad View Post
    Draft - Discussion

Nice pick Dr. Brad.. But I wanted Ted Lindsay(Detroit) over Datsyuk!! The other Red Wings taken so far are Howe, Lidstrom, Yzerman, Fedorov, and Lindsay.. I would definitely rank them all over Datsyuk, even though he was very special in his own right!!

sooo..... My plan was to pick either Lindsay (who I had in our all-time draft) or Datsyuk - was waiting for one to be chosen, then choose the other. And I agree - only one of them has an award named for him
    This is some excellent strategizing, by the way.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

If you guys decide to do another draft of some sort, shoot me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stevegamer View Post
    He's not the best Flyer of all time. He's actually not close. That's a "Go back to NYC, you Rangers fan!" sort of opinion, unless you were basically a kid at the time he was playing or shortly after. Actually a really bad deal for the Flyers, in hindsight. I wasn't in love with it when it happened.

I wouldn't go that far. There were some really savvy picks overall. And he wouldn't have been my selection there given your options, seeing everyone who went after and who is still left. Solid pick though, way, way better than Lindros.
    Each to their own I guess.. During the time Lindros played for the Flyers, he was definitely the most productive Philadelphia Flyer ever.. 659 points in 486 games is dominant!! Yes he had his linemates(LOD line), but the years Leclair didn't have Lindros on the ice with him, his highest point totals were 55 points.. You clearly hate Lindros and the whole trade, I for the record wouldn't have traded all that for Lindros.. But 659 points in 486 games is enough for me to say he is the most dominant Flyer of all time in my opinion.. Parent and Clarke were definitely valuable and helped win them some cups.. But Lindros had nobody even close to Parent's ability in goal when he was in Philly!!

Each to their own I guess.. During the time Lindros played for the Flyers, he was definitely the most productive Philadelphia Flyer ever.. 659 points in 486 games is dominant!! Yes he had his linemates(LOD line), but the years Leclair didn't have Lindros on the ice with him, his highest point totals were 55 points.. You clearly hate Lindros and the whole trade, I for the record wouldn't have traded all that for Lindros.. But 659 points in 486 games is enough for me to say he is the most dominant Flyer of all time in my opinion.. Parent and Clarke were definitely valuable and helped win them some cups.. But Lindros had nobody even close to Parent's ability in goal when he was in Philly!!
    I don't hate Lindros. He does lead in points per game, but he was playing in offensive era, and did get hurt. He's just not nearly as valuable as other guys were. Thanks for telling me what I think, though.

Dobber Sports Guru

I don't hate Lindros. He does lead in points per game, but he was playing in offensive era, and did get hurt. He's just not nearly as valuable as other guys were. Thanks for telling me what I think, though.
    Lindros most certainly did not play during an offensive era. Heplayed throughout the dead puck era, when scoring was down significantly thanks to the neutral zone trap.

Hey Steve, I am just giving my opinion. I am not at all telling you what to think. We are just trying to have fun here. You actually attacked my opinion, so I was just trying to show you my thinking process. I'm sorry if I offended you in anyway by drafting Lindros. We can have our own opinions, I definitely have accepted that!!

It looks like everyone hates the Canadiens... 4 of the top 6 on my list have been drafted to other teams...

The Great One

It looks like everyone hates the Canadiens... 4 of the top 6 on my list have been drafted to other teams...
    That's probably my fault. The Federov pick.

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    That's probably my fault. The Federov pick.
    That opened the flood gates!!

Dobber Sports Guru

Or look at it the other way. Everyone loves the Canadiens so much that they are drafting some of the players on other teams to try to get as many Habs on their roster as possible.

Writer of the weekly Top 10 column.

12-team Keeper pool, straight points for forwards & dmen. Goalies get: 2 points per win, 3 per shutout, 1 point per assist & 1 point per shootout loss.

League champ in 2013, 2015, 2018, 2020 and 2022.

Top 8 forwards, 5 dmen and 2 goalies count.

We keep 15 players (any position) plus two rookies.

Forwards: Panarin, Ovechkin, Kopitar, Stamkos, Tuch, Rust, Marchessault, Pavelski, Miller, Bertuzzi, Stone, Kakko, Brown, Stankoven, Kovalenko
    Defence: Hedman, Fox, Matheson, Thrun, Jiricek
    Goalies: Kochetkov, Talbot, Vasilevskiy, Campbell, Schmid