Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Stutzle or Rossi?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Stutzle or Rossi?

I was just wondering which one you guys would prefer. I love Rossi as a player but Stutzle may have a higher ceiling in Fantasy. Thanks for the responses!
    12 team deep keeper league, 17 main roster players, 5 prospect players, max 2 goalie keepers for the main roster. point breakdown goes as follows:
    Skaters:
    G is 4 points, 5.2 points for D goals. A is 2.5 points, 3.25 points for defense. 0.07 per FOW, 0.2 points for blocks, hits, and SOG 0.5 points for PIMS and +/-, 3 for SHG, 1.5 for SHA.
    Goalies:
    GS is 1.5 points, -1 for GA, 0.2 for SV, 4 for SHO, and 3 for W.
    Team:
    https://www.fantrax.com/fantasy/leag...gi/team/roster

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Stutzle or Rossi?

My preference is Stutzle.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    My preference is Stutzle.
    could you give some reasoning why? I like both but i'm deciding which to pick
    12 team deep keeper league, 17 main roster players, 5 prospect players, max 2 goalie keepers for the main roster. point breakdown goes as follows:
    Skaters:
    G is 4 points, 5.2 points for D goals. A is 2.5 points, 3.25 points for defense. 0.07 per FOW, 0.2 points for blocks, hits, and SOG 0.5 points for PIMS and +/-, 3 for SHG, 1.5 for SHA.
    Goalies:
    Team:

Dobber Sports Padawan

Honestly if you love Rossi so much, pick him. I don't think the ceiling is much different between him and Stutzle. I believe you win with either pick.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Goalies: Gustavsson,Schmid,Vejmekla
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Mike's Lemons View Post
    Honestly if you love Rossi so much, pick him. I don't think the ceiling is much different between him and Stutzle. I believe you win with either pick.
    I agree here.

It's hard for me to give exact reasonings why I prefer one guy over the other. I am not a scout and my preferences is based on what I've read from others who know a lot more about these kids than I do. I dont think you will go wrong with either kid. The one thing I read about Stutzle (and I cant remember where it was right now) is he looks like the 2nd coming of Patty Kane. That says a lot if someone is willing to compare him that closely to Kane.

None of us truly know who the right guy is here because none of us have a crystal ball but I just really like what I've read about Stutzle. He's my #3 on my current draft rankings.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I agree here.

It's hard for me to give exact reasonings why I prefer one guy over the other. I am not a scout and my preferences is based on what I've read from others who know a lot more about these kids than I do. I dont think you will go wrong with either kid. The one thing I read about Stutzle (and I cant remember where it was right now) is he looks like the 2nd coming of Patty Kane. That says a lot if someone is willing to compare him that closely to Kane.
    None of us truly know who the right guy is here because none of us have a crystal ball but I just really like what I've read about Stutzle. He's my #3 on my current draft rankings.
    Good point, Axe and Mike. I think i'm inclined to pick Stutzle, as he almost put up a point per game in a Men's league along with his playmaking and elite wrist shot. Hopefully him and Byfield can come over year one and do pretty well!
    Skaters:
    Goalies:
    Team:

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Kawee View Post
    Good point, Axe and Mike. I think i'm inclined to pick Stutzle, as he almost put up a point per game in a Men's league along with his playmaking and elite wrist shot. Hopefully him and Byfield can come over year one and do pretty well!
    Be cautious with your expectations of Byfield hopefully playing in the NHL his first year. If I'm drafting him, I'm going to assume he may spend one more year in juniors. Based off what some have said, he will be a star at some point but may need one more season to develop.
    Points only keeper. 12 Teams. No pos requirements. 18 skaters / 3 goalies (2 count for points.) G/A = 1 point each (includes goalies) Goalies = 1.5 for W / 4.5 for SO. Minors - 4 year protection. Prospects added during their draft year only. Undrafted = waivers.
    Skaters: Tolvanen,Jeannot,Drysdale,Benson,Sprong,Fantilli,H .Lindholm,T. Raddysh,K. Miller,Edvinsson,Roslovic,Sharangovich,McBain,Benn ett,Crouse, Luostarinen,Dube,Phillips
    Minors: F.Pinelli,Beckman,Cossa,Nikkanen,Tieksola,Pashin,M cMichael,Konovalov,Svechkov,K.Johnson,Moore,Crista ll,Heidt,Ziemmer,Perron,Nadeau,Gulyayev,Wahlberg, Suniev,Tomasino,Khusnutdinov

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Be cautious with your expectations of Byfield hopefully playing in the NHL his first year. If I'm drafting him, I'm going to assume he may spend one more year in juniors. Based off what some have said, he will be a star at some point but may need one more season to develop.
    good point, but I think if he lands with Ottawa for example, he should crack the team. How about Stutzle? I think playing in the DEL, a Men's league can only help him crack the NHL team next year.
    Skaters:
    Goalies:
    Team:

Dobber Sports Jedi

I think this is where size can actually plays a part in decisions.

Stutzle at 5'11 is safer to select than 5'7 Rossi. As talented as Rossi is - being that small will present extra challenges

It's by no means a write off of Rossi - and I'm not. But there's less of a swing and miss concern with a top 4 pick in taking Stutzle.

I think NHL GM's will agree and we'll see Rossi slide to lower end of the top 10, if not face Caufield's fate.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Superstar

Byfield is def going back one year, he is still raw.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:
    D:
    G:

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FOW(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SO(4)

C: Zibanejad,
    Trocheck,Kempe
    L: Draisaitl,Forsberg
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shesterkin,Kotchetkov

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

If he slides that far it will be great for my fantasy chances

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by LuigiC173 View Post
    Byfield is def going back one year, he is still raw.
    alright. My league doesn't have any prospect rosters or NA spots. I'm still taking both, as my team which in my signature is built for the future. That's why at 3 and 4, I expect Byfield and Stutzle to be available.
    Skaters:
    Goalies:
    Team:

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Kawee View Post
    alright. My league doesn't have any prospect rosters or NA spots. I'm still taking both, as my team which in my signature is built for the future. That's why at 3 and 4, I expect Byfield and Stutzle to be available.
    If you're in a position where you can afford to draft both, that's a MASSIVE win for you. Byfield is a must, the other is icing on the cake.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

If you're in a position where you can afford to draft both, that's a MASSIVE win for you. Byfield is a must, the other is icing on the cake.
    yep. At 3, Byfield is a lock while 4 is between Stutzle and Rossi and possibly Kaprizov. I'm trying to put some smokescreens out there, to make sure I get Byfield.
    Skaters:
    Goalies:
    Team:

Dobber Sports Grand Master

If I were you, I'd think about offering to move down from 4 to 5-6 if you are truly undecided who to take, and to try to use that to clean out your dead weight (Lindell, Quick) or get some other small upgrade.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.