Page 84 of 132 FirstFirst ... 34 74 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 94 ... LastLast
Results 1,246 to 1,260 of 1979

Thread: The Coronavirus Pandemic

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: The Coronavirus Pandemic

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post
    What does Trump have to do with it? I am not saying we shouldn't care about American lives but I am more concerned with where Iand my family live.

You can put America first if you want but I am more concerned with my own house.
    Trudeau doesn't deal with matters such as this in the media.

He wouldn't attack Trump over cutting off 3M supplies. Instead he turned off the microphone and spoke to those he needed to. End result was ______.

I voted NDP for what it matters. That said, I find it kind of refreshing to have a politician that doesn't engage in media accusations and banter. Whether he turns our right or wrong in his stance on China/Who - that remains to be seen.

Attacking politics frustrates me to no end. Non-committal comments from a press conference is not the be-all-end-all.

Political decisions should NOT be made in the media. They should be made - then announced to the media.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post
    Wow, that's what you call a battle, huh? Ok man, you keep fighting the good fight. I guess I'll keep wasting time on facts...

I'm a recovered alcoholic btw (just passed 21 years without a drop), so liquor (or any hard drug for that matter) would not be a very good idea right now.

But hey, you fight for what you feel is important.
    Perhaps a Kombucha then. (have a drink is a common response from a Canadian). No offense was meant. I'm not privy to your personal life history afterall.

I am keeping up the good fight... just not as overt or as aggressively as you (the majority of your posts come across angry - and they're rarely directed my way - is what I mean).

We all have our own battles and fights. I choose to move forward differently than you in dealing with them.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Just to be clear, the WHO may oe may not have lied for China, or they may or may not have knowingly used faulty information provided to them by China, and China may or may not have deliberately lied about the virus, but the only timeline for lying about it that anyone can successfully source is less than a week, but when other leaders downplayed the seriousness of the virus (even after China made it very clear how serious it was) they didn't lie it was still China's fault, and that the virus has spread so much is still China's fault even though there are still states that haven't issued stay at home orders, and when Trump talks in circles and says nothing it's ok, but when Trudeau does it its bad, and when Trump dodges questions and doesn't answer them it's good but when other politicians do it its bad, oh and also Canada should be starting an economic war with China (that they absolutely definitely will win) to hold them accountable for reasons, oh and also Trump should both be praised and apologize for his initial and current handling of the pandemic, and we should be overly discriminatory to China because they're discriminatory towards black people?

Did I forget anything? Just trying to get all these different conspiracies and angles and rules correct.

EDIT: Apparently I did forgot one. Instead of being actual leaders and doing their jobs, politicians should play games in the media

EDIT2: Finding productive ways to pass time at home is not a good way to do your part in getting back to normal

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Just to be clear, the WHO may oe may not have lied for China, or they may or may not have knowingly used faulty information provided to them by China, and China may or may not have deliberately lied about the virus, but the only timeline for lying about it that anyone can successfully source is less than a week, but when other leaders downplayed the seriousness of the virus (even after China made it very clear how serious it was) they didn't lie it was still China's fault, and that the virus has spread so much is still China's fault even though there are still states that haven't issued stay at home orders, and when Trump talks in circles and says nothing it's ok, but when Trudeau does it its bad, and when Trump dodges questions and doesn't answer them it's good but when other politicians do it its bad, oh and also Canada should be starting an economic war with China (that they absolutely definitely will win) to hold them accountable for reasons, oh and also Trump should both be praised and apologize for his initial and current handling of the pandemic, and we should be overly discriminatory to China because they're discriminatory towards black people?

Did I forget anything? Just trying to get all these different conspiracies and angles and rules correct.
    One... watching '85 cup final is NOT a good way to pass time or fight the fight of staying at home.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Even Bill Maher, as far left as they come, understands that discrimination has nothing to do with assigning accountability for this pandemic.
    It's really something to behold - to watch the very seem people who hate Trump, and blame him for everything, go way out of their way to defend China.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Fake news

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    Even Bill Maher, as far left as they come, understands that discrimination has nothing to do with assigning accountability for this pandemic.
    It's really something to behold - to watch the very seem people who hate Trump, and blame him for everything, go way out of their way to defend China.
    Who's saying it's discrimination? I don't think anybody here is claiming that blaming China is discriminatory - they're saying it's simply not the time to play the blame game. Focus on the solution, not the deflection of responsibility. Is that why you think we're sick of hearing Trump blame China? Because it's racist?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    Who's saying it's discrimination? I don't think anybody here is claiming that blaming China is discriminatory - they're saying it's simply not the time to play the blame game. Focus on the solution, not the deflection of responsibility. Is that why you think we're sick of hearing Trump blame China? Because it's racist?
    For real? It was like 3 posts ago. lol

" and we should be overly discriminatory to China because they're discriminatory towards black people "

Dobber Sports Jedi

fake news

Dobber Sports Star

Also, it's funny how in defending the naming of viruses based on where they originate, he mentions the Spanish Flu. Which most likely did NOT originate in Spain. It's called the Spanish Flu as a result of ignorance-based, premature finger-pointing.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Also, it's funny how in defending the naming of viruses based on where they originate, he mentions the Spanish Flu. Which most likely did NOT originate in Spain.
    Ignore... it's a right wing hoax

Dobber Sports Star

For real? It was like 3 posts ago. lol

" and we should be overly discriminatory to China because they're discriminatory towards black people "
    Sorry I can't keep up with the 11 people you've been simultaneously arguing with for 1200+ posts.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Also, it's funny how in defending the naming of viruses based on where they originate, he mentions the Spanish Flu. Which most likely did NOT originate in Spain. It's called the Spanish Flu as a result of ignorance-based, premature finger-pointing.
    True, but it's also funny that one would pick out that one error, even though he cited multiple examples.

Dobber Sports Padawan

I don't know about you, but with a couple of exceptions, I see a lot of positives and hope in these charts.
    Most countries have either leveled off or are falling in daily cases. Interestingly, the duration, if you imagine a bell shape for every region, is remarkably similar for most (as alluded to by that statistician from Israel). The only major difference is for those who started earlier than others.

LevelledOffOrFalling.jpg

Dobber Sports Jedi

Russia's just entering the hell-storm.

China's starting to see a rise in cases. After being as low as 103 in a day... up over 350 today.. They show 1290 new deaths.. but I think a large portion of those are due to the correction made to unaccounted for deaths previously.