Page 82 of 132 FirstFirst ... 32 72 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 92 ... LastLast
Results 1,216 to 1,230 of 1979

Thread: The Coronavirus Pandemic

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: The Coronavirus Pandemic

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    I don't think this one's about ego. It's an advertisement for reelection: Label the handouts as Trump dollars, get more votes. It's actually pretty smart, but very gross and possibly illegal.
    "I am sure the people will be happy to receive a big fat beautiful cheque with my name on it"

If it is not illegal to use distribution of taxpayer money, in a crisis situation no less, as personal promotion it should be. It is certainly unethical.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    So... should Trump be praised for his early response?

Or apologize?

Because you're saying both.

It can't be both.

You either did well... or you didn't.

It's Trump-speak. Argue both sides so later on you can say you were right.
    ^ Viewing things this way is called pure blind partisanship. You're incapable of seeing anything good that the President does.

One can easily say that he should have apologized for early remarks and also acknowledge the good things he's done.
    It most certainly can be both.
    To see people arguing against that notion is, well, a little odd.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    ^ Viewing things this way is called pure blind partisanship. You're incapable of seeing anything good that the President does.

One can easily say that he should have apologized for early remarks and also acknowledge the good things he's done.
    It most certainly can be both.
    To see people arguing against that notion is, well, a little odd.
    You weren't talking about words or statements the Trump made. You were talking about his actual response to the pandemic. In terms of what he did/had done/should have done.

Save the rhetoric & political spin on words.

You're talking out both sides of your mouth. "Enough"
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Padawan

And by the way, "Trump-speak" would only be pointing out his positives. Trump never points out "both sides" - I assume because of ego/stubbornness.

Again, bi-partisans are able to admit these faults of his and yet still acknowledge the good things he has done during this pandemic. There are plenty of good things he has done. More than most.
    It hasn't been "perfect" which is a word he likes to use so often, but he's done pretty, pretty good overall.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Trump doesn't point out both sides. He literally switches sides.

"We have it totally under control." "It's one person from China" "It's not a big deal"

"I always knew it was a pandemic"

You must not have read 1984. I refer to Trump-Speak as his version of Double-Speak -- because he does the same thing as the Ministry of Truth does.

"I don't like ham" -- a week later -- "I never said I don't like ham. I've always liked ham. You're fake news"

Dobber Sports Star

"I don't like ham" -- a week later -- "I never said I don't like ham. I've always liked ham. You're fake news"
    This is one of the most frustrating things about him. He's somehow able to steer things the way he wants them through repetition and sheer force of will.

I think you're misquoting him about the pandemic though. Don't give them any more reasons to cry "fake news".

Dobber Sports Jedi

This is one of the most frustrating things about him. He's somehow able to steer things the way he wants them through repetition and sheer force of will.

I think you're misquoting him about the pandemic though. Don't give them any more reasons to cry "fake news".
    No... those are exact quotes from early on in Jan/Feb from Trump on the pandemic.

Dobber Sports Star

No... those are exact quotes from early on in Jan/Feb from Trump on the pandemic.
    He said "I always knew it was a pandemic"? I thought it was "I’ve felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic", but you could definitely be right. My bad.

Dobber Sports Padawan

What he actually said was "I’ve felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic."
    That's quite different from you claiming he said "I always knew it was a pandemic."

I don't remember him saying the ham thing.
    That's pretty funny though if he did say it.

Dobber Sports Padawan

“I’ve always known this is a real—this is a pandemic. I felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic” - to be exact

Dobber Sports Jedi

He said "I always knew it was a pandemic"? I thought it was "I’ve felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic", but you could definitely be right. My bad.
    You're def. not wrong as he did say what you're saying. I could be wrong.. but I think we're arguing semantics while basically in agreement on premise

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    What he actually said was "I’ve felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic."
    That's quite different from you claiming he said "I always knew it was a pandemic."

I don't remember him saying the ham thing.
    That's pretty funny though if he did say it.
    He did not say the ham thing.
    I created that example to demonstrate the meaning of Double-Speak/Trump-Speak.

Dobber Sports Icon

12 Team Dynasty, H2H (points)
    Dress 2C, 4W, 1F, 4D, 1G (Daily)
    G (3), A (2), STP (1), SHOG (1), +/- (0.5), SOG (0.2), Hits (0.2), Blk (0.2), FOW (0.1); W (5), SO (2), Sv (0.2), GA (-1)

C - Draisaitl (W), Hughes, Larkin, Trochek
    W - T.Thompson (C), Pastrnak, Reinhart, Batherson, Nichushkin, Duchene (C), Zuccarello
    D - Dahlin, Theodore, Bouchard, Faber, Werenski, Skjei
    G - Jarry, Gustavsson, Montembault
    Fm - Bordeleau, Barlow, Lucius, G.Perreault, Luneau, Perunovich, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Ninja

I cannot comprehend why you guys keep trying? You will NEVER convince each other. Maybe it's for fun though?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post

Stuff like this is such classic Trudeau:

Trudeau came closer to acknowledging some of the criticisms of China and the WHO, saying “there have been questions asked” about the organization, “but at the same time it is really important that we stay coordinated as we move through this.”

He literally says nothing there.
    Just another polished politician who has been trained on how to speak without actually saying anything valuable. And people gush over him anyway. Remarkable.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I cannot comprehend why you guys keep trying? You will NEVER convince each other. Maybe it's for fun though?
    Fluff Cup my friend... It's the only thread that puts me ahead.

Once the Cup is done.. I won't bother with the click-bait comments