Page 71 of 132 FirstFirst ... 21 61 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 81 121 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,065 of 1979

Thread: The Coronavirus Pandemic

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: The Coronavirus Pandemic

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    You cannot "prove" something didn't happen, you can only prove something did happen.
    True. Except I'm not doing that.
    I'm giving you the REST of the world. Anywhere.
    Your pick of where it DID happen.
    Go.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Seriously, how utterly tone deaf are the whole lot of Canadian leadership.

https://www.ctvnews.ca/politics/faci...ions-1.4895584

Scheer: ""We took great steps to ensure that we minimized our interactions with each other, my wife brought wipes along with her, we made sure that we were not speaking moistly on each other, we kept our distance, we kept to ourselves, and we made that decision based on the alternatives," he explained."

Oh how nice. They brought wipes!!

Re: Trudeau's travel.

The residence is located a 30-minute drive from downtown Ottawa in the province of Quebec. Quebec police have sought to limit non-essential travel between Ottawa and Gatineau, and some motorists have found themselves turned away when they attempt to cross the provincial border.

They are turning people away at the border but Trudeau gets a free pass.

Elizabeth May: "I don't think anybody's had a day off in a long time, and to take Easter Sunday and Easter Monday to be somewhere to be with family and to have some downtime…I’m surprised there'd be blowback at that. I think that's unfortunate,"

You're surprised ELizabeth? Did you try asking the grocery store worker who is exposed every single day to people coughing and spitting all over them? Are you surprised that the health worker who is working massive overtime and has to be isolated from their family and sleep in a separate bedroom so that they don't have to worry about infecting them, might not think so highly about this? Are you that completely and utterly daft?

These people are morons. The whole lot of them. I'm done following their bloody rules.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post

Scheer: ""We took great steps to ensure that we minimized our interactions with each other, my wife brought wipes along with her, we made sure that we were not speaking moistly on each other, we kept our distance, we kept to ourselves, and we made that decision based on the alternatives," he explained."

The residence is located a 30-minute drive from downtown Ottawa in the province of Quebec. Quebec police have sought to limit non-essential travel between Ottawa and Gatineau, and some motorists have found themselves turned away when they attempt to cross the provincial border.

Elizabeth May: "I don't think anybody's had a day off in a long time, and to take Easter Sunday and Easter Monday to be somewhere to be with family and to have some downtime…I’m surprised there'd be blowback at that. I think that's unfortunate,"

You're surprised ELizabeth? Did you try asking the grocery store worker who is exposed every single day to people coughing and spitting all over them? Are you surprised that the health worker who is working massive overtime and has to be isolated from their family and sleep in a separate bedroom so that they don't have to worry about infecting them, might not think so highly about this? Are you that completely and utterly daft?

These people are morons. The whole lot of them. I'm done following their bloody rules.
    By deductive reasoning... would this not make you a moron too?
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    By deductive reasoning... would this not make you a moron too?
    My issue is not with the rules. My issue is with asking everyone BUT them to follow them. If they won't, then why should I shut down my own life as well. It's asinine to suggest I should. Fool me once, shame on you, but fool me twice...

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    True. Except I'm not doing that.
    I'm giving you the REST of the world. Anywhere.
    Your pick of where it DID happen.
    Go.
    Alright. I choose space. Since nobody anywhere can prove where it originated, space is a likely as any other alternative.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

You cannot "prove" something didn't happen, you can only prove something did happen. .
    I did a scientific experiment and I was able to prove something didn't happen.

Without going through the whole experiment, I was able to prove that the egg I left sitting on the counter Did Not fall off the counter and break...

And its funny how the tides have turned... because I am pretty sure there was previous discussion where I was told that the onus was on me to prove something did not happen.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

We finally agree on something! Except I am still going to follow their rules cause I don't believe that I am bigger than the law! Trudeau made social distancing a choice when he decided to do this rather than instruction.

Monkey see... monkey do..

I am glad I am not a monkey and will continue to do what is instructed of us...even if the PM cannot follow it himself.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Padawan

Alright. I choose space. Since nobody anywhere can prove where it originated, space is a likely as any other alternative.
    Fair enough.

I guess the doctors in Wuhan were just spreading gossip regarding Chinese authorities suppressing information about the outbreak.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...st-authorities

Anyway, glad I came here today. Enlightening. I wonder if SARS came from space too.

Dobber Sports Jedi

My issue is not with the rules. My issue is with asking everyone BUT them to follow them. If they won't, then why should I shut down my own life as well. It's asinine to suggest I should. Fool me once, shame on you, but fool me twice...
    Glad you took my comment as intended and not a direct insult

Really, I blame two people.

1. Trudeau for direct failure to follow his own direct requests. Very hypocritical.
    2. Scheer. When May and Qualtrough boarded the plane (Van & Vic separately - they believed only Scheer would be boarding in Cgy - leaving six empty seats. Allowing social distancing for the flight. However - They arrive in Calgary and see The Scheer volleyball team and need to make a decision. Get off here and take a public flight? Or deal with Scheer's family and limit widespread exposure.

There's no reason Scheer needed to bring his family to Ott. He made a poor personal choice at this risk to colleagues and forced them into a decision they thought they had just avoided.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Glad you took my comment as intended and not a direct insult

Really, I blame two people.

1. Trudeau for direct failure to follow his own direct requests. Very hypocritical.
    2. Scheer. When May and Qualtrough boarded the plane (Van & Vic separately - they believed only Scheer would be boarding in Cgy - leaving six empty seats. Allowing social distancing for the flight. However - They arrive in Calgary and see The Scheer volleyball team and need to make a decision. Get off here and take a public flight? Or deal with Scheer's family and limit widespread exposure.

There's no reason Scheer needed to bring his family to Ott. He made a poor personal choice at this risk to colleagues and forced them into a decision they thought they had just avoided.
    Yes, she was in a tough spot.

But her responses now are the worst out of the entire group.

These guys are all clueless.

Administrator

It's not a new thing for the rules to not apply to the upper class

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    It's not a new thing for the rules to not apply to the upper class
    Owning slaves has been around since the dawn of time as well, but I also tend to get a little angry at that as well.

Dobber Sports Ace

IMO it is very reasonable to criticize the actions of Canada's political leaders but not so reasonable to use that as an excuse to ignore public health advice and put the lives of others at risk.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by GretzkysMullet View Post
    IMO it is very reasonable to criticize the actions of Canada's political leaders but not so reasonable to use that as an excuse to ignore public health advice and put the lives of others at risk.
    Fair enough. Enjoy your lockdown. I'm going to enjoy the mountains.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Fair enough. Enjoy your lockdown. I'm going to enjoy the mountains.
    That's my kind of isolation... can I join you?

(see what I did there?)