Page 7 of 132 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 17 57 107 ... LastLast

Thread: The Coronavirus Pandemic

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: The Trump Presidency is Over/The Coronavirus Debacle

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    What's worse is that 30-40% of the USA is made up of that subset.
    I would argue that the percentage is higher than that. Maybe 30-40 percent on one side. And another 30-40 percent in the other side. Totalling 60-80 percent total.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    And you, my friend, should get a thicker set. Literally 5 or 6 posts ago, in this very thread, I said Trump should have apologized for his initial response to this thing.
    That is CLEARLY "seeing wrong" in something Trump did.

So, congratulations for having no mirrors in your glass house. Cheers.
    My "set" is pretty thick. LOL!

I do appreciate the concern none the less.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    You, my friend, are proof that pro-republican/anti-democrat (no matter how you want to slice it) see no wrong in Trump. The man can do no wrong in your eyes; literally nothing. You are blinded by the partisan politics and aren't willing to concede that everyone has flaws and can make mistakes, especially Donald Trump. You will argue your side no matter the proof placed in front of you.

Congratulations. You win the internet!
    This is the exact same way on the other side, if not worse. Trump cannot do any good if your left leaning. The things that really irks people on the right, at least myself is less to do with the policies they enforce or advocate (some which I agree on). It's how self righteous liberals/democrats are. Pop culture has portrayed self righteous people in movies for years as characters to be loathed. There dam near like a walking hyperbole.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    This is the exact same way on the other side, if not worse. Trump cannot do any good if your left leaning. The things that really irks people on the right, at least myself is less to do with the policies they enforce or advocate (some which I agree on). It's how self righteous liberals/democrats are. Pop culture has portrayed self righteous people in movies for years as characters to be loathed. There dam near like a walking hyperbole.
    I agree with this. Not sure about the "if not worse" part. I'd say it's pretty equal for both sides.

I'm not American so I dont have a stick in the fight, but it's fun to watch from the outside looking in.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I agree with this. Not sure about the "if not worse" part. I'd say it's pretty equal for both sides.
    And that's why people need to distance themselves from the fake right/left battle. Start thinking for yourselves. Have your own opinions.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    And that's why people need to distance themselves from the fake right/left battle. ...
    At the end of the day, the Stock Market will make us all equal, no matter where from. "The VIX, a gauge of stock market volatility, spiked 43% to 82.69 on Monday as coronavirus fears ripped through Wall Street. That takes out the previous record set in 2008. It's the VIX's fastest spike since the 1987 crash, according to Bram Kaplan, executive director of equity derivates strategy at JPMorgan. The Covid-19 pandemic sparked the fastest reassessment of equity market fundamentals and risk in the last 30 years," Kaplan told clients on Monday. He noted that the S&P 500 recorded its quickest bear market ever, falling 20% from its peak in just 15 trading days. That's twice as fast as the next quickest meltdown. That was in 1929, and it took 30 trading days."

Enjoy the ride! We are all in it together!
    TEAM 1
    12 Team Dynasty, H2H, G, A, PPP, SOG, FOW, HITS, BLKS, PIM, GWG, ShG, W, SHO, GA, SV, ShL, OL
    3-6C, 3-6W, 6D, 8B, 2G, 20 farm, 3IR

C - Crosby-McDavid-Giroux-Kadri
    W - Ovechkin-Marchand-Lehkonen-Wheeler-E.Kane-Landeskog
    D - Jones-Schenn-Stone-Lindholm-Moser-Whitecloud
    G - Hellebuyck-Lindgren-Martin-Stalock

Full Keeper

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Every page of this thread was predicatable.

Thinking any one action may "end" the Trump presidency is hilarious. Partisanship rules, logic is dead. Trump may or may not win the next election, but it won't be based on this pandemic.

Anyone blaming China for this is showing a predictable lack of perspective.

Trump supporters commenting on the mental acuity of Biden....what a laugh.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Biden doesn't have any mental acuity.
    He's completely off his rocker.
    It's obvious to some of us, and will be public knowledge in 12 to 24 months. Pray to God he doesn't get elected in November. It will be chaos and destruction.

It's obvious to some of us, and will be public knowledge in 12 to 24 months. Pray to God he doesn't get elected in November. It will be chaos and destruction.
    Pot, Kettle, etc., etc.

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Pot, Kettle, etc., etc.
    To clarify, I'm not saying you don't have any mental acuity and that you're completely off your rocker (I mean, you might be, but judging that over an internet forum would be ridiculous)

What I am saying, is lots of people were saying that in the lead up to the 2016 about Trump, and it has born out to be true, and continues to be true.

Hilarious lack of self awareness from Trump supporters if they can't see all the attributes they assign to Biden also apply to their infallible Czar.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    To clarify, I'm not saying you don't have any mental acuity and that you're completely off your rocker (I mean, you might be, but judging that over an internet forum would be ridiculous)

What I am saying, is lots of people were saying that in the lead up to the 2016 about Trump, and it has born out to be true, and continues to be true.

Hilarious lack of self awareness from Trump supporters if they can't see all the attributes they assign to Biden also apply to their infallible Czar.

The only truth that objective people see is that the economy was doing incredibly well prior to the Wuhan virus outbreak.
    President Trump was elected in 2016. On his watch, over 3 years, unemployment fell drastically to levels not seen in decades. Wage growth increased. Trade deals were renegotiated to help Americans. Border security enforced to protect Americans. Crime fell. People were happier. Safer. And wealthier. And, God-willing, people will remember that and re-elect him when the time comes.

The Wuhan virus arrives, and everybody loses their minds and blames the big bad Orange man. Ironically, his response (since the initial downplaying that he should have apologized for, despite it being understandable to keep people calm) has been the best, by far, of any leader. Even CNN called him very Presidential today and commended him. I really did fall off my rocker when I saw that.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Whatever mental acuity Biden lacks, what remains is more than what Trump will ever have.

Too bad there are way too many homophobic and religious zealots in the U.S. to make the most qualified democrat bow out.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

The only truth that objective people see is that the economy was doing incredibly well prior to the Wuhan virus outbreak.
    President Trump was elected in 2016. On his watch, over 3 years, unemployment fell drastically to levels not seen in decades. Wage growth increased. Trade deals were renegotiated to help Americans. Border security enforced to protect Americans. Crime fell. People were happier. Safer. And wealthier. And, God-willing, people will remember that and re-elect him when the time comes.

The Wuhan virus arrives, and everybody loses their minds and blames the big bad Orange man. Ironically, his response (since the initial downplaying that he should have apologized for, despite it being understandable to keep people calm) has been the best, by far, of any leader. Even CNN called him very Presidential today and commended him. I really did fall off my rocker when I saw that.
    el oh el

"objectivity"

Administrator

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Star

The economy was doing incredibly well before trump also. It's just not something that can be credited to him. He helped sustain/grow it, sure - but it's not like he magically spurred it all on.

Anyways, as we're seeing now there's more to life than the precious economy. How has healthcare improved since Trump was elected? What about national identity? Civility? He's not responsible for the divisiveness in the US just like he's not responsible for the strong economy, but he's a wedge driving it even further apart.