Page 69 of 132 FirstFirst ... 19 59 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 79 119 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,035 of 1979

Thread: The Coronavirus Pandemic

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re: The Coronavirus Pandemic

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I watch them because there's little else on TV and he's like a trainwreck. You can't look away. I guess that's what he wants and enjoys.
    Then you're giving him exactly what he wants by watching his pep rallies.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Then you're giving him exactly what he wants by watching his pep rallies.
    Im in Canada, I dont give him anythng.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Hercules

Quote Originally Posted by GretzkysMullet View Post
    That press conference was unreal. No new info about the crisis, just spin and deflection in attempt to make Trump look good while shifting the blame to everyone else. Not sure if you caught it but during the question period Paula Reid from CBS absolutely exposed him. Trump's self-promotion video included a timeline that pointed out his travel restriction for China in January.

Paula Reid: “The argument is that you bought yourself some time" “But what did you do with the time that you bought? The month of February was a gap.”

Trump: "You know you're a fake, your whole network, the way you cover it is fake"

No response to the observation and question, just insults and deflection. It is just too predictable, and the whole briefing absolutely reeked of insecurity and desperation.

Here's a video of that exchange: https://www.cbsnews.com/video/trump-...irus-response/
    It's not his fault, it's how the press is covering it. DUH!
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    Util:
    G:

Dobber Sports Padawan

I'll chime in very quickly here with another two-sided, balanced comment.
    Hopefully that will be enough to demonstrate that although my opinion & political bias (which I readily concede) are well-known, I'm not here to troll or antagonize.

On one hand:
    1) The video montage that President Trump played was, to be sure, laughable. Even as someone who often defends him, I think that video was poorly timed and belongs in a campaign commercial, not a White House press briefing. All I could really do was shake my head and laugh at the partisan conservatives on twitter who thought it was the greatest thing ever. It most certainly was not. Being a cheerleader for stuff like that is part of the problem. If he does something dumb, I have no problem saying so. And that video was dumb. Also, the President rambles on and on about the same things, over and over and over. It's frustrating to watch because I (and I think many like me) only want a summary of what's being done. I want to see hope and light at the end of the tunnel. The attempts to seek praise and pats on the back (even though he's speaking on behalf of his team, not just himself) are annoying and ill-timed. Mitigate the disaster and get people feeling safe again & the praise will/should happen naturally. Soliciting it, repeatedly, is just wrong.

On the other hand:
    2) Despite believing #1, I do, kind of, understand the genesis of it. It's eye-for-an-eye stuff. The President (really) is not treated fairly in the media. It's 90% negative bombardment. All. The. Time. No matter what he does. Fox and a couple other outlets make up the 10% who, conversely, refuse to report anything negative about him. And what the President was trying to convey in that propaganda clip (accurately, in my opinion) is that the people who are now saying he didn't act early enough are the very same people who called his China travel restriction on Jan 31 "xenophobic." Pelosi was partying it up in Chinatown San Francisco in late February calling it "safe" and now she has the balls to go on tv and say the President's late actions caused death? I mean that is just priceless. So, to be fair, it's only natural for the President to push back against that kind of bull****.

The best thing about the presser was Fauci's absolute disgust with the reporter who asked him if he was "acting voluntarily" implying that he was bullied by the President.
    It's National Enquirer type garbage, and it's exactly why CNN's ratings are as low as they are.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I tell ya, between the Trudeau's traveling out to their little cottage, and the Scheers/Elizabeth May/liberal MP, all cuddling up on an airplane with lame excuses like "We knew the risk" etc, I am pretty much done worrying about locking myself down. When the leadership of our own country can't be bothered to follow the rules, there is no way I am going to continue to do so. Don't get me wrong, I'll still be avoiding people in my circle of influence who are at risk etc, but the number of activities I was not doing has gone way down after the past couple days. Sorry, but the rules either apply to everyone or not at all. Looking forward to enjoying my summer.

Administrator

Both Canada and the US are showing good signs regarding the number of new cases per day. It's clearly not growing exponentially at this time. That's something to be happy about.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Hercules

Here's the video of that presser video. I hadn't seen it fully yet.

The faces in the audience vs Trumps face is actually funny. I like how he points at the screen and smiles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUXsgVA8lN8
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    Util:
    G:

Dobber Sports Deity

I tell ya, between the Trudeau's traveling out to their little cottage, and the Scheers/Elizabeth May/liberal MP, all cuddling up on an airplane with lame excuses like "We knew the risk" etc, I am pretty much done worrying about locking myself down. When the leadership of our own country can't be bothered to follow the rules, there is no way I am going to continue to do so. Don't get me wrong, I'll still be avoiding people in my circle of influence who are at risk etc, but the number of activities I was not doing has gone way down after the past couple days. Sorry, but the rules either apply to everyone or not at all. Looking forward to enjoying my summer.
    You can be like that Dan Dick's guy out in Vancouver who is giving up on social distancing!

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post

Just like Trudeau's blackface, this is OK because it is progressive racism.

And that's the good kind.
    If anyone feels Rebel "News" is a legit site to get factual information and can read through the comment sections without their stomach churning, then I have zero respect for them. Very toxic messaging, just stay away.

Dobber Sports Ninja

You can be like that Dan Dick's guy out in Vancouver who is giving up on social distancing!
    Not familiar with that story.

I see the value in physical distancing, but I had to chat with my family over Zoom during Easter dinner this year while politicians pile onto airplanes together. I'm making a different decision next time.

Dobber Sports Deity

Not familiar with that story.

I see the value in physical distancing, but I had to chat with my family over Zoom during Easter dinner this year while politicians pile onto airplanes together. I'm making a different decision next time.
    https://www.kelownanow.com/watercool...antine_protest

My favorite reply to Dan Dicks was from Seth Rogen:

https://twitter.com/Sethrogen/status...16798011748352

You’re a fu#king idiot. Stay inside.

Dobber Sports Ninja

While a protest is not my jam, did Seth Rogen send the same message to Andrew Scheer and Justin Trudeau?

Dobber Sports Deity

While a protest is not my jam, did Seth Rogen send the same message to Andrew Scheer and Justin Trudeau?
    No clue, but both deserved the same one. No arguing from me. I would have loved to spend Easter with my family (outside my 4 walls of course) as well. I hate missing Mama's home cooked meals.

Dobber Sports Jedi

There's more to trying to control a pandemic outbreak than banning travel from China and Europe.

Beyond those two things everything else he did was reactive - not - proactive.

Apparently Trudeau's wife & kids were self-isolating already at the cabin and he joined them? I never looked into it.. so I can't say one way or the other... BUT - when you tell the country not to go to the family cabin. Don't tweet yourself at one.

May/Scheer etc. - a joke. It makes Canadians call into question all the guidelines put in place that we are currently following.

It was a pretty egg on face weekend for all leaders in Canada/US.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Ace

Why do you watch them? Any important information that might come from his pep rallies can be found elsewhere. As long as you support infotainment it will continue to make money and continue to be a thing.
    I don't actually watch them, but I do read summaries. It's hard to look away from a train wreck like that.