Page 50 of 132 FirstFirst ... 40 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 60 100 ... LastLast

Thread: The Coronavirus Pandemic

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: The Coronavirus Debacle

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    Agreed.

Overall, this has been a good conversation. Even a couple guys I disagree with in this thread have resulted in respectful exchange of views.
    Agreed. I have found this thread to be pretty respectful overall. Some dissenting opinions for sure, but very little trolling and or hostility.

A few posters have opened my eyes to some salient points that I had not considered before. Good stuff.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    You missed the point. (Followed by random, but subtle insult and/or mocking question)
    No you missed the point. (Followed by random, but subtle insult and/or mocking question)
    No you missed the point. (Followed by random, but subtle insult and/or mocking question)
    No you missed the point.(Followed by random, but subtle insult and/or mocking question)
    No you missed the point.(Followed by random, but subtle insult and/or mocking question)

Useful thread here!

If I may make a suggestion: if you disagree with someone in this particular thread, just ignore it and move on. Otherwise you're caught in the above infinite spiral where there is no winner, and nobody's mind gets changed...
    LOL!!

I didn't see any of this going on....
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Hercules

Florida is going under State Mandated Lockdown at 12:01am Friday. The order includes exceptions for “essential services” – getting food, medical supplies, hospital visits and working for crucial industries like grocery stores and pharmacies, for example. Religious services in houses of worship are also permitted, as are recreational activities such as fishing, hunting, walking, running, biking and swimming.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    Util:
    G:

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Florida is going under State Mandated Lockdown at 12:01am Friday. The order includes exceptions for “essential services” – getting food, medical supplies, hospital visits and working for crucial industries like grocery stores and pharmacies, for example. Religious services in houses of worship are also permitted, as are recreational activities such as fishing, hunting, walking, running, biking and swimming.
    Doesnt sound like much of a lockdown.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Hercules

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Doesnt sound like much of a lockdown.
    Sounds like every other lockdown in NA.

I only know about the lockdown cause we have to send something to Florida to a company because they couldn't come up to Ontario to do it. Now we have to wait to see if they're an "essential service".

C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    Util:
    G:

Dobber Sports Deity

Sounds like every other lockdown in NA.

I only know about the lockdown cause we have to send something to Florida to a company because they couldn't come up to Ontario to do it. Now we have to wait to see if they're an "essential service".
    Not really. I know Fishing season got pushed back here in NS as well as other provinces. Hunting season? I dont hunt so I dont know much about hunting seasons but I know hunting deer happens in the late fall so its not an issue anyway. I dont think there's too many places open offering swimming these days.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    Wow, you guys have been busy today!
    in case you missed the news... the Fluff Cup kicked off yesterday!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Hercules

Not really. I know Fishing season got pushed back here in NS as well as other provinces. Hunting season? I dont hunt so I dont know much about hunting seasons but I know hunting deer happens in the late fall so its not an issue anyway. I dont think there's too many places open offering swimming these days.
    In Ontario, all hunting and fishing regulations remain in effect and unchanged due to COVID-19.

With Florida, they were hoping counties would take control on the lockdowns was pretty apparent. 2 counties shared a beach, one shut down the beach, the other didn't. So there's pictures of the beach with an obvious split. So I'm not sure what the general ban on swimming/religious events throughout all the counties, but I'm curious if the "swimming" ban is swimming pools, or swimming in lakes (Florida has a lot of that).

C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    Util:
    G:

Dobber Sports Deity

In Ontario, all hunting and fishing regulations remain in effect and unchanged due to COVID-19.

With Florida, they were hoping counties would take control on the lockdowns was pretty apparent. 2 counties shared a beach, one shut down the beach, the other didn't. So there's pictures of the beach with an obvious split. So I'm not sure what the general ban on swimming/religious events throughout all the counties, but I'm curious if the "swimming" ban is swimming pools, or swimming in lakes (Florida has a lot of that).
    And yet, their priority message is to STAY HOME! If you are going to lock $hit down, lock it down. The rules are too loose and thats why people continue to break them and go out. We've finally seen the police start to fine people who are breaking the laws and entering into parks that are closed here in NS.

Hercules

And yet, their priority message is to STAY HOME! If you are going to lock $hit down, lock it down. The rules are too loose and thats why people continue to break them and go out. We've finally seen the police start to fine people who are breaking the laws and entering into parks that are closed here in NS.
    100% agree. None of this is a lockdown. Yet.

I'm starting to see fines given out in my area. A guy was dealing drugs via house deliveries and was pulled over and charged with possession with intent to deal, AND operating a non-essential business. Someone at my works friend is a contractor and was fined $1,000 for going to a contract job at someone's house that was deemed non-essential.

Hopefully this is just the start. My work gave me a letter to give to a cop if I'm ever pulled over on the way to work to say why I'm out. Wonder if my work knows something is coming where any travel is going to be open to questioning by a cop.

C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    Util:
    G:

Hercules

Apparently counties in Kentucky are putting ankle bracelets on people who are ordered to house quarantine to track if they are staying at home.

C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    Util:
    G:

Ontario passed a law that they could fine people up to $100,000 and one year in prison. That is a big price to pay.

And yes... the Rules are too loose for sure. There are too many businesses that fit into the essential businesses definition.

Like that old tea pot antique store that is in the middle of nowhere when you head out to the National Park.... it is your typical antique and souvenir store... but it has a cooler in it which it sells drinks out of... and drinks are groceries and groceries are deemed essential??
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Apparently counties in Kentucky are putting ankle bracelets on people who are ordered to house quarantine to track if they are staying at home.
    Yes, i saw this as well.

And there is some country that is using smart phone technology to track all people to determine if they are properly self-isolating. So they are tracking everyone... not just those that have tested positive.

​​

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Ontario passed a law that they could fine people up to $100,000 and one year in prison. That is a big price to pay.

And yes... the Rules are too loose for sure. There are too many businesses that fit into the essential businesses definition.

Like that old tea pot antique store that is in the middle of nowhere when you head out to the National Park.... it is your typical antique and souvenir store... but it has a cooler in it which it sells drinks out of... and drinks are groceries and groceries are deemed essential??
    I have no issues with grocery stores being open. To me, thats essential.

That being said, there's a lot of stores that are open today (that probably dont need to be and are arguably essential??) still paying employees and that is important too. People are still getting a pay cheque and there's a lot that aren't today. I am lucky to still get one. My wife is the Account Manager (she does payable and receivable) for a Radio group here in the Maritimes and she's still working everyday. People need media and media still needs money so she is busy every day herself. She has a home office setup, but she needs to be in the office to collect and deposit money most days.

I have no issues with grocery stores being open. To me, thats essential.

That being said, there's a lot of stores that are open today (that probably dont need to be and are arguably essential??) still paying employees and that is important too. People are still getting a pay cheque and there's a lot that aren't today. I am lucky to still get one. My wife is the Account Manager (she does payable and receivable) for a Radio group here in the Maritimes and she's still working everyday. People need media and media still needs money so she is busy every day herself. She has a home office setup, but she needs to be in the office to collect and deposit money most days.
    My apologies. I probably shouldn't have the '??' at the end of that rant. My example is not a grocery store. It is a souvenir shop and antique store. But like lots of those stores, they have a little ice cream cooler and a drink cooler. So maybe 5-10% of there sales are related to those two coolers... The rest is antiques and souvenirs. But because they have a jug of milk in a cooler they can consider themselves essential and stay open.

​​