Page 48 of 132 FirstFirst ... 38 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 58 98 ... LastLast

Thread: The Coronavirus Pandemic

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: The Coronavirus Debacle

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I ran away from nothing. I pointed you towards the source from which I took that quote, which I thought was obviously referenced with my statement. Perhaps you had never seen that quote and so the context of it did not make sense. So I linked the quote to you. Hopefully it was informative.
    Donald Trump: "Nobody knew (insert any topic at all) could be so complicated!"

So the goalposts have been shifted to "He has never lived through a pandemic exactly like this so his incompetence should be forgiven."
    Okay.. so where did you get this quote... the one above... in bold.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Okay.. so where did you get this quote... the one above... in bold.
    It's not a real quote. It was a summary of the arguments I was seeing. I apologize if that was confusing.

I ran away from nothing. I pointed you towards the source from which I took that quote, which I thought was obviously referenced with my statement. Perhaps you had never seen that quote and so the context of it did not make sense. So I linked the quote to you. Hopefully it was informative.
    Donald Trump: "Nobody knew (insert any topic at all) could be so complicated!"

So the goalposts have been shifted to "He has never lived through a pandemic exactly like this so his incompetence should be forgiven."
    It's not a real quote. It was a summary of the arguments I was seeing. I apologize if that was confusing.
    Oh so it was your opinion and your conclusion? it wasn't a direct quote? Interesting...
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Ninja

Oh so it was your opinion and your conclusion? it wasn't a direct quote? Interesting...
    It was not a direct quote, that is correct. I apologize if that confused you. I have a hard time communicating in ways that you can understand. It might be best if you didn't read my posts in the future if they confuse you so much.

It was not a direct quote, that is correct. I apologize if that confused you. I have a hard time communicating in ways that you can understand. It might be best if you didn't read my posts in the future if they confuse you so much.
    They don't confuse me. Quotations around a sentence means a direct quote... you put quotations around something that wasn't a direct quote. So you were... wrong.

You are putting words in other people's posts... so I am just preventing that inaccuracy from being believed by others.

Its very similar to the media... just because you put quotations around it... doesn't make it true.

​​

Dobber Sports Ninja

They don't confuse me. Quotations around a sentence means a direct quote... you put quotations around something that wasn't a direct quote. So you were... wrong.

You are putting words in other people's posts... so I am just preventing that inaccuracy from being believed by others.

Its very similar to the media... just because you put quotations around it... doesn't make it true.
    I acknowledge your frustrations.

EDIT; I will cease responding to you so that we don't cause any more spam on this thread than needed. We clearly speak very different languages and are unable to communicate clearly with one another. Stay healthy.

Dobber Sports Jedi

What a waste of both of your guys' time arguing over such a silly semantic as () "" for quotes.

I tell my 8yr old to pick her battles rather than try to argue every minute point.... seems like good advise here too.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    What a waste of both of your guys' time arguing over such a silly semantic as () "" for quotes.

I tell my 8yr old to pick her battles rather than try to argue every minute point.... seems like good advise here too.
    Not disagreeing with you here at all. Colossal waste of time.

In other news it sounds like the Conservatives in Canada want to go back to Parliament to try and get things cleared up with the Wage Subsisdy Program that was announced? Anyone see any better alternatives for the announced program? The 30% revenue decrease I think is a big sticking point.

​​

Administrator

In other news it sounds like the Conservatives in Canada want to go back to Parliament to try and get things cleared up with the Wage Subsisdy Program that was announced? Anyone see any better alternatives for the announced program? The 30% revenue decrease I think is a big sticking point.
    They should try a Zoom meeting

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Ace

COVID-19 is a health and medical crisis/pandamic. It isn't a political issue.

The Response to the crisis and steps taken to address/control is a political issue - because it requires political measures and policy to move to address it and give the medical community the resources it requires & take action to limit the spread through policy & enforcement.
    Exactly. Unreal this has to be spelled out like this.

We are dealing with a global crisis. That does not mean world leaders can just do whatever they want without being accountable.

I was asking about the forgiving Trump comment as that was the attempt to put words in my mouth... and the argument went to the quotations because the forgiving Trump comment was dodged for several chats.

So my apologies for having to take time to explain what I was talking about..even when it was pretty obviously being dodged.

​​

Quote Originally Posted by GretzkysMullet View Post
    Exactly. Unreal this has to be spelled out like this.

We are dealing with a global crisis. That does not mean world leaders can just do whatever they want without being accountable.
    Accountability is healthy. Playing the blame game because of political ties is unhealthy.

Blaming the voters for all the deaths... that is extremely unhealthy.

​​

Dobber Sports Jedi

Need to be more ways to demonstrate decrease in business.

Take Colleges & Univ. for instance. Summer classes are beginning in May. Most will cancel in class - just do on-line. Numbers are already down. Most Univ. rely a lot on international students for revenue - they pay 2-5 times the tuition of domestic students. Guess who's not coming to Canada right now??

They won't be able to demonstrate appropriate losses for MONTHS.

Businesses that have had contracts pulled/delayed/cancelled - and wouldn't see that income until project completion or until a much later date -- they don't qualify currently. ETC. ETC.

EI Rate was just bumped to a flat $500 -

for regular and sickness benefits only - which is going to make any qualifying part time employee apply for EI since it will pay more than any wage subsidy program.
    If an Employee makes $300 per week - does it matter if the Employee gets 100% of pay when they can take a layoff and get $500 per week?
    Employer saves money - Employee makes more money.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Ninja

Latest Chamber of Commerce survey in Edmonton has 47% of Edmonton businesses saying they expect to go out of business. Ugly stuff.