Page 36 of 132 FirstFirst ... 26 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 46 86 ... LastLast

Thread: The Coronavirus Pandemic

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: The Coronavirus Debacle

Manitoba has closed down schools for the remainder of the year.

And I had someone briefly explain to me why Alcohol is considered an essential item.

And basically what I got from the explanation is that it is deemed essential because an alcoholic needs it or they will turn to something else and that something else might be more dangerous.

I am not saying I stand behind the explanation... just informing what I was told.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Administrator

Yet it's totally being used by people that don't "need" it

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    Whatever point you are trying to make has no credibility when you provide a soundbite from a sexual predator and general horrible human being in O'Reilly. I mean the man thinks its ok to go public wearing a Walmart plaid button-up and green under shirt!
    O'Reilly is no more of a predator than Biden is. And which one of them is running for President again?

Regardless, inappropriate doesn't equal predator. For either one of them.

The left sure does love to use that word though.
    Shoulder tap : "PREDATOR!"
    Unwanted compliment: "PREDATOR!"
    Smiling at someone the wrong way. "PREDATOR!"
    Pretty much any bad joke. "PREDATOR!"

Maybe save words like "Predator" for the Harvey Weinsteins of the world who deserve the label. Yow know - Hillary's good buddy, the Predator who was protected for decades by powerful Democrats.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Manitoba has closed down schools for the remainder of the year.

And I had someone briefly explain to me why Alcohol is considered an essential item.

And basically what I got from the explanation is that it is deemed essential because an alcoholic needs it or they will turn to something else and that something else might be more dangerous.

I am not saying I stand behind the explanation... just informing what I was told.
    Often with alcoholics - that turn is withdrawal. That's the primary concern. In too many situations that withdrawal requires medical attention as it can be life threatening. The medical systems don't need an epidemic on top of a pandemic.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Titan

I would like to point out that the Beer Store story was a few weeks ago, before the rumour the LCBO/Beerstore was shutting down.

It was before the non-essential business shut down thing happened.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Yet it's totally being used by people that don't "need" it
    But how do you determine who is going to be in real trouble if they don't get alcohol and who does not. It's just one of those situations where as messed up as it is, you need to keep it open or create worse issues.

I have no idea why cannabis stores are open still though. I didn't think there were the same issues with that, though I am admittedly not very educated on that particular aspect of cannabis.

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    But how do you determine who is going to be in real trouble if they don't get alcohol and who does not. It's just one of those situations where as messed up as it is, you need to keep it open or create worse issues.

I have no idea why cannabis stores are open still though. I didn't think there were the same issues with that, though I am admittedly not very educated on that particular aspect of cannabis.
    I'm not arguing it at a lawmaker level. I'm talking about the choices people make individually. It's also not even directed at anyone (as 2014OG pointed out his incident took place weeks ago). But we know there's a lot of people there that don't have to be there. Beer is a convenience in most cases.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post

Cannabis stores have the worst social distancing policies I've seen out of any company in Hamilton/Burlington. They limit ppl inside, but the line is so big outside there's like 50ppl waiting some days. I'm honestly shocked it hasn't come up as an issue yet.

Also, people use cannabis to manage certain things from loss of appetite, pain relief, nausea, panic attacks, and other things. So it may not be the same detox problems as alcohol, but people use it for legit reasons. Like, if you stopped using cannabis, could add stress to your life, making your sleep habits go weird, causing your immune system to go down.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not arguing it at a lawmaker level. I'm talking about the choices people make individually. It's also not even directed at anyone (as 2014OG pointed out his incident took place weeks ago). But we know there's a lot of people there that don't have to be there. Beer is a convenience in most cases.
    Is this a beer joke?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Ah ok I gotcha.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Cannabis stores have the worst social distancing policies I've seen out of any company in Hamilton/Burlington. They limit ppl inside, but the line is so big outside there's like 50ppl waiting some days. I'm honestly shocked it hasn't come up as an issue yet.

Also, people use cannabis to manage certain things from loss of appetite, pain relief, nausea, panic attacks, and other things. So it may not be the same detox problems as alcohol, but people use it for legit reasons. Like, if you stopped using cannabis, could add stress to your life, making your sleep habits go weird, causing your immune system to go down.
    Yeah, I suppose you are right. Most of the claims surrounding cannabis are awfully unsubstantiated, but even if much of what people 'think' about what it actually does is placebo level, if they figure it could cause worse issues by being closed then maybe it's worth it. Smarter people than me have to make these decisions for sure.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Fluff
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Is this a beer joke?
    I can cap it off with a few more beer jokes if you'd like

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    O'Reilly is no more of a predator than Biden is. And which one of them is running for President again?

Regardless, inappropriate doesn't equal predator. For either one of them.

The left sure does love to use that word though.
    Shoulder tap : "PREDATOR!"
    Unwanted compliment: "PREDATOR!"
    Smiling at someone the wrong way. "PREDATOR!"
    Pretty much any bad joke. "PREDATOR!"

Maybe save words like "Predator" for the Harvey Weinsteins of the world who deserve the label. Yow know - Hillary's good buddy, the Predator who was protected for decades by powerful Democrats.
    Don't try to play the false equivalency argument game, the low bar for running for US president is already set by the sexual predator already in office.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    Don't try to play the false equivalency argument game, the low bar for running for US president is already set by the sexual predator already in office.
    Dont reply to the troll!

Dobber Sports Titan

I can cap it off with a few more beer jokes if you'd like
    Thank brew for that one. Well crafted