Page 35 of 132 FirstFirst ... 25 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 45 85 ... LastLast

Thread: The Coronavirus Pandemic

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: The Coronavirus Debacle

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    Whatever point you are trying to make has no credibility when you provide a soundbite from a sexual predator and general horrible human being in O'Reilly. I mean the man thinks its ok to go public wearing a Walmart plaid button-up and green under shirt!
    I agree that O'Reilly sucks, but pissing on his fashion sense detracts from your argument that he's not a credible source. I know it's just a joke, but it really does.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    I agree that O'Reilly sucks, but pissing on his fashion sense detracts from your argument that he's not a credible source. I know it's just a joke, but it really does.
    Similarly, I'm all for attacking Trumps ideas and actions when called for, but can't stand when people doing so try to insult his hair, skin color, etc. Sure I think he's orange and his hair is stupid, but that has absolutely no bearing on any argument about whether or not he's smart, doing a good job, etc. There's enough on-topic stuff to attack.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post

But it was a JOKE!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post

But it was a JOKE!
    Along with this entire thread.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Your media companies played a large role in this happening.

The media is the same now as it has been for over a decade. The reason a record number of people don't trust the news anymore lies squarely on the shoulders of Donald Trump and his administration. The President and his staff have undermined and abused fact based journalism for over four years. Trump and his spokespeople have been employing the same tactic as right wing pundits like Alex Jones and Milo Yiannopoulos in vilifying the mainstream media in order to spin "alternative facts" and conspiracy theories, for their own purposes. Every autocratic leader in history first needs to neutralize legitimate criticism by labelling it as "fake news". By constantly sowing the seeds of doubt towards the media and journalists, even the most fact based reporting becomes suspect and the victim of partisan attacks. The day Donald Trump proclaimed that, "The media is the enemy of the people", was an incredibly sad day for America.

Of the numerous con jobs Trump has pulled off on the American public his assault on the sacred and integral job of journalism may just be the most damaging and long lasting.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
    The media is the same now as it has been for over a decade. The reason a record number of people don't trust the news anymore lies squarely on the shoulders of Donald Trump and his administration. The President and his staff have undermined and abused fact based journalism for over four years. Trump and his spokespeople have been employing the same tactic as right wing pundits like Alex Jones and Milo Yiannopoulos in vilifying the mainstream media in order to spin "alternative facts" and conspiracy theories, for their own purposes. Every autocratic leader in history first needs to neutralize legitimate criticism by labelling it as "fake news". By constantly sowing the seeds of doubt towards the media and journalists, even the most fact based reporting becomes suspect and the victim of partisan attacks. The day Donald Trump proclaimed that, "The media is the enemy of the people", was an incredibly sad day for America.

Of the numerous con jobs Trump has pulled off on the American public his assault on the sacred and integral job of journalism may just be the most damaging and long lasting.
    Journalism may have once been a sacred and integral job, but that hasn't been true since long before Trump stepped foot into office. You say the right wing media spins facts, and yet the left does the same. Which is why journalism as a whole is questioned because you can get two completely different stories of the same event simply by switching from FOX to CNN & vice versa. Both sides lie to fit their narrative, and the sheep just soak it up.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Wonko View Post

Totally agree that Trump and others exploit this, but it doesn't help that most of today's "news" actually is horseshit. It's entertainment for profit, so the truth (nor what is actually important) doesn't always fit in.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by saucelife90 View Post
    Along with this entire thread.
    does that surprise you?

... along with the comments section of every political article published since the inception of comments sections
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

I...am your father.

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    does that surprise you?

... along with the comments section of every political article published since the inception of comments sections
    BUT...I'm sure that after another 75 or 80 replies, everyone involved in this thread will be in 100% lock-step agreement and completely happy with each other.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Dobber View Post
    BUT...I'm sure that after another 75 or 80 replies, everyone involved in this thread will be in 100% lock-step agreement and completely happy with each other.
    I've always admired your optimistic outlook

Dobber Sports Master

total stranger asked me if I wanted a mask while shopping this morning . I didnt wait around long enough to see what she was about to pop out of her purse

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    total stranger asked me if I wanted a mask while shopping this morning . I didnt wait around long enough to see what she was about to pop out of her purse
    I got yelled at by a man when I used my credit card but didn't tap, and used my pin.

His exact words were, "You not using your tap kills my generation. I thought your generation was lazy, why are you doing more work to pay". I told him to please respect my space and how wrong it was to look at me while I was putting in my pin. His response had me kinda laughing. "You think I want the debt my generation developed for you?"

It was a world wind of a minute in line at beer store.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Administrator

Also the irony of this taking place when beer is 100% non-essential...

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Jedi

alcoholics disagree -- not implying 2014OG is one.. **

Dobber Sports Ninja

I sympathize with the view that beer and alcohol are essential services.

There are a lot of people struggling with addiction out there and if you suddenly yank alcohol the ripple effect will not be pretty - especially during a time when they can't go to hospitals or clinics or support groups.