Page 28 of 132 FirstFirst ... 18 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 38 78 128 ... LastLast

Thread: The Coronavirus Pandemic

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: The Coronavirus Debacle

The right wing lunacy machine is hard at work, desperate to discredit Fauci any way they can. A doctor and director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases that is so incompetent and untrustworthy at his job that he has only been doing since 1984 serving every Republican and Democrat administration since then:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newsp...vpx?li=AAggNb9

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    The right wing lunacy machine is hard at work, desperate to discredit Fauci any way they can. A doctor and director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases that is so incompetent and untrustworthy at his job that he has only been doing since 1984 serving every Republican and Democrat administration since then:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newsp...vpx?li=AAggNb9
    Disgusting, but predictable since Fauci face-palmed during one of Trumps speeches...

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    I am not. You told me to use what I know. So I told you what I know. I can’t speak for other regions. But I can speak for this one.

And I can also speak that The government is more concerned about other countries then those in Central Canada.
    Well. You can’t really. That’s your personal opinion, but there’s no basis of fact to support it. If your facts to support that claim is the relatively small amount of PPE equipment sent to China two months ago (which, again, would affect every region of Canada, not just one specific one) I guess all I can say is....that’s probably on brand, so yea.

Dobber Sports Titan

Apparently, according to a CNN report, part of the reason Trump wants to have the country "start up again" is because he's feeling like he's cut off from the outside world and is isolated at the White House. He's been so bored, he's been going to meetings. He's been crashing meetings, showing up to COVID19 task force meetings he's not apart of.

No sh!t you're bored, we all are. I haven't seen my GF in 3 weeks. I'm starting to look at peaches the wrong way. I'm sorry you're bored in your massive house with a professional chef, bowling alley and basketball court. Excuse me while I pace so much in my backyard I wear in lines in the lawn. Then have to explain to my GF dad why my grass is bad if I had all this time to make it look good.

To be fair, if he was just lazying around in his sweats drinking wine like Karen down the street everyday, we'd complain about that. I can see your recycling Karen, you can't hide the bottles under those Pizza Pizza boxes!

---ADDITION---
    Trump has also said he thinks people want the country to stay closed because it'll make him look bad in polls because the economy is bad. Oh come on Trump...Even Fox would consider that bad.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Padawan

Canada's news networks this morning sure do have some deeply hurt feelings about troops (potentially) being deployed by President Trump along the border.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6735064/c...ada-us-border/

In typical fashion though, Justin doesn't say WHY it shouldn't be done.
    He spouts a bunch of cliches, and smiles, and then says it in French to swoon his followers even more. But nothing of substance.

His only claim is that it would damage the relationship. No specifics on why. No details at all in his speech.
    Just like most of his speeches - speaks a lot and says almost nothing.

Thank God President Trump is running things in the US. If someone like Trudeau had been elected, the country would be completely destroyed by now.

Dobber Sports Padawan

The media needs to stop. Station after station, they are constantly doing sensationalist garbage.
    Report on the number of recoveries.
    Report on potential medicines to treat this.
    Report on curves being flattened and the models being adjusted down (incredibly, mainstream media pretty much ignored Dr. Birx yesterday when she said the initial models of 500,000 UK deaths had been revised down to 20k instead - which is hugely positive news. She specifically stated that the models do not reflect what is happening on the ground.)

Report the news. ALL of it. Even the positive news. Not just the fear-mongering bs that you think will improve your ratings.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    Canada's news networks this morning sure do have some deeply hurt feelings about troops being deployed by President Trump along the border.

https://globalnews.ca/news/6735064/c...ada-us-border/

In typical fashion though, Justin doesn't say WHY it shouldn't be done.
    He spouts a bunch of cliches, and smiles, and then says it in French to swoon his followers even more. But nothing of substance.

His only claim is that it would damage the relationship. No specifics on why. No details at all in his speech.
    Just like most of his speeches - speaks a lot and says almost nothing.

Thank God President Trump is running things in the US. If someone like Trudeau had been elected, the country would be completely destroyed by now.
    It's the equivalent to you and your neighbour getting a long for yrs, then your neighbour moves out and this new guy comes in and is doing a bunch of odd things, but boosts his house. Then all of a sudden everyone on the street gets mice and he puts up an 8ft fence because he doesn't want your mice in his house. He's got a bigger house, but has 20x more mice than you. So you're like...ok, what's the real reason why you put the fence up? I have less mice, and I don't want your mice...But you're blaming me on the mice you have?

Not the best analogy. But it's more relation than actual effects. It's an un-militarized border that Trump wants Troops on. It's just another odd relationship thing Trump is doing. Prolly not the first event that Trump has done stuff like this. He said that India doesn't share a border with China and the India President/PM was like, "why would I help this guy out who clearly doesn't care about us to even know where we are in the world". Would you do a deal with a guy who says he wants to sell you a dock for your ocean front house when you live in Alberta?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    It's the equivalent to you and your neighbour getting a long for yrs, then your neighbour moves out and this new guy comes in and is doing a bunch of odd things, but boosts his house. Then all of a sudden everyone on the street gets mice and he puts up an 8ft fence because he doesn't want your mice in his house. He's got a bigger house, but has 20x more mice than you. So you're like...ok, what's the real reason why you put the fence up? I have less mice, and I don't want your mice...But you're blaming me on the mice you have?

Not the best analogy. But it's more relation than actual effects. It's an un-militarized border that Trump wants Troops on. It's just another odd relationship thing Trump is doing. Prolly not the first event that Trump has done stuff like this. He said that India doesn't share a border with China and the India President/PM was like, "why would I help this guy out who clearly doesn't care about us to even know where we are in the world". Would you do a deal with a guy who says he wants to sell you a dock for your ocean front house when you live in Alberta?
    It's also an unprecedented, temporary situation. Surely Canadians can understand that.
    Regardless, just heard literally seconds ago that the US is reconsidering this decision. Let the Trump blasting begin! He can't stick to a decision! He is unstable!

Dobber Sports Titan

The media needs to stop. Station after station, they are constantly doing sensationalist garbage.
    Report on the number of recoveries.
    Report on potential medicines to treat this.
    Report on curves being flattened and the models being adjusted down (incredibly, mainstream media pretty much ignored Dr. Birx yesterday when she said the initial models of 500,000 UK deaths had been revised down to 20k instead - which is hugely positive news. She specifically stated that the models do not reflect what is happening on the ground.)

Report the news. ALL of it. Even the positive news. Not just the fear-mongering bs that you think will improve your ratings.
    This isn't a COVID19 problem. It's a media problem. Because it's more interesting. It's the reason why I know USA has more confirmed cases than China now, than ... I had to look up good news for this one...An old lady is singing Opera every day at the same time in an apartment complex. But my negative mentality would say, "by day 4 I'd want to kill her".

Dobber Sports Titan

It's also an unprecedented, temporary situation. Surely Canadians can understand that.
    Regardless, just heard literally seconds ago that the US is reconsidering this decision. Let the Trump blasting begin! He can't stick to a decision! He is unstable!
    What I don't get, maybe you do, what's the purpose of Troops on the border? And how long would they be there? Bunch of questions that we don't know the answers too.

The little impact of travel troops have at the USA/Canada border makes me meh on the subject outside of country relations. If Trudeau and Trump were ok with it, I am. If one isn't than I would prefer them not.

Administrator

It's a really really long border so at least the US troops would be practicing proper social distancing

Maybe they should build a wall instead

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Jedi

Why is anyone still replying to eyesongilmour 2.0 it's clear he's now posting specifically to raise a response vs. provide anything of value even to the only thread he comes here for.

I've placed him on my ignore list, but still get to view the posts when others respond. We are to gilmour/willy what CNN is to Trump.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    Why is anyone still replying to eyesongilmour 2.0 it's clear he's now posting specifically to raise a response vs. provide anything of value even to the only thread he comes here for.

I've placed him on my ignore list, but still get to view the posts when others respond. We are to gilmour/willy what CNN is to Trump.
    Same here. It's unfortunate when you ignore someone you still have to see their quoted posts from others.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Administrator

TBH eye really do miss gilmour

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    TBH eye really do miss gilmour
    I see what you did there.

#wellplayed