Page 26 of 132 FirstFirst ... 16 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 36 76 126 ... LastLast

Thread: The Coronavirus Pandemic

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: The Coronavirus Debacle

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    Which side are you on?

Administrator

USA just took the lead in total cases

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Ninja

In hindsight it seems like a poor decision, even though it was done with humanitarian reasons. It's pretty clear that most countries, like Canada, did not think this was going to get to this point, with some exceptions in Asia.

It does seem as though China is returning the favour to countries such as Italy and France, but whether they will do the same with Canada, given chilly relations currently, remain to be seen.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    Which side are you on?
    Does it matter which side I am on? I shared an article relating to the Corona Virus Debacle of which this thread is titled?

Does your response to the article change depending which side am I on.

I am on the Canadian People's side... What is best for Canadians!? How about that??
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Administrator

The correct way to solve the problem is as a united planet. Isolate the problem, and help them get through it. Unfortunately we don't all get along and as it turns out some places are handling it much better than others. So yeah in hindsight taking care of yourself probably works best. But I don't fault anyone for sending help.

That being said, Canada is doing alright so far. It's been escalating but the numbers are still small.

Dobber Sports Jedi

There should only be two sides.

The COVID19 side or Humanity's side.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Ninja

A lot of questions to Trudeau during the press conference today to tighten up border security with military presence.

Canadians worried that infested Americans will rush the border to seek refuge here when America goes to shit. Trudeau's response was some bullshit about how he's proud we share the "longest non-militarized border" in the world and he wants to keep it that way. Typical spineless response. It's gonna become a serious issue real soon the way things are going down south...

Dobber Sports Star

Does it matter which side I am on? I shared an article relating to the Corona Virus Debacle of which this thread is titled?

Does your response to the article change depending which side am I on.

I am on the Canadian People's side... What is best for Canadians!? How about that??
    lol relax

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    A lot of questions to Trudeau during the press conference today to tighten up border security with military presence.

Canadians worried that infested Americans will rush the border to seek refuge here when America goes to shit. Trudeau's response was some bullshit about how he's proud we share the "longest non-militarized border" in the world and he wants to keep it that way. Typical spineless response. It's gonna become a serious issue real soon the way things are going down south...
    What kind of response were you expecting. It sounds like the US and Canada are in active negotiations surrounding the border issues right now. I doubt there was much else he could say currently.

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    The correct way to solve the problem is as a united planet. Isolate the problem, and help them get through it. Unfortunately we don't all get along and as it turns out some places are handling it much better than others. So yeah in hindsight taking care of yourself probably works best. But I don't fault anyone for sending help.

That being said, Canada is doing alright so far. It's been escalating but the numbers are still small.
    I agree... rememeber how the whole World got on board with #HumboltStrong and #Boston Strong.. let's get everyone on board with the #WorldStrong
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

lol relax
    Haha... I think you read into my response a little to much...they were very passive questions.

Except for the emphasis for what is best for Canadians... can we all be on board with a little excitement for that!

​​

Dobber Sports Star

Haha... I think you read into my response a little to much...they were very passive questions.

Except for the emphasis for what is best for Canadians... can we all be on board with a little excitement for that!
    Okay fair enough

I agree what's best for Canadians is important, but it kind of flies in the face of your last comment about #worldstrong. If my neighbor is starving, I have 2 choices: Give him some of my limited food, or save it so I don't end up starving myself. My choice would be to give him some, in the hopes that if I do end up needing more food myself, he (or others) would do the same for me.

Administrator

What's actually best for Canada is getting the global number of cases down to zero.

Okay fair enough

I agree what's best for Canadians is important, but it kind of flies in the face of your last comment about #worldstrong. If my neighbor is starving, I have 2 choices: Give him some of my limited food, or save it so I don't end up starving myself. My choice would be to give him some, in the hopes that if I do end up needing more food myself, he (or others) would do the same for me.
    It doesn't fly in face of my 2nd comment. If my neighbour is hungry... I don't give him 16 tonnes of food creating an extreme shortage for my kids. Maybe split it up a little bit...

Maybe I do some simple math and consider how much we might need here and still support him by giving him 8 tonnes. Then in a month's time I re-evaluate the situation and see.. and maybe there is 4 more tonnes I can give him... or maybe there is a need in our own health care and I can only afford to give him 2 tonnes...

Giving such a large amount in one dose rather than splitting it up and doing some other evaluations might have been a more strategic approach. Especially with all the comments about how WHO warned countries to prepare...

- - - Updated - - -

What's actually best for Canada is getting the global number of cases down to zero.
    Yes. I agree... but that doesn't mean we should be sending our health care workers to work without proper equipment

​​

Dobber Sports Padawan

We can safely assume your motives on this forum have little to nothing to do with hockey
    Well, there is no hockey. I can't say anything beyond that. We both know why that is.