Page 14 of 132 FirstFirst ... 4 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 24 64 114 ... LastLast

Thread: The Coronavirus Pandemic

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: The Trump Presidency is Over/The Coronavirus Debacle

I replied before your edit... ahaha
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Mike Pence told America yesterday to, "Spend more time on your knees than on the internet".

He was referring to praying you sick f.
    NSFW:

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Star

It's so transparent and pathetic how Trump and his team are trying to brand it the "Chinese Virus". They slip it in every chance they get, and it just reminds me of the childish attempt Andy makes in The Office when he keeps saying "manager", hoping it will land him the job. I haven't heard any other world leaders repeatedly call it the Chinese Virus...

Dobber Sports All-Star

If you watched any of todays press conference, Trump again proved how seriously unfit he is for his position. Fauci and even Pence did a great job, but Trump kept jumping in to say something idiotic. He attacked a reporter for asking a legitimite question on behalf of Americans. He stated that he inherited a broken CDC. Even though he cut funding and dismantled it. That's just the half hour or so that I watched. If anyone can honestly say that this guy is a leader, is full of it.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    It's so transparent and pathetic how Trump and his team are trying to brand it the "Chinese Virus". They slip it in every chance they get, and it just reminds me of the childish attempt Andy makes in The Office when he keeps saying "manager", hoping it will land him the job. I haven't heard any other world leaders repeatedly call it the Chinese Virus...
    I am totally for it. We cannot let the Chinese Government off the hook on this and should remind the world who caused this at every opportunity.

Not that they have any kind of defense. We all know.

Dobber Sports Titan

I sent a snapchat of a couple of times when Trump was standing off to the side.

He looked like a dad watching his kids open gifts his wife got and put "Love Mom and Dad". Just half asleep and kinda curious whats happening in front of him.

And later in the presser, he looked like a kid growing impatient while his mom talked to a friend at a grocery store. Just swaying back and forth.

I hate the move me makes when he gets asked a legit hard question, and he avoids answering it but interrupting and going, "ok last question"
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post
    I am totally for it. We cannot let the Chinese Government off the hook on this and should remind the world who caused this at every opportunity.

Just a quick add-on reminder here - Trump (and me too, for that matter) only started calling it the Wuhan & Chinese virus (intentionally and repeatedly, anyway) after the Chinese started to circulate a conspiracy theory about the US military causing the outbreak. He said it in his pressers very clearly and honestly that that's the specific reason he's doing it. To counteract lies. Maybe it's childish, maybe not. I think it's effective.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    Just a quick add-on reminder here - Trump (and me too, for that matter) only started calling it the Wuhan & Chinese virus (intentionally and repeatedly, anyway) after the Chinese started to circulate a conspiracy theory about the US military causing the outbreak. He said it in his pressers very clearly and honestly that that's the specific reason he's doing it. To counteract lies. Maybe it's childish, maybe not. I think it's effective.
    I wasn't aware of that, but if true it does certainly make it less condemnable.

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    And later in the presser, he looked like a kid growing impatient while his mom talked to a friend at a grocery store. Just swaying back and forth.

I hate the move me makes when he gets asked a legit hard question, and he avoids answering it but interrupting and going, "ok last question"
    It's almost like he has more important things on his mind that he wants to attend to.

Dobber Sports Titan

It's almost like he has more important things on his mind that he wants to attend to.
    Like tweeting.

It's the questions that he always interrupts then goes "last question". Today he did that but answered other questions that made him look good. He shuts down hard questions that don't have a good answer. The short guy that's the lead of the medical side of this had to answer the question of "test shortages" after Trump was asked 3 times and just interrupted the question and shut it down and refused to answer it.

He simply can't/won't give the hard/bad news.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Ninja

What are you hoping will come of it?

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    What are you hoping will come of it?
    Relocation of multiple industries to North America.
    Sanctions and regulations regarding their own industries and high standards imposed on anything they export.
    Full exposure of their horrific human rights abuse record, and heavy pressure on them to stop. Punishments if they don't.

For starters, anyways.

At least they gave the doctor who tried to warn us all back in December a pardon for lying about it's existence in the first place. Good for you, China. Too bad he's dead. From the virus (right).

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/corona...irus-1.4860909

In the West he would be leading a national task force on this.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Relocation of multiple industries to North America.
    Sanctions and regulations regarding their own industries and high standards imposed on anything they export.
    Full exposure of their horrific human rights abuse record, and heavy pressure on them to stop. Punishments if they don't.

For starters, anyways.

At least they gave the doctor who tried to warn us all back in December a pardon for lying about it's existence in the first place. Good for you, China. Too bad he's dead. From the virus (right).

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/corona...irus-1.4860909

In the West he would be leading a national task force on this.
    I'd be in favour of shining a light on horrific human rights issues in countries for sure.

I'd also like to see the EU/Canada enact similar sanctions on the USA over their human rights abuses when it comes to treatment of migrants, among other things.

Would be wonderful to see China/USA/India/Canada truly called to task for their carbon emissions as well. I think you're absolutely correct.

I don't see any of these things happening though since money makes the world go round and all of these countries are too interconnected to risk it.

There might be some token sanctions, but nothing substantial on a country with the economy and power of China/USA.

The relocation of industries is not a bad idea either. Americans would need to pay more for their products, but they would gain the benefit of knowing that their supply is not threatened.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I'd be in favour of shining a light on horrific human rights issues in countries for sure.

I'd also like to see the EU/Canada enact similar sanctions on the USA over their human rights abuses when it comes to treatment of migrants, among other things.

Would be wonderful to see China/USA/India/Canada truly called to task for their carbon emissions as well. I think you're absolutely correct.

I don't see any of these things happening though since money makes the world go round and all of these countries are too interconnected to risk it.

There might be some token sanctions, but nothing substantial on a country with the economy and power of China/USA.

The relocation of industries is not a bad idea either. Americans would need to pay more for their products, but they would gain the benefit of knowing that their supply is not threatened.
    It's a good idea, but with the set up of the US economy - they would increase immigration again and hire immigrant workers at minimum wage to keep costs down. Vicious... Vicious cycle.

This whole COVID is truly a watershed moment for climate change and the green movement.
    How fast changes are happening in areas under severe lock down from clear, unpolluted skies to clear waterways and the return of fish and wildlife.

As small as the opportunity to flatten the curve on this virus is... the opportunity for wholesale climate change action is as small, if not smaller. But there is the potential. Where the hell is Greta when we need her most?
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    It's a good idea, but with the set up of the US economy - they would increase immigration again and hire immigrant workers at minimum wage to keep costs down. Vicious... Vicious cycle.

This whole COVID is truly a watershed moment for climate change and the green movement.
    How fast changes are happening in areas under severe lock down from clear, unpolluted skies to clear waterways and the return of fish and wildlife.

As small as the opportunity to flatten the curve on this virus is... the opportunity for wholesale climate change action is as small, if not smaller. But there is the potential. Where the hell is Greta when we need her most?
    Even minimum wage is a lot more than what labour in China is paid isn't it? But you're right.

I don't think the climate will get much of a reprieve. Once things return back to some normalcy it will be full steam ahead, and likely with less environmental regulation with the rallying cry of "Getting everyone back to work!"