Page 13 of 132 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 23 63 113 ... LastLast

Thread: The Coronavirus Pandemic

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: The Trump Presidency is Over/The Coronavirus Debacle

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    As of the past week I'm spending way more time than I should on my city's Facebook group trying to encourage people to take proper precautions and change their behavior on their own, since the Federal Government has refused to be proactive in mandating behaviors. I've posted valuable information on a daily basis, received thousands of reactions and hundreds of comments, answered dozens of questions, changed dozens or hundreds of minds, received many people's thanks for the time and effort, and even been asked to run for city council in the future. I wish I could think of a better way to effect change without leaving my home or place of business. I am open to ideas. Just stopped by here for the first time in a little while and couldn't help but let myself get pulled into the convo.
    You can change the world on Twitter. Go viral my friend.
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    Also, on Jan 31 when he banned incoming China travelers, Trump was criticized by Biden and the left media for being xenophobic and creating hysteria.
    Can you send me a few reputable links to this. I have been searching but the only out of context snippet I could find was from an online media site rated as 'tin foil hat conspiracy theorists'.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
    Can you send me a few reputable links to this. I have been searching but the only out of context snippet I could find was from an online media site rated as 'tin foil hat conspiracy theorists'.
    Very easy to find. I.e. lmgtfy...

Another interesting point being made today... hopefully it gains some traction... President Trump could/would have been better focused on the early stages of the Wuhan virus, had it not been for him being pre-occupied with the Democrat impeachment sham.
    Reasonable point. Food for thought, anyway.

Dobber Sports Pro

Another interesting point being made today... hopefully it gains some traction... President Trump could/would have been better focused on the early stages of the Wuhan virus, had it not been for him being pre-occupied with the Democrat impeachment sham.
    What a grade A level bull$hit excuse that would be!
    Smacks of desperation by the spin doctors, right up there with the dog ate my homework reasoning.

A president should be able to multitask and address many different crisis at once, so Trump admits he can't do this now? Only focus on the immediate problems that affect him directly and not the country he is suppose to govern? Or is it because he refuses to listen/hire advisors in his administration and the federal government at large (ie. disbanded pandemic team) to track these problems and give him plenty of warning there could be a problem in near future?
    No I suppose it can't any of those reasons because Trump has maintain the facade that he is an infallible, strong leader and a very "stable genius" and can't show any weakness otherwise.

The Great One

I think he was acquitted on February 5th? I'm not aware of any Western leader doing much of anything on February 5th or earlier? I have a hard time believing the US response would be much different with or without the impeachment process...

I'm also not exactly sure why you hope this point gains traction, unless the point is to encourage a narrative to blame democrats for the state of the US/world right now?

Personally, all my energy is on supporting Trump (and Biden, and the US, and Trudeau, Doug Ford and the world).

There's plenty of time to criticize the impeachment process, or Donald Trump, down the road...

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by als_revenge View Post
    I think he was acquitted on February 5th? I'm not aware of any Western leader doing much of anything on February 5th or earlier? I have a hard time believing the US response would be much different with or without the impeachment process...

I'm also not exactly sure why you hope this point gains traction, unless the point is to encourage a narrative to blame democrats for the state of the US/world right now?

Personally, all my energy is on supporting Trump (and Biden, and the US, and Trudeau, Doug Ford and the world).

There's plenty of time to criticize the impeachment process, or Donald Trump, down the road...
    President Trump began restricting entry into the US (from China) on Jan 31.
    I guess he reacted more swiftly than many realize...

Dobber Sports All-Star

Obviously you have a different internet. Mine is still sane.

As for Trump being pre-occupied with the impeachment trial, it conclude a month and a half ago. Not to mention Trump had nothing to do with it. He didn't have to testify, no witnesses did, hell the White House did not even have to hand over any material. So no, it took up none of his time or attention.

No in regard to the Coronavirus Trump simply did Trump stuff. He lied. He accused the Democrats of using the virus as a political ploy. He claimed his administration had it under control. He 'had a hunch' it would go away as soon as the weather warmed up. Because Trump is only one thing. A PR man. He has no substance. He has no moral compass. He made the mistake of believing his own PR. Now thousand of Americans will die needlessly. I don't even blame Trump completely for the economic collapse that is coming. An intelligent leader might have mitigated it somewhat but it was bound to come with this virus regardless. Perhaps with Trump at the helm it will cause a depression rather than a recession, but either way the economy was going to spiral out of control. At the end of the day the true tragedy is the unnecessarily high number of lives that will be lost to this virus. The responsibility of which lies at the feet of Donald Trump. Him and his administrations cut funding to every agency necessary in a pandemic. They lied, and blustered and blundered and faltered every step of the way. The list of mistakes is so long I won't list them all here (i.e., lmgtfy) . And it was all absolutely predictable. Anybody with one foot in reality knew that if any major disaster occurred, one that relied on true leadership, honesty and courage, the US was going to fare very poorly with Trump at the helm.

So sadly much of the blame for the exaggerated magnitude of this pandemic in America, likely the worst we have seen in centuries, must lie at the feet of every credulous Trump supporter who chanted 'Make America Great Again'.
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP

Administrator

It's been many days and you guys are still arguing about the same thing. Time to move on.

It's all Trump's fault.

It's not Trump's fault.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    It's been many days and you guys are still arguing about the same thing. Time to move on.

It's all Trump's fault.

It's not Trump's fault.

We're bored and this discussion has remained civil. Isn't this what an online forum is for?
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Icon

Some interesting thoughts on the whole thing from a proud Trump (and Obama!) voter.

Man you really can't tell who is a racist/white supremacist anymore can you? Could be anyone.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post

It's all Trump's fault.

It's not Trump's fault.

They're both true. He has screwed up, but has also done some smart things - even CNN gave him credit at one point.

I think she then left and puked in the bathroom for having done so, but I digress.

Let's be honest.
    Not a single leader in the world is has been mistake free in dealing with this. Full stop.
    Period.

Everyone has screwed up.

Just look at Florida, while Trump is shutting down borders and stopping flights coming to the US from around the world the Gov. makes an announcement he doesn't want to close the beaches. -- he has changed his tune today or last night, but three days ago he really f---ed up.

I think I dislike Trump as much as the next left winger does. But sometimes you gotta call a spade a spade and realize everyone has --ed up in this at one point or another. If you've gone to Costco for toilet paper - you f---ed up too. It's a virus breeding ground. Thanks for increasing the spread risk.

Trump's biggest problem is his words just suck. He's not that smart. He needs better speech writers and needs to stick to the script. When he goes off script he sounds well... like he sounds.. Don't get me wrong. He does more stupid stuff than good. But he's not alone in this. Not this time.

Administrator

The political parties don't produce good people for those positions. It's clearly not what they're looking for, otherwise we would see better candidates.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Titan

Mike Pence told America yesterday to, "Spend more time on your knees than on the internet".

He was referring to praying you sick f.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Mike Pence told America yesterday to, "Spend more time on your knees than on the internet".

He was referring to praying you sick f.
    Did he declare it National BJ day?

Dobber Sports All-Star

Yes, pretty much every leader dropped the ball in some areas. Difference is most of the other leaders were honest. They showed integrity. They trusted the experts and made their decisions accordingly. They did not spout crackpot theories and mistruths for weeks while the virus spread exponentially.
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP