Page 125 of 132 FirstFirst ... 25 75 115 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,875 of 1979

Thread: The Coronavirus Pandemic

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: The Coronavirus Pandemic

There was more people who have creditably accused Trump of sexual assault than what was outside in the "overflow" stage of his rally.

2 of Trumps staff members who were at the Rally tested positive for COVID-19. 6 members of an "Advanced" group tested positive prior to going to the Rally.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by GretzkysMullet View Post
    The spike in US COVID-19 cases is so big that the number of new daily cases approximates the previous peak at this point.

Turns out those public health measures may have been doing something hey? Surprise surprise.

"something" indeed - ruining millions of lives

Dobber Sports Deity

Trump is more worried about getting re-elected than he is saving American lives. Little does he know he'd come out smelling better if he worried more about Americans than himself.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Trump is more worried about getting re-elected than he is saving American lives. Little does he know he'd come out smelling better if he worried more about Americans than himself.
    I think he's recognized that he can't win back people he has lost. So he's trying to guarantee the votes he knows he'll get (his rally ppl) and then he'll do the best he can to make the mail in voting not happen. It's really his only path to victory, making it hard to vote. However, I think the generations (millennial, gen z and what-not) will make sure they vote, and the majority will likely vote against him. I don't know off the top of my head, but I would assume 4yrs ago, the age range of 18-30 likely had a small voter turnout. So Trump might be ignoring the larger turnout of that age range that will vote him out this time around. Just a guess off the top of my head though.

Trump won't win his voters over if the country isn't open. Just check the Michigan "protests". If he takes COVID seriously, he could lose more of those votes. All he's trying to do right now is secure those votes. Then his group of followers will try and make mail-in voting seem outrageous. Everything he's done since January has been about his election.

Theory that's floating around is that once he doesn't have the presidency label anymore, tons of books and tell-alls will come out and he could be arrested for what he's done behind closed doors. So that's the reason why he'll have to be dragged out of the Whitehouse kicking and screaming.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Over 120k dead from this in the USA, and that's WITH all of the restrictions that already happened.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I think he's recognized that he can't win back people he has lost. So he's trying to guarantee the votes he knows he'll get (his rally ppl) and then he'll do the best he can to make the mail in voting not happen. It's really his only path to victory, making it hard to vote. However, I think the generations (millennial, gen z and what-not) will make sure they vote, and the majority will likely vote against him. I don't know off the top of my head, but I would assume 4yrs ago, the age range of 18-30 likely had a small voter turnout. So Trump might be ignoring the larger turnout of that age range that will vote him out this time around. Just a guess off the top of my head though.

Trump won't win his voters over if the country isn't open. Just check the Michigan "protests". If he takes COVID seriously, he could lose more of those votes. All he's trying to do right now is secure those votes. Then his group of followers will try and make mail-in voting seem outrageous. Everything he's done since January has been about his election.

Theory that's floating around is that once he doesn't have the presidency label anymore, tons of books and tell-alls will come out and he could be arrested for what he's done behind closed doors. So that's the reason why he'll have to be dragged out of the Whitehouse kicking and screaming.
    As I said, he's more worried about getting re-elected than he is saving lives. If he truly cared about anything other than himself, he'd be more focused on saving lives and throwing himself on his political sword so-to-speak. The last thing he should be worried about is where his votes are coming from. That's what any good leader does; they worry about those below him, not himself.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Over 120k dead from this in the USA, and that's WITH all of the restrictions that already happened.
    As I said, he's more worried about getting re-elected than he is saving lives. If he truly cared about anything other than himself, he'd be more focused on saving lives and throwing himself on his political sword so-to-speak. The last thing he should be worried about is where his votes are coming from. That's what any good leader does; they worry about those below him, not himself.
    Yes, he is worried about getting re-elected. And maybe he is trying to attract some of the milennials (and all those that went to beaches on Spring Break).

Those people from the states that were not concerned about COVID19 and still wanted to party and go to the beach. Those people are probably loving it that there is no more lockdown. Those people are also not concerned about other peoples lives... so maybe, just maybe he is trying to win their vote as well by letting them go to the beach and such.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

Oh yeah, the last 3-4months I've learned he's not a natural leader. He's just a selfish d!ck. Sometimes you get those CEO/Business guys who are selfish but are natural leaders. They make decisions based on themselves, but are able to wordsmith their way around big issues to get people below them to buy in. Trump can NOT do that in 2020. The internet is too powerful for his BS and lies for most people.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Oh yeah, the last 3-4months I've learned he's not a natural leader. He's just a selfish d!ck. Sometimes you get those CEO/Business guys who are selfish but are natural leaders. They make decisions based on themselves, but are able to wordsmith their way around big issues to get people below them to buy in. Trump can NOT do that in 2020. The internet is too powerful for his BS and lies for most people.
    We will see. I'd like to hope you're right, but there are some paths to victory for Trump still, no matter how many hundreds of thousands die.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    We will see. I'd like to hope you're right, but there are some paths to victory for Trump still, no matter how many hundreds of thousands die.
    The sad part is, you're right.

Dobber Sports Star

It already happened once...

Dobber Sports Ace

This part is likely key to his frantic efforts. From what I understand there is already enough evidence to charge him with obstruction of justice, and the only reason that hasn't happened is that he's a sitting president.

Dobber Sports Padawan

The internet is too powerful for his BS and lies for most people.
    Fox News, Facebook, and American right-wing talk radio are still going strong and helping people move in to castles in the sky. It's going to be closer than it should be.
    10-team H2H points keeper league, keep 4
    G: 2, A: 2, SOG: 0.15, Hit: 0.15, Block: 0.15, W: 3.5, Sv: 0.025, SO: 6
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:
    F: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Artemi Panarin, Jack Hughes, Mark Stone, Josh Norris, Tyler Bertuzzi, PL Dubois, Sam Bennett, Tom Wilson (IR)
    D: Kris Letang, Drew Doughty, Brent Burns, Shayne Gostisbehere
    G: Ilya Sorokin, Thatcher Demko

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopo View Post
    Fox News, Facebook, and American right-wing talk radio are still going strong and helping people move in to castles in the sky. It's going to be closer than it should be.
    Facebook is Republican in the States? Its definitely not up in Canada!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    It already happened once...
    The race is a bit different right now. But very true.

The amount of news that has come out about Trump in the last 4yrs is waaayyy more than what was out in 2016. I wonder if there's any stat on if Fox News has fallen off a bit the last 2yrs compared to CNN. It's a bit telling when FoxNews anchors are going against Trump right now.

I do have faith people don't fall for Trump, and this race is a little less like 2016 when it seemed to be the perfect storm for Trump.