Page 123 of 132 FirstFirst ... 23 73 113 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 ... LastLast
Results 1,831 to 1,845 of 1979

Thread: The Coronavirus Pandemic

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: The Coronavirus Pandemic

Positive New:

A drug that actually helps - Dexamethasone

"This is tremendous news today from the Recovery trial showing that dexamethasone is the first drug to reduce mortality from COVID-19. It is particularly exciting as this is an inexpensive widely available medicine," Sir Patrick Vallance, the UK Government's chief scientific adviser, said in a news release from the Recovery Trial team on Tuesday.
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/16/healt...-bn/index.html

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-53061281

Dobber Sports Padawan

Dexamethasone? I'm pretty sure that's what they give to kids with Croup -- my daughter usually used to get it once or twice per year when she was younger, and they always gave her a dose of that at the hospital. My understanding is that it opens up the throat so you can breathe easier. Seems to fit COVID pretty well I guess!
    10-team H2H points keeper league, keep 4
    G: 2, A: 2, SOG: 0.15, Hit: 0.15, Block: 0.15, W: 3.5, Sv: 0.025, SO: 6
    7 F, 3 D, 1 G

2022-2023 Roster:
    F: Connor McDavid, Steven Stamkos, Artemi Panarin, Jack Hughes, Mark Stone, Josh Norris, Tyler Bertuzzi, PL Dubois, Sam Bennett, Tom Wilson (IR)
    D: Kris Letang, Drew Doughty, Brent Burns, Shayne Gostisbehere
    G: Ilya Sorokin, Thatcher Demko

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopo View Post
    Dexamethasone? I'm pretty sure that's what they give to kids with Croup -- my daughter usually used to get it once or twice per year when she was younger, and they always gave her a dose of that at the hospital. My understanding is that it opens up the throat so you can breathe easier. Seems to fit COVID pretty well I guess!
    It's a potent corticosteroid, basically a high-powered anti-inflammatory.

Dobber Sports Stud

i guess i should return all the bleach i bought.

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Master

As of today I can apparently visit my dad at his retirement home facility if I provide proof of a clean covid19 test within 14 days but can meet him at the entrance of building and take him out if he needs to attend med appointment without requiring to show clean test .

ontario canada

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    As of today I can apparently visit my dad at his retirement home facility if I provide proof of a clean covid19 test within 14 days but can meet him at the entrance of building and take him out if he needs to attend med appointment without requiring to show clean test .

ontario canada
    There are additional rules, I believe. Here's a summary: https://torontosun.com/news/provinci...ng-home-visits

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    Sadly it’s going to be another tough 4 years when Trump is re-elected.

Rylant
    Just for fun...the Economist has put out a model for the first time predicting a US election. It will be updated daily. It's starting with the following odds for Biden: winning electoral college (88%) and winning popular vote (98%).

https://projects.economist.com/us-20...rm=2020-06-18&

Dobber Sports Titan

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is expected to give an update this morning on the progress his government has made in the past few weeks on endorsing a contact tracing app to help clamp down on novel coronavirus outbreaks.
    https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/con...-app-1.5617121

What's everyone's thoughts on contact tracing? I'm for it. I'm in the camp that I want to know when I've come into contact with a positive covid case more than I'm against the gov't knowing what I'm doing. They can do that already, so I might as well benefit from it.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Ninja

Not interested in it. Won't install the app. I'm already getting used to leaving my phone at home when I leave the house unless I absolutely need it for something, and then I will often have it turned off except for when I need to make a phone call.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Not interested in it. Won't install the app. I'm already getting used to leaving my phone at home when I leave the house unless I absolutely need it for something, and then I will often have it turned off except for when I need to make a phone call.
    I'm assuming you use a flip phone because what's the point in having a smart phone if you have it off?

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    I'm assuming you use a flip phone because what's the point in having a smart phone if you have it off?
    I'm not sure what you mean. I do use it when I need it for things.

Dobber Sports Titan

I'm not sure what you mean. I do use it when I need it for things.
    So you have a smartphone, but don't bring it places, sometimes don't even have it on when you do have it? Sounds like it's being used like a home phone not a cell phone lol. Just not what I do.

Kind of reminds me of my now retired co-worker who used to just have his work cell plugged into the wall the whole shift next to his desk phone. Like what's the point Rob?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    So you have a smartphone, but don't bring it places, sometimes don't even have it on when you do have it? Sounds like it's being used like a home phone not a cell phone lol. Just not what I do.

Kind of reminds me of my now retired co-worker who used to just have his work cell plugged into the wall the whole shift next to his desk phone. Like what's the point Rob?
    I use the smart phone capabilities when I need them, but other than that no. A smart phone gives me a lot of excellent features that I can use when I want them. Things that a regular phone cant do. I can use it as a gps, to look up information that I need, etc. But when I dont need those features I turn it off or leave it at home.

I very much appreciate and use the features of a smart phone and am glad. I dont particularly care for the invasive tracking that companies like google and facebook have integrated into devices and so I try and minimize that as much as possible. I like my devices to serve me. Not the other way around

Dobber Sports Titan

I use the smart phone capabilities when I need them, but other than that no. A smart phone gives me a lot of excellent features that I can use when I want them. Things that a regular phone cant do. I can use it as a gps, to look up information that I need, etc. But when I dont need those features I turn it off or leave it at home.

I very much appreciate and use the features of a smart phone and am glad. I dont particularly care for the invasive tracking that companies like google and facebook have integrated into devices and so I try and minimize that as much as possible. I like my devices to serve me. Not the other way around
    Ok, to each is own!