Page 11 of 132 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 21 61 111 ... LastLast

Thread: The Coronavirus Pandemic

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: The Trump Presidency is Over/The Coronavirus Debacle

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    He's writing, not talking
    Meh, "take notice of and act on what someone says; respond to advice or a request."

Not all listening is auditory.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    This is what they refer to as sarcasm.
    It would actually make pretty good sense if nearly everything you said up to this point was sarcasm.

Usually I am really good at catching sarcasm, so I'm embarrassed. Carry on.

Administrator

Quick note here: If you're really passionate about the topic and really want change in the decision-making, there are far better ways to be heard and rally support than a hockey forum. The thread is fine as of right now, but if you want results then you should be trying to achieve those results. Unfortunately our forum is limited to hockey fans, and that's a very small slice of the population. By all means continue chatting here. It just won't achieve anything.

What's done is done and here we are. What can you do as of today to help the world come out of this better?

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quick note here: If you're really passionate about the topic and really want change in the decision-making, there are far better ways to be heard and rally support than a hockey forum. The thread is fine as of right now, but if you want results then you should be trying to achieve those results. Unfortunately our forum is limited to hockey fans, and that's a very small slice of the population. By all means continue chatting here. It just won't achieve anything.

What's done is done and here we are. What can you do as of today to help the world come out of this better?
    True words eric. True words.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Pro

Quick note here: If you're really passionate about the topic and really want change in the decision-making, there are far better ways to be heard and rally support than a hockey forum. The thread is fine as of right now, but if you want results then you should be trying to achieve those results. Unfortunately our forum is limited to hockey fans, and that's a very small slice of the population.

As of the past week I'm spending way more time than I should on my city's Facebook group trying to encourage people to take proper precautions and change their behavior on their own, since the Federal Government has refused to be proactive in mandating behaviors. I've posted valuable information on a daily basis, received thousands of reactions and hundreds of comments, answered dozens of questions, changed dozens or hundreds of minds, received many people's thanks for the time and effort, and even been asked to run for city council in the future. I wish I could think of a better way to effect change without leaving my home or place of business. I am open to ideas. Just stopped by here for the first time in a little while and couldn't help but let myself get pulled into the convo.

Dobber Sports Titan

Real question here. Do you consider the term "China-Virus" racist? Straight question that's it. Not if it should be used for fear issues, but the actual term for COVID-19 "China-Virus"?

I'mmmmm going to say I don't see it as racist. But it's not the term that should ever be used as a virus has no race. But, I'm pretty niave on this one. I don't see it as racist, but I can def get convinced as I'm not sure if it is or not.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Ninja

Well it's been interesting, but eric is right. I'll just finish with this https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/eco...irus-1.5501037

Pretty impressed with all levels of government (municipal, provincial, and federal) in my country right now. Perfect? Of course not. But they genuinely seem to want to try and take care of people through this, and that's important to me. See ya everyone. Enjoy the spring/summer.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    Why even reference our numbers being lower than most countries if you agree that our numbers don't reflect reality? We are heavily criticizing the Federal Government for not taking advantage of a multiple week head start on this to mitigate the situation much better than it has been. They buried their heads in the sand and did nothing with all of that valuable time. Make it about Trump himself or don't, but the fact is that his regime bungled the hell out of this thing and are going to get a whole bunch of people killed as a result. I'm not sure how that is defensible in any way unless you are prepared to abandon logic and reason.
    Not getting rid of the entire pandemic response team two years ago would have been a good start

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Real question here. Do you consider the term "China-Virus" racist? Straight question that's it. Not if it should be used for fear issues, but the actual term for COVID-19 "China-Virus"?

I'mmmmm going to say I don't see it as racist. But it's not the term that should ever be used as a virus has no race. But, I'm pretty niave on this one. I don't see it as racist, but I can def get convinced as I'm not sure if it is or not.
    I think it is. I have no problem saying the Covid-19 virus originating from China because that's accurate but to call it the China virus is a little off kilt.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Administrator

As of the past week I'm spending way more time than I should on my city's Facebook group trying to encourage people to take proper precautions and change their behavior on their own, since the Federal Government has refused to be proactive in mandating behaviors. I've posted valuable information on a daily basis, received thousands of reactions and hundreds of comments, answered dozens of questions, changed dozens or hundreds of minds, received many people's thanks for the time and effort, and even been asked to run for city council in the future. I wish I could think of a better way to effect change without leaving my home or place of business. I am open to ideas. Just stopped by here for the first time in a little while and couldn't help but let myself get pulled into the convo.
    Like I said the thread is fine. It just won't achieve anything. It's a black hole of arguing. I have chosen to focus my efforts closer to home and worry less about the circus at the federal government level. But if I was really set on getting Trump/Trudeau/others to acti differently I'd be going about it in a way that might actually impact some change. And if I don't get what I want initially I try harder.

The odds might seem small but so were my odds of beating obesity a few years ago.

Dobber Sports Titan

Trump was just asked why professional athletes get tests and aren't symptomatic, and he said "it's the world we live in". Then blamed the "system" as "obsolete" and then said his system is "very good job".

Didn't answer the question as of why. The reporter tried to ask again while Trump was going off on the "obsolete system" and Trump stopped him and said "let me finish".
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Pro

But if I was really set on getting Trump/Trudeau/others to acti differently I'd be going about it in a way that might actually impact some change.
    Trump won't change, and I don't hold any hope of making him change. At this point the hope is that enough people who currently worship him can be persuaded to reevaluate their position and see him for what he is. We need different leadership at the first possible opportunity and at all cost.

Dobber Sports Deity

Why would Trump change? In his eyes, he's perfect and can do no wrong.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Administrator

Trump won't change, and I don't hold any hope of making him change. At this point the hope is that enough people who currently worship him can be persuaded to reevaluate their position and see him for what he is. We need different leadership at the first possible opportunity and at all cost.
    If you move the needle a tiny bit you've done your part. That is, whichever needle it is you want to move.

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Trump was just asked why professional athletes get tests and aren't symptomatic, and he said "it's the world we live in". Then blamed the "system" as "obsolete" and then said his system is "very good job".

Didn't answer the question as of why. The reporter tried to ask again while Trump was going off on the "obsolete system" and Trump stopped him and said "let me finish".
    Obselete? lol He dismantled the CDC. I think that's worse than obselete.