Page 109 of 132 FirstFirst ... 9 59 99 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 119 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,635 of 1979

Thread: The Coronavirus Pandemic

Dobber Sports Jedi

Default Re: The Coronavirus Pandemic

Trump shouldn't be talking about any other countries death totals.

#selfawareness
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump
    Despite reports to the contrary, Sweden is paying heavily for its decision not to lockdown. As of today, 2462 people have died there, a much higher number than the neighboring countries of Norway (207), Finland (206) or Denmark (443). The United States made the correct decision!

Not necessarily true, Mr. President. We need a longer timeline to properly evaluate this.
    In the end, the graph of all countries may look very similar except that Sweden wouldn't have destroyed their economy (and, by extension, the lives of many Swedes) by shutting down.

Time will tell.
    I mean Trump is probably right with this tweet but... What?
    (sidenote: it's kinda crazy I'm now defending a Trump tweet and Auston's Willy is opposed to it?)

Is Trump now claiming (by now I mean April 30th at 5:45am EST because it could change by day's end) That the United States made the correct decision to "shutdown" via the numerous "shelter in place orders"?
    That would make sense as all of these orders, which are issued by states governors and not Trump, are made in accordance with Trump's administration recommendations and his proposed "14 days to flatten the curve".
    That's all well and good.

But does this also meant that he currently agrees with the shelter in place orders (which again are in accordance with his administration's recommendations) because as of 6 days ago he was tweeting for the "liberation" of Minnesota, Michigan and Virginia and was supporting protesters who were protesting shelter in place orders in those states. Ergo, he was opposed to the shelter-in-place orders (again that were in accordance with his administration) which were the a “lockdown” of society and the economy. But today he tweets about how Sweden is “paying heavily” for not locking down.

Trump at the same time is currently (I think, this is 2 days old) in favour of re-opening the state of Florida. Florida’s supposed strategy is to have high risk people stay at home at let the rest of the population return to more normal operations. This is of course the strategy that Sweden has employed, the strategy that Trump is attacking in the tweet above.

In conclusion, I agree with what Trump has tweeted above because that is what the bulk of the pandemic experts have consistently said and I like to trust science and the experts who study it.
    However, I’m not sure who Trump can reconcile his criticism of Sweden’s approach with his praise for states re-opening and his continual comments that he wants to get the “economy going again”.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    I mean Trump is probably right with this tweet but... What?
    (sidenote: it's kinda crazy I'm now defending a Trump tweet and Auston's Willy is opposed to it?)

Is Trump now claiming (by now I mean April 30th at 5:45am EST because it could change by day's end) That the United States made the correct decision to "shutdown" via the numerous "shelter in place orders"?
    That would make sense as all of these orders, which are issued by states governors and not Trump, are made in accordance with Trump's administration recommendations and his proposed "14 days to flatten the curve".
    That's all well and good.

But does this also meant that he currently agrees with the shelter in place orders (which again are in accordance with his administration's recommendations) because as of 6 days ago he was tweeting for the "liberation" of Minnesota, Michigan and Virginia and was supporting protesters who were protesting shelter in place orders in those states. Ergo, he was opposed to the shelter-in-place orders (again that were in accordance with his administration) which were the a “lockdown” of society and the economy. But today he tweets about how Sweden is “paying heavily” for not locking down.

Trump at the same time is currently (I think, this is 2 days old) in favour of re-opening the state of Florida. Florida’s supposed strategy is to have high risk people stay at home at let the rest of the population return to more normal operations. This is of course the strategy that Sweden has employed, the strategy that Trump is attacking in the tweet above.

In conclusion, I agree with what Trump has tweeted above because that is what the bulk of the pandemic experts have consistently said and I like to trust science and the experts who study it.
    However, I’m not sure who Trump can reconcile his criticism of Sweden’s approach with his praise for states re-opening and his continual comments that he wants to get the “economy going again”.
    I'm beginning to wonder if Trump treats Starbursts as an edible mood ring
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Ninja

Jair Bolsonaro of Brasil recently said "I am actually the Constitution."

If Donald Trump decides to say something similar in an attempt to stop the November election what will Americans do?

With every day of desperation and lunacy the chances of a situation like this go up. I still think it is quite low, but Bolsanro and Trump are very similar.

What will you do Americans?

I have no doubt Republicans will cheer and justify it, but what about the rest of the country? I suspect a couple days of marching and then everyone goes home to complain on twitter about how mean he is.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    Jair Bolsonaro of Brasil recently said "I am actually the Constitution."

If Donald Trump decides to say something similar in an attempt to stop the November election what will Americans do?

With every day of desperation and lunacy the chances of a situation like this go up. I still think it is quite low, but Bolsanro and Trump are very similar.

What will you do Americans?

I have no doubt Republicans will cheer and justify it, but what about the rest of the country? I suspect a couple days of marching and then everyone goes home to complain on twitter about how mean he is.
    It is a federal statute that the general election be held the Tuesday after the first Monday in November. In order to alter that date there would have to be bi-partisan cooperation which is highly unlikely.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    It is a federal statute that the general election be held the Tuesday after the first Monday in November. In order to alter that date there would have to be bi-partisan cooperation which is highly unlikely.
    And if Trump and the Republicans decide to come up with some kind of 'war time' reason, say related to COVID, that an election could not held, how would Americans react?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Don't get me wrong. I think the chances are extremely remote, and probably not even needed. There is enough voter suppression and gerrymandering going on down there that the elections are not even fair as it is, but I was just curious about what Americans would actually do in that situation.

Dobber Sports Ace

US Department of National Intelligence on April 30th: No evidence that COVID-19 was man-made or genetically modified.

Trump on April 30th: I've seen evidence that the virus was created in a Wahun lab.

Trump when asked about the DNI report: Who said that? (and then after being told) Who is that?

Just wow.

Dobber Sports Superstar

And if Trump and the Republicans decide to come up with some kind of 'war time' reason, say related to COVID, that an election could not held, how would Americans react?
    https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...ronavirus.html

This article does a great job of breaking down how Trump could use Covid to legally (most likely) steal the election from the voters.

I think it's more likely Republicans push hard to increase the voter suppression tactics they already employ. They will focus on purging voter rolls in Democratic heavy areas, so voters cannot apply for absentee or vote by mail ballots. They will close voting sites in Democratic areas while ensuring their are plenty in Republican dominated counties and they will raise up the fear around the dangers of voting in person.

Republicans have consistently done this before, however in the past while it has meant inconvenience (several hour long lines to vote) if Covid is still a concern it could literally mean voting becomes a life-or-death balancing act.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by LawMan View Post
    https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...ronavirus.html

This article does a great job of breaking down how Trump could use Covid to legally (most likely) steal the election from the voters.

I think it's more likely Republicans push hard to increase the voter suppression tactics they already employ. They will focus on purging voter rolls in Democratic heavy areas, so voters cannot apply for absentee or vote by mail ballots. They will close voting sites in Democratic areas while ensuring their are plenty in Republican dominated counties and they will raise up the fear around the dangers of voting in person.

Republicans have consistently done this before, however in the past while it has meant inconvenience (several hour long lines to vote) if Covid is still a concern it could literally mean voting becomes a life-or-death balancing act.
    This is depressing

Dobber Sports All-Star

Don't get me wrong. I think the chances are extremely remote, and probably not even needed. There is enough voter suppression and gerrymandering going on down there that the elections are not even fair as it is, but I was just curious about what Americans would actually do in that situation.
    I think the election likely goes ahead. And if it does, as Lawman says, the Republicans will use every dirty tactic in the tool box to win the election. Will they win? I don't know, but does anybody actually think Trump will leave office even if he were to lose? If Trump loses he will simply claim the election was stolen from him and stay in office. Anybody think otherwise?
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
    I think the election likely goes ahead. And if it does, as Lawman says, the Republicans will use ever dirty tactic in the tool box to win the election. Will they win? I don't know, but does anybody actually think Trump will leave office even if he were to lose? If Trump loses he will simply claim the election was stolen from him and stay in office. Anybody think otherwise?
    It is almost impossible to picture him accepting defeat of any kind.

Dobber Sports Star

Sadly, he will not need to defy the voters and "Stay in office". He will be re-elected.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    Sadly, he will not need to defy the voters and "Stay in office". He will be re-elected.

Rylant
    Exactly.. The Democrats cant get out of their own way.. I mean,, Biden is our choice(?)

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post

Rylant
    I am thinking it is about 50/50 right now.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen