Page 10 of 132 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 20 60 110 ... LastLast

Thread: The Coronavirus Pandemic

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: The Trump Presidency is Over/The Coronavirus Debacle

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I didn't realize that the pandemic was over and we stop counting today.
    I didn't realize we crucify people for things that "might" happen in the future.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by BreadManPanarin View Post
    Why even reference our numbers being lower than most countries if you agree that our numbers don't reflect reality? We are heavily criticizing the Federal Government for not taking advantage of a multiple week head start on this to mitigate the situation much better than it has been. They buried their heads in the sand and did nothing with all of that valuable time. Make it about Trump himself or don't, but the fact is that his regime bungled the hell out of this thing and are going to get a whole bunch of people killed as a result. I'm not sure how that is defensible in any way unless you are prepared to abandon logic and reason.
    I do recognize the numbers, in this point in time. It's actually the Majority of people on this thread that don't. If people were going to be honest and not just witch hunting they would saying man a lot of European country's really dropped the ball on this, looks like we might of as well but let's wait and see.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    I do recognize the numbers, in this point in time. It's actually the Majority of people on this thread that don't. If people were going to be honest and not just witch hunting they would saying man a lot of European country's really dropped the ball on this, looks like we might of as well but let's wait and see.
    Here in USA we have to control what we can control. We had the benefit of a ton of time to prepare. We watched what happened in Asia and we did nothing. We watched what happened in Europe and we did nothing. Not only did we do nothing, but we actively denied that it was even going to be a problem. Despite what scientists and experts were telling us, and despite what the clear evidence was in other countries. And by "we" I mean the Federal Government of the United States. The leader of which is Trump. Any good leader takes full responsibility for their team's failures. Now we don't know just yet how bad the CONSEQUENCES will be, you are right about that. But we can absolutely blame our leadership for the brutally ineffective and downright embarrassing job of PREPARATION that was done for this. That is on our leadership regardless of what happens. And if you don't choose to accept that and hold them accountable, then that is on you.

Dobber Sports Star

So the US's response is crap but what about all these other country's who have more cases per million than the US?

Italy- 521 cases per million (pm)
    Spain- 298 pm
    Germany- 135 pm
    S. Korea- 164 pm
    France- 188 pm
    Switzerland- 355 pm
    UK-39 pm
    Norway- 285 pm
    Sweden-128 pm

In fact there are 56 countrys with more case per million than the USA at 22 per million.

It takes time for a virus to cross oceans...

That gave North American a big advantage in having time to prepare and it's a pretty valid argument to say that time wasn't used as well as it could have.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I didn't realize we crucify people for things that "might" happen in the future.
    I am criticizing the US federal government's lack of urgency in the recent past. I am suggesting that it is going to lead to some horrible outcomes. I found it interesting that there is already a prepackaged excuse "It's China's fault!" already purcolating.

My hope is that the actions that individual states have already taken will mitigate a lot of the suffering I fear is coming in the US (as well as in other countries, including the one I live in). I am truly worried about the US specifically because of the structural health care issues down there, the anti-science and lying attitude of the man in charge, as well as the governing party in general, and the trending numbers that we see currently that line up in a scary way with the numbers that we see in a country like Italy.

My hope is that it's nowhere near as bad as it appears it may be. I'd rather not see the USA be in a situation like Italy. But I am concerned for people who live there and the response from the federal government (not just Trump, he's just the face of it currently) has been absolutely atrocious. Particularly for a country that likes to pretend it's the leader of the world.

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    it's a pretty valid argument to say that time wasn't used as well as it could have.
    That would be the understatement of the past decade. Right there with "Sidney Crosby is a pretty good hockey player."

Administrator

Criticizing a person's actions and witch-hunting are not the same thing at all. Sadly both are happening in large numbers in this thread.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by forumname View Post
    It takes time for a virus to cross oceans...

That gave North American a big advantage in having time to prepare and it's a pretty valid argument to say that time wasn't used as well as it could have.
    Not when we have thousands of jets landing daily on North American soil.

Dobber Sports Pro

Here's a metaphor:

Your hockey team has to play in the championship game in two weeks. The opposing team is very good, and has been crushing the competition. You are the coach of the team. You decide not to hold any practices for two weeks. You decide not to scout the other team or watch any of their video for weaknesses. You don't prepare the players in any way for what is coming. Furthermore, you publicly proclaim that the opposing team is nothing to worry about - they aren't any good and we'll crush them. Finally the day of the big game comes up and the opposing team goes up 1-0 in the first minute of the game. There are still 59 minutes to be played.

That is the situation we are in now, and Trump is the head coach of this team. Should any of the fans or players feel optimistic about how the rest of this game is going to go for us?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDog View Post
    China is the entire reason for this crisis, their initial response was to lie, cover it up and hide it from the world. If they had asked for help from the WHO right away instead of jailing the doctor who discovered it, the world would have had a 2 month head start.

They are still lying about their situation - if you think their numbers are going down you are beyond naive.

The Chinese government is uniquely and solely responsible for creating the crisis we are in now. The rest of the world reacted poorly for the most part, but that would have been a lot different if at any point in the debacle China had been honest. But they haven't, aren't and won't be. We all know it.

The SJW white-guilted virtue signalers crying racism and xenophobia seem to think that governments are a race. Because they say so.
    el oh el oh kay

keep mindlessly regurgitating those talking points you're being fed by your infallible Czar.

Dobber Sports Genius

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    el oh el oh kay

keep mindlessly regurgitating those talking points you're being fed by your infallible Czar.
    Am I missing something but the Virus did originate in China correct? And it was due to poor hygiene and live animal markets? Is that not fact...

Actually maybe it was Trumps fault for those trade wars he had with China, trying to ensure that North American citizens can compete with businesses that pay their employees next to nothing in very poor working conditions. This resulted in China deciding to release the virus because of Trump, as a big F U to the US.

Dobber Sports Pro

This resulted in China deciding to release the virus because of Trump, as a big F U to the US.
    Are you listening to yourself right now?

Administrator

He's writing, not talking

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports All-Star

I think Canucks_fan was kidding on this one Breadman, hehe...
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Dobber Sports Genius

This is what they refer to as sarcasm.