Page 45 of 132 FirstFirst ... 35 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 55 95 ... LastLast

Thread: The Coronavirus Pandemic

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: The Coronavirus Debacle

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    No, but they voted for an unqualified, irrational man. All the signs were there that he would be incompetent at the job and now we are seeing the results. We'll never know how many lives could have been saved if he started preparing for this pandemic in January like advisers recommended. Plus, his denial and flat-out wrong assessment of the situation in early day compounded by his lapdog Fox News repeating his talking points caused behavior by his base which resulted in a faster spread of the disease and thus more lives to be lost.
    And the exact same argument could have been made if there was someone else running the province.

What so many of the people complaining about Trump in these times fail to realize is that this is virus that is doing the damage and not politics.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    No, I am afraid I understand the point that is trying to be made. That is that people voted for death. And that all the deaths are a direct result of the political parties in power... because people voted for that political party.

I think the real point that needs to be understood is that... COVID 19 is not political... bot Republicans and Democrats can catch it...we only have the information we have and we do not know how many deaths would have been prevented or how many more deaths there would have been if there was a different party in power.

So to blame the deaths on the people that voted and saying 'they reap what they sow' is more about politics than it is about COVID 19.
    Let me put it in an overly simplistic way that you'll understand.

If a woman decides to marry a man who is clearly volatile and has a history of abusing her, then she shouldn't be surprised when he continues to beat the shit out of her after they're married.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    Again, true. But not the point.
    They don't have time to wait for scientific evidence, which will take months. They're doing the best they can, given the restraints they're under.
    And the existing evidence, non-scientific, is apparently enough for some doctors to be hopeful. They're hopeful, so I'm hopeful.
    Ok. I think we've come to the agreement that there isn't any actual evidence for the treatment, but there is reasons to be optimistic and hopeful that the upcoming clinical trials could bear results. Acceptable compromise.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Ok. I think we've come to the agreement that there isn't any actual evidence for the treatment, but there is reasons to be optimistic and hopeful that the upcoming clinical trials could bear results. Acceptable compromise.
    Yes, that's fair. Agreed.

Dobber Sports Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Auston'sWilly View Post
    Yes, that's fair. Agreed.

Holy F--- it Happened
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Star

What so many of the people complaining about Trump in these times fail to realize is that this is virus that is doing the damage and not politics.
    Man, it's both! The amount of deaths is related to what leaders choose to do to combat the virus.

Dobber Sports Sage

And the exact same argument could have been made if there was someone else running the province.

If a Democratic President made the same decisions and acted the same way, I would criticize that person as well. You are right, the virus is doing the damage BUT if the proper precautions had been made the death toll would not be as high as it will be. When this is over there will be studies and estimates made on how many lives Trump could have saved if he handled this correctly.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Star

If a Democratic President made the same decisions and acted the same way, I would criticize that person as well. You are right, the virus is doing the damage BUT if the proper precautions had been made the death toll would not be as high as it will be. When this is over there will be studies and estimates made on how many lives Trump could have saved if he handled this correctly.
    To be completely fair, he could have handled it worse as well. Much, much worse.

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Let me put it in an overly simplistic way that you'll understand.

If a woman decides to marry a man who is clearly volatile and has a history of abusing her, then she shouldn't be surprised when he continues to beat the shit out of her after they're married.
    If you read all the comments your analogy lacks some critical parts... Where does Trump have any passed experience with pandemics? Does he? No..... No one does!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Jedi

I laid that out my estimates three pages back.. it got buried quickly while voting for death.

- - - Updated - - -

If you read all the comments your analogy lacks some critical parts... Where does Trump have any passed experience with pandemics? Does he? No..... No one does!
    He does have experience in spankings.

Administrator

Without pointing any fingers, it's easy to see some countries faring better than others. There's tons of factors here and it's very simple-minded to point the finger at a single person for a good or bad result. All we know is the results are better in some places than others. From there you have to use your brain (I know, difficult, but give it a try) to figure out why.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Quote Originally Posted by lucafen4 View Post
    I laid that out my estimates three pages back.. it got buried quickly while voting for death.

- - - Updated - - -

He does have experience in spankings.
    Spankings... is that going to be the next pandemic?

​​

Dobber Sports Jedi

Spankings... is that going to be the next pandemic?
    Too expensive. He paid thousands for his

Quote Originally Posted by ericdaoust View Post
    Without pointing any fingers, it's easy to see some countries faring better than others. There's tons of factors here and it's very simple-minded to point the finger at a single person for a good or bad result. All we know is the results are better in some places than others. From there you have to use your brain (I know, difficult, but give it a try) to figure out why.
    Well said! Just take a look at all the people on beaches in during Spring Break.. can you point to any one person to blame for that recklessness?

​​

Dobber Sports Star

Well said! Just take a look at all the people on beaches in during Spring Break.. can you point to any one person to blame for that recklessness?
    No, but when your leader says it's nothing to worry about, does that help or hurt? People look to their leaders for guidance.