Page 7 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 17 ... LastLast

Thread: NHL pauses regular season because of coronavirus

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: NHL pauses regular season because of coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by lobo1969 View Post
    You know what? We can revisit that comment in a few weeks/months because when it comes to the high level political blame/posturing of many governments right now the Chinese government won't be the only ones looking like the villain. There is still a lot more to transpire before this crisis passes.
    Agreed. Most governments dropped the ball. Some even actively downplayed the virus and have been left scrambling with improper resources and personnel.
    KHL Fantasy Hockey League Keep 8
    3-C 3-RW 3-LW 6-D 2-G

Forward 5-G 3-A 1.0 STP
    D-Men 6-G 4-A 1.5 STP
    .35 Shot .4 Hit .4 Block .1 FOW
    Goalie 6.5 Win .25 Save -2.5 GA 2-SO

C- Larkin, Hischer, Horvat, R. Thomas
    LW- Stamkos, Hyman, Kreider, Lehkonen,
    RW- Laine, Marchessault, Toffoli. Buchnevich
    D- Doughty, Burns, Letang, Andersson (IR), Faulk, Toews, Pionk, Petry
    G- Vasilevskiy, Copley, Andersen

Administrator

All we can do is focus on what we can control. The rest is happening regardless.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Icon

Quote Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
    Agreed. Most governments dropped the ball. Some even actively downplayed the virus and have been left scrambling with improper resources and personnel.
    The Canadian Government in particular looks pathetically ineffective, indecisive and weak. The media parroted the "no/low risk in Canada" narrative when early on it was obvious to a lot of people (including the WHO) that this was going to get extremely serious. I'm a cook ffs and I was better informed than the Canadian government and media.

It took the Blackface-Boy Prime Minister's wife getting it to spur the government to do anything ("you mean rich elite whites can get it too? Tom Hanks??? OH SH!T DO SOMETHING."), and what they have done is half-assed and not nearly effective enough. A lot of 'requests' but not much action.

Who knows how long it will be until we can look back and properly evaluate it, but the government failed and continues to fail to protect us on so many levels. There needs to be accountability and consequences for their dereliction of duty. I'm sure that will play out in many, many countries across the world. Except probably China.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I think Canada has done a really good job so far. One of the best in the world in my opinion.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by doulos View Post
    I think Canada has done a really good job so far. One of the best in the world in my opinion.
    what has Canada actually done? The government hasn’t done anything. Organizations within Canada have done more than the government.

I think the NBA is the biggest contributor to Canada actually doing things. And it the NHL and other organizations that followed suit that resulted in Canada doing things. But again, if the NBA and NHL didn’t suspend their season then Canada probably would still be inactive about it.

Gary Bettman would make a better Prime Minister than PMJT
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Icon

Oh my god, I am sure the Italians were saying the same thing about their government a few weeks ago. Give it a couple weeks.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Canada has done a horrible job. Only yesterday did the government begin to truly mobilize and take appropriate measures. We're just following the US as usual (and they were SUPER SLOW).

I remember just Tuesday, the municipal government here in Toronto was encouraging everyone to take TTC. 3 days later the city is practically on lockdown. Shows what they know...

Dobber Sports Ninja

I completely disagree. I cant stand Trudeau or Jason Kenney but both of them have done excellent jobs relative to the rest of the world. They have deferred to the experts. Kudos to them. Big time.

Dobber Sports Ninja

I completely disagree. I cant stand Trudeau or Jason Kenney but both of them have done excellent jobs relative to the rest of the world. They have deferred to the experts. Kudos to them. Big time.
    What exactly has Trudeau done before yesterday? He's followed the US on travel advisories, stimulus packages and BOC has followed the Fed on rate cuts.

Canada is just parroting the US as usual, and the US is unfortunately led by a buffoon who up until a few days ago was treating this pandemic as a joke...

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Trudeau player follow the leaders. He didn’t make decisions. Others made decisions, his wife got COVID19 and then he decide it was time to follow along like the little puppy dog he is.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    What exactly has Trudeau done before yesterday? He's followed the US on travel advisories, stimulus packages and BOC has followed the Fed on rate cuts.

Canada is just parroting the US as usual, and the US is unfortunately led by a buffoon who up until a few days ago was treating this pandemic as a joke...
    Following the USA on this pandemic is the last thing any country should do.

Dobber Sports Ninja

clearly you dont agree. fine with me

Dobber Sports Star

It’s a tough situation for any government to be in. You have to try to protect your citizens as best you can, while minimizing the effect that any restrictions have, all while trying to control a panicked country. At the end of the day, I am certain that the panic and restrictions are going to cause far more damage to society, than the actual virus ever will.

Rylant

Dobber Sports Wizard

The federal government has done a great job over the last couple of days but they should have acted weeks ago instead of waiting. It was easy to predict that this epidemic would come to Canada. They should now be stricter and close the borders the way some European countries are doing. If Canadians are irresponsible and still travel abroad now then they should be forcibly quarantined (not voluntarily as that does not work ) upon return to Canada. Yeah, only harsh Draconian measures work when you have a large number of the population acting irresponsibly and selfishly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    It’s a tough situation for any government to be in. You have to try to protect your citizens as best you can, while minimizing the effect that any restrictions have, all while trying to control a panicked country. At the end of the day, I am certain that the panic and restrictions are going to cause far more damage to society, than the actual virus ever will.

Rylant
    Unless the virus crashes the health care system the way it has done in Italy.
    I can't promise I'll try but I'll try to try.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Quote Originally Posted by Rylant View Post
    At the end of the day, I am certain that the panic and restrictions are going to cause far more damage to society, than the actual virus ever will.

Rylant
    You sound like Trump did last week