Page 17 of 31 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 27 ... LastLast

Thread: NHL pauses regular season because of coronavirus

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Re: NHL pauses regular season because of coronavirus

It's not the teams' NHLPA reps, it's different reps for the Return to Play Committee. No mention of a Winnipeg representative though.

NHL, players form Return to Play Committee

The NHL and NHLPA have formed a Return to Play committee to develop plans to potentially restart the NHL season, according to a report by the New York Post’s Larry Brooks on Saturday.

Brooks reports that the committee is comprised of commissioner Gary Bettman, deputy commissioner Bill Daly, and senior vice presidents Colin Campbell and Steve Hatze Petros on the NHL side, and Donald Fehr, Mathieu Schneider, general counsel Don Zavelo, divisional representative Steve Webb, and players John Tavares, Connor McDavid, James van Riemsdyk and Ron Hainsey on the NHLPA side. Medical advisers also participate in discussions, which are held over conference calls.

Daly on Friday told TSN that he doesn’t believe that if the season were to restart, a player or multiple players testing positive for coronavirus would necessarily shut down the entire season again. Daly did tell Brooks though that anyone who tests positive "would be immediately removed from the mix.”

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

NHL expected to open facilities in May sometime.
    It was reported last week that at least one NHL team informed its players to get ready to report for informal workouts beginning May 15.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Is it bad that I want to turn off my Score notifications because 4 times a day Im getting articles on how every sport is considering this and that? Yes of course they are. Just tell me when it's starting!

Sorry that's my rant/post for the week. Hope everyone is staying safe and healthy.

Dobber Sports Jedi

I've done the same thing...
    What's worse... I keep getting emails about an illegal roster
    Follow me on twitter: @doylelb4

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Is it bad that I want to turn off my Score notifications because 4 times a day Im getting articles on how every sport is considering this and that? Yes of course they are. Just tell me when it's starting!

Sorry that's my rant/post for the week. Hope everyone is staying safe and healthy.
    Yeah I shut off all my notifications.
    Also, the emails from every single company I've ever ordered from one time telling me how they are handling Covid and "we're all in this together".
    Gaaaah
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Superstar

Umm this is something, maybe, I guess??

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    NEW YORK/TORONTO (April 29, 2020)
    – Following the NHL/NHLPA Return to Play Committee’s meeting today, and in line with guidance provided by medical experts and national and local authorities, the NHLPA and the NHL issued the following statement regarding the continuing pause in the 2019-20 season:

Despite numerous reports and speculation over the last several days, the NHL and the NHLPA have not made any decisions or set a timeline for possible return to play scenarios.

Given recent developments in some NHL Clubs’ local communities, we are now looking ahead to a Phase 2 of the transition period that would follow the currently recommended Phase 1 period of “self-quarantine” by Players and Hockey Staff.

The precise date of transition to Phase 2, during which Players might return to small group activities in NHL Club training facilities, remains undetermined. However, provided that conditions continue to trend favorably – and, subject to potential competitive concerns as between disparately situated markets – we believe we may be able to move to Phase 2 at some point in the mid-to-later portion of May. Specific guidelines governing Player and Hockey Staff activity would be provided at that time. In the meantime, we expect

Players and Hockey Staff to continue to adhere to the recommended guidelines put in place when the season was paused on March 12.

The Return to Play Committee will continue to meet regularly.
    https://www.hockeyfeed.com/nhl-news/...fvBWQKnLGtguaI
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Ninja

Pretty sure NBA will be the first to accept the reality and cancel the season and then all the other leagues will follow suit.

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post
    Pretty sure NBA will be the first to accept the reality and cancel the season and then all the other leagues will follow suit.
    And then the number of fans of the PBR will sky-rocket!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Genius

Aaron Ward was on Montreal radio today. He's 80% certain the league will resume in June. He expects a call to players abroad in the coming weeks, and for players to resume skating by mid-late May. He says his ear is pretty close to the ground. Take it for what it is - speculation at this point.
    Hockey Pools? Too many to mention. Points only, salary cap and dynasty.

Administrator

Well clearly there are plans in place. A lot of things have to go right for this to be possible, even beyond the four host cities and travel/borders. The PA has to agree before they go back to work.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Newbie

I hope all schedule will be moved forward and we will have opportunity to see all games this year right after coronavirus.

Dobber Sports Titan

Pat McAfee on his radio show today said there's a rumour the NHL will start informal skates May 15th. MLB July 1st is the rumoured start date

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfhjJCOYTpU
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Superstar

Ontario Says Pro Teams Can Open Training Facilities

https://www.tsn.ca/ontario-says-pro-...ties-1.1473848

The Ontario provincial government announced Friday it is enacting an emergency order that will allow athletes from professional sports teams in the province to start training at their club facilities, effective immediately.

The order covers NHL, NBA, MLB, MLS and CFL clubs that play in the province, but it is up to each league to decide how to proceed. Amateur athletes and those who play in lower-tiered professional leagues in Ontario have not received the same level of clearance.
    Athletes can return to their team’s training facilities, provided they are permitted by their league and adhere to strict health protocols, which means they must abide by physical distancing rules and stay in small groups. Teams are not permitted to run full practices or workouts with their entire roster at this time.
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Titan

The Raptors are allowed 1 player and 1 coach in the facility at any given time. just 1 and 1
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Monster

“I believe that if the right time comes, and the right circumstances, based on all of the options that we’re considering and our ability to execute them, we’ll get this season done,” Bettman said, via Curtis Pashelka of The Mercury News. “I don’t want to sound Pollyanna, but cancelling is too easy a solution. That means you stop working hard to do all of the things that we’re doing, and I ultimately believe that there will be an opportunity.”

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/...er-nhl-season/

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry