Thread: Zegras vs Debrincat

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Zegras vs Debrincat

I got Zegras and someone offered me Debrincat in exchange.

Salary cap league where the cat is due for a pretty important raise.

I know that it's often better to go with the safe route but what is their ceiling in your opinion? Zegras looked so damn good in the WJC.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Zegras vs Debrincat

Well, unfortunately the WJC is not the NHL and that's a significant point that needs to be made. I am a Zegras owner and I love his upside, but that upside is not guaranteed and it will be a wait before we know for sure. The Cat is pretty already there and despite an off year this year his upside remains high, perhaps higher than that of Zegras and is he is basically three years ahead of Zegras in his development curve. That said, a cap league certainly makes this a tougher problem. I think it boils down to whether you think 6.4 is a friendly contract for a guy with the Cats skill and projected upside. IMO, it is. If your team is a contender this year and next then I look for a way to fit the Cat into my roster. If your team is weaker and building, build with Zegras. Hope this helps.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I appreciate a lot! Thanks for the details.

I'll sleep on it and take a decision tomorrow. I think I'll go for Debrincat

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    Well, unfortunately the WJC is not the NHL and that's a significant point that needs to be made. I am a Zegras owner and I love his upside, but that upside is not guaranteed and it will be a wait before we know for sure. The Cat is pretty already there and despite an off year this year his upside remains high, perhaps higher than that of Zegras and is he is basically three years ahead of Zegras in his development curve. That said, a cap league certainly makes this a tougher problem. I think it boils down to whether you think 6.4 is a friendly contract for a guy with the Cats skill and projected upside. IMO, it is. If your team is a contender this year and next then I look for a way to fit the Cat into my roster. If your team is weaker and building, build with Zegras. Hope this helps.
    I agree , especially the last line
    17th season keeper league with salary cap,16 teams ,max 38 players per team,UFA/RFA system,contracts.
    Cats:fwd(1pt=1pt)top 6 count -Bratt/Hischier/Kakko/Hintz/Meier/W.Johnston/Mercer/Lafrénière/Perfetti/Zibanejad//Mercer/Holtz/Panarin/Kreider/
    D(G=2,A=1.5)top 4 count- A.Fox/Heiskanen/K.Miller/Hutson
    Goalies(save%,W,SO)top 2 count-Shesterkin/Oettinger
    plus 4 other cats: top powerfwd(Trocheck)
    setupman(J.Hughes),sniper(J.Robertson)rookie(M.Bou rque/G.Perreault/Stankoven)

Playoffs Champion 2009, 2010, 2018
    Reg.season Champion 2011-12,2012-13,2016-17,2017-18,2018-19,2022-23