Thread: Tarasenko, Hamilton, Giordano

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Tarasenko, Hamilton, Giordano

Currently starting our play offs and I'm on a bye so I've got two weeks to fine tune my semi final roster.

At the moment I'm carrying Giordano, Hamilton and Tarasenko and wondering if anyone has any input on potential returns.

St Louis didn't make a splash yesterday so assuming Tarasenko comes back at some point. I've heard he's skating and wondering what people think his expected timetable for return is?

I draftedd Hamilton and I've held until we get a definitive yes or no on returning this year. I'm thinking it's likely a no and with Carolina picking up two defenders at the deadline I think we're probably looking at him being done for the year and safe to drop? Thoughts?

Finally Giordano seems the most likely to return in the next two weeks so I'm not too concerned there.

Anyone have any insight on the above or think things will be clarified in the next two weeks?
    --------------------------------------------
    10 team ESPN H-2-H each cat, Keep 3 league, 7 P/U p/wk
    20 man roster, 15 start, 5 bench, 1 IR
    Position min - 2xF, 2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 1xUtil, 2xG, 5xBench

G, A, PIM, PPP, SHP, SOG, Hits, Blocks, D-Point, W, SVs, SO, SV%

2015 - Third
    2016 - Winner
    2017 - Third
    2018 - Runner Up
    2019 - Winner
    2021 - Winner
    2022 - Runner Up

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Tarasenko, Hamilton, Giordano

St Louis has the least amount of games to play toward the end of the season, in a one year league with only 10 teams. I would drop Tarasenko and Hamilton. Carolina as you stated is making a run with the options that they just traded for and on the current roster. I am willing to bet there are solid options to replace these guys.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Cut Hamilton
    Tarasenko if he's back will be the final week of the regular season is my guess, so minimal fantasy value there, I would cut him too.

Gio is skating and likely back the soonest, I would hold him for now. Can you wait until Saturday to make the moves? If so it does not hurt to buy yourself a few extra days.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Tarasenko is a major wild card, he's on the team road trip but won't be playing. Armstrong said he'd like to get him in as many games as possible not just a few in the last week. So he could make a surprise return sooner. My speculation is that they'd like to get him 8-10 games if he's 100% ready to go. I gambled and put him on my IR but won't surprised if he doesn't play. Hamilton is done for the season.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by BenTrovato View Post
    Tarasenko is a major wild card, he's on the team road trip but won't be playing. Armstrong said he'd like to get him in as many games as possible not just a few in the last week. So he could make a surprise return sooner. My speculation is that they'd like to get him 8-10 games if he's 100% ready to go. I gambled and put him on my IR but won't surprised if he doesn't play. Hamilton is done for the season.
    This. I did the same. Hamilton is done for the season. Giordano is more likely to play sooner, but hasn't been very good.
    In a 10 league where we start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D and 2 G daily. It is a H2H league - we keep 3 players (1 G max), are allowed a max of 2 keeps for each player. The number in brackets is the number of keeps I have left:

G, A, +/-, PIMs, PPG, PPA and Shots.
    C - Larkin, Couturier, Kopitar, Cirelli
    LW - OV, Panarin (1), Schenn (C), Ehlers (RW), Kreider
    RW - Kucherov (0), Seguin (C), Palmieri, Voracek, Yamamoto
    D - Yandle, DeAngelo

W, GAA, SV% and Saves.
    G - Rask, Varlamov, Hart, Mrazek
    IR+ - Tarasenko

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Lets not forget STL plays the least amount of games in the fantasy playoffs just saying.
    Yahoo Fantasy League H2H 12 Team Six Keeper League
    El Volantes

C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, D, D, D, D, Util, G, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR+, IR+, IR+, NA

Stats:
    G,A,PPP, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK, W, GAA, SV% and Shutouts.

4 game minimum starts for goalies per week.

Centers - Couturier/Hayes(C)
    Left Wing - Tartar(LW,RW)/Laine(LW,RW)
    Right Wing – Stamkos(C,LW,RW)//E. Lindholm(C,RW)
    Utility Guy – J McCann (C,LW)
    D-Men -- Fox/Provorov/Slavin/Pulock
    Goalies - Hart/Nedeljkovic/Bobrovsky/Elliott/Halak

Bench –Cirelli(C,RW)/Hughes(LW,C)/Lehtonen (D)/Kubalik(LW/RW)

IR -- Raanta (G)

"The Dude Abides."

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by BenTrovato View Post
    Agreed. Gio was actually reported to be playing yesterday, took full line rushes in practice then did not take warmups. Gio is likely back this week.

Tank is a major wildcard, if he is costing you a roster spot I would be tempted to cut him as soon as head-to-head playoffs start.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR