Page 11 of 65 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 DobberBaseball League

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: 2020 DobberBaseball League

You've all heard of Zero RB??? Im going for a Zero SP strategy this year.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    You've all heard of Zero RB??? Im going for a Zero SP strategy this year.
    Strategies like that are usually more effective if you don't tell us, especially when you're inside the turn haha.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Was tempted to try that for once but our min 32 innings/ week changed my mind

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Strategies like that are usually more effective if you don't tell us, especially when you're inside the turn haha.
    hockeyrobot is a smart guy..... if it was actually his strategy... he wouldn't tell us.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

Man, I dislike how much I'm thinking about picks right now.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinHunter View Post
    hockeyrobot is a smart guy..... if it was actually his strategy... he wouldn't tell us.
    Haha yaaaaaa pretty much.....

Haha yaaaaaa pretty much.....
    Sorry for calling your bluff!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Immortal

I actually just assumed Scherzer would be gone so I didn't even consider him....then I started looking at the numbers because I saw he could make it to me.

Then he didn't.

Dobber Sports Titan

I wasn't expecting either of Scherzer or Buehler to make it to my pick so I had to do some quick deliberation on which I wanted. Not surprised to see WB go with the next pick.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!

Dobber Sports Immortal

If Scherzer is healthy I think he takes the Cy Young. If he is not....Buehler should have about 28 wins so hoping he does.

Dobber Sports Titan

If Scherzer is healthy I think he takes the Cy Young. If he is not....Buehler should have about 28 wins so hoping he does.
    Yeah, it'll probably come down to health. I took the young guy with my first pick, so it's a bit of a balance with the second pick.

Dobber Sports Deity

I was reading a fantasy site (I wont say what one) but their philosophy in a smaller league (10-12) teams is never draft pitching in the first couple rounds and to focus on the bats. I am going to try that and see where it gets me this year. I normally cant draft pitching to save my life anyway so I guess it cant be a bad strategy early on.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    I was reading a fantasy site (I wont say what one) but their philosophy in a smaller league (10-12) teams is never draft pitching in the first couple rounds and to focus on the bats. I am going to try that and see where it gets me this year. I normally cant draft pitching to save my life anyway so I guess it cant be a bad strategy early on.
    I recall reading a similar article last year and considered doing that.... I liked the theory behind it, but then realized it was for the standard 10 category league... so I chickened out and didn't do it for ours!

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    That's usually how I feel too, but I couldn't pass up Scherzer staring me in the face there.

Dobber Sports Deity

I so wanted to take a SP with my 2nd pick early in the 2nd round because I normally cant find SPs when I need them, but I stuck to my guns and went with another big bat. We'll see this year if it was a mistake or not. Normally I dont suck at fantasy baseball as badly as I do fantasy football LOL!
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."