Thread: Is Shesterkin a good spot start Wednesday at home against Toronto?

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Default Is Shesterkin a good spot start Wednesday at home against Toronto?

Categories are Wins, SV%, GAA, and Shutouts. Need 3 starts minimum. Not league in sig.

Maple Leafs have Hutchinson in net, who is bad. Week has started great so far (2 shutouts in my 2 starts), thinking of sitting him to preserve ratio lead, but only up 2-1 in wins.

Could use Elliott versus the Devils on Thursday, or Greiss or Murray at some point later in the week.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re: Is Shesterkin a good spot start Wednesday at home against Toronto?

I'd roll with Shesterkin tonight. NYR been playing well in front of him.
    H2H 12-Team Keeper (8 + 4 rookies*) - G, A, P, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, SOG, FW, HIT, BLK / W, GAA, SA, SV%, SHO

C: Larkin, RNH, Kuznetsov
    LW: Draisaitl, Keller, Meier, Lehkonen, Benn
    RW: DeBrincat, Reinhart, Boldy
    D: Q. Hughes, Weeger, Gudas, York, Andersson, Durzi
    G: Skinner*, Talbot, Allen, Stolarz, Wolf*
    IR+: Larkin, Trouba, Vilardi

H2H 12-Team - G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, GWG, SOG, HIT, BLK / W, GAA, SV, SV%, SHO
    C:
    LW:
    RW:
    D:
    IR:
    G:

Dobber Sports Ace

2015-16-17, 23 Champion
    12Team Roto Keeper (5keepers) Weekly lineups
    Player: G, A,+/-, PPG, PPA, SOG = 2pts
    Player: +/-, Blocked Shots = 1pt
    Goalie: GGP, GAA, SPct, W, SO = 1pt
    Lineup: 3C, 4W, 4D 2G, 6Farm/Prospect Players

C: C.McDavid, T.Thompson
    W: K.Kaprizov, ,
    D: A. Fox,
    G: I.Shesterkin,

Farm/Prospects free carry: C: M. Savoie W:
    D: L. Hutson G: D. Levi

Dobber Sports Genius

Staple Shesterkin to the bench tonight.

1.) The Maple Leafs are the highest scoring ROAD team this year.
    2.) You have other goalie options this week.
    3.) You have 2 shutouts already this week.
    4.) Shesterkin plays for the worst team of the goalies you have remaining this week.
    - I said... "God damn this tablet is heavy!"

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Moses View Post
    Staple Shesterkin to the bench tonight.

1.) The Maple Leafs are the highest scoring ROAD team this year.
    2.) You have other goalie options this week.
    3.) You have 2 shutouts already this week.
    4.) Shesterkin plays for the worst team of the goalies you have remaining this week.
    I generally like this thinking but also want to know what the opponents periperhals are like. 2 W, 2 SO perfect peripherals means if you only take 1 more start, like any start, you're going to win SV%, GAA and SO. Taking more than 1 more start is risking 3 categories to win an additional category (W). However given the perfect performance thus far you also have some leeway for a bad start.

Without knowing more I would cautiously start Shesterkin in hopes of being greedy and sweeping goalies. The only exception is if your opponent has stellar numbers like under 2.00 and above .935 so far this week.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

For more ino:

Opponent peripherals are good, not great. 1 win, 2.44 GAA, .923 SV%

I'm leaning towards playing him, as keeping Elliott benched the rest of the week yields more skater games for me, and I do need 1 more start. I can't count on him starting again, even with the Rangers playing Friday/Sunday, and neither the Penguins nor Islanders have a back to back, so Jarry & Varlamov could get both starts.

Thanks for the feedback. Rep given where possible.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Genius

Is one extra skater on Thursday worth it? You know the league better than us.

I like Elliott at home against the Devils more than Shesterkin versus the Leafs. The Devils are one of the lowest-scoring teams on the road and the Leafs are one of the highest.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Man I'm in similar boat. 3 game min also and I started off with both wins. 1 shutout and a .49 GAA. My opponent hasent even played a game yet. I want to play Igor cause I get excited when I get to use him. I'm leaning more on using Grubauer for his back to back this weekend playing Columbus and Min. I also have Greiss and Rantaa.
    I almost want to put him in cause if he's lights out call It a week and if not try to make up for it with other tenders.
    My opponent has Demko Murray and Smith.
    It's close to game time, pondering if I should put Igor in or not.

I made the call to play him due to needing skaters in this matchup for scoring. I figure he is reasonably likely to get a win, and hoping for decent ratios.

b.27, I like Grubauer a lot as your option, but you may have played Igor already.

Dobber Sports Master

Well, he won. 27 of 30, .900. That's pretty ok.
    Blades of Steel
    9 Team Full Keeper - Pts Only (G,A,W,SO)

Crosby, Wheeler, Bergeron, Forsberg, Connor, Kopitar, E.Lindholm, Pastrnak, DeBrincat, Fiala
    Jones, Klingberg, Hamilton, Theodore, Letang
    Saros, Shesterkin
    Garland, Vrana, Bjorkstrand, Verhaege, Backstrom, Karlsson, Perunovich, Spurgeon, Pulock, Hellebuyck

Yep. I will likely lose wins, but a 0.99 GAA & .962 SV% is going to be hard for my opponent to catch. Let the benchings begin.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I didn't play him. Decided to wait and go with Grubauer. Hope my master plan works.

Dobber Sports Genius

I like Elliott at home against the Devils more than Shesterkin versus the Leafs. The Devils are one of the lowest-scoring teams on the road and the Leafs are one of the highest.
    I don't know why I even both to chime in on these goalie start questions.

I don't know why I even both to chime in on these goalie start questions.
    Your input is always welcome, even if you turn out to be wrong. You gave me facts, and I made my decision including those facts. When Coleman scored so quickly, I was thinking: "This could get ugly, glad Elliott not's in my lineup. Very glad Coleman got me a goal."