Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Shesterkin recalled

Dobber Sports Deity

Default Re: Shesterkin recalled

Quote Originally Posted by LuigiC173 View Post
    the problem is finding a suitor, the Rangers may be the only team okay with juggling 3 goalies right now. Arizona won't take probably just to fill a temp void, SJ in cap hell, Devils would never in their right mind trade with the enemy, who else really needs a goalie right now ya know. My dark horse for a suitor and a recent trade history exists is Buffalo who have for some time now had a glaring hole in net. Hutton always s*its his pants in due time and Ullmark cannot be a regular #1. My hope is desperation to make and succeed in playoffs whilst Eichel in his prime pressures them into a deal. They want to give my Rangers Ristolainen for example and Georgiev is all yours.
    Georgiev is making next to nothing. I can't see many teams not being able to take his contract on.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Grand Master

There are a few teams where Georgiev should instantly be the best goalie on the roster, but some of those teams are tanking, or at least not trying very hard at assembling a good roster, or are San Jose.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Master

Shesterkin is going back to the AHL and this will be sorted at the NHL entry draft. I don’t think the Rangers believe they will rise this kid (however good he is) to the playoffs. They are in no rush for the Russian.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Dikoi View Post
    Good insight here and this just adds weight to what I think is going to happen, the Rangers should try to trade Georgiev now, I don’t think his value can be any higher than it is currently
    the problem is finding a suitor, the Rangers may be the only team okay with juggling 3 goalies right now. Arizona won't take probably just to fill a temp void, SJ in cap hell, Devils would never in their right mind trade with the enemy, who else really needs a goalie right now ya know. My dark horse for a suitor and a recent trade history exists is Buffalo who have for some time now had a glaring hole in net. Hutton always s*its his pants in due time and Ullmark cannot be a regular #1. My hope is desperation to make and succeed in playoffs whilst Eichel in his prime pressures them into a deal. They want to give my Rangers Ristolainen for example and Georgiev is all yours.

I would absolutely prefer the Rangers to move him now so Shesterkin can start getting a real taste of his future. We aren’t winning anything this season. Yet the team I feel hasn’t fully commited to the rebuild. They are in a bit of a state of limbo,holding some pieces that are preventing a full rebuild but also aren’t putting us over the top to win. Do like to see us move Kreider, Staal, and even Ryan Strome. I know Strome has been terrific. But with his track record I think I’d rather cash in now and not risk him imploding. And ultimately, I wouldn’t mind if they did send Hank to a contending team. It doesn’t look like it’s very likely, but that would be a sure sign of moving on to a rebuild.

Buffalo could be a possibility. I thought SJ loved Korener or whatever, so with their cap situation I doubt they’d add a GK too. I as thinking maybe Carolina. A lot there would probably depend on Nedeljovic. Ottawa I think is intriguing. Gustafsson is still years away and there is no guarantee he ends up reaching his potential. So I could totally see them adding a guy like Georgiev for the time being. Minny depending on how Dubnyk ages and how much they like Kakhonen? Khakonen? Whatever. That dude doing well for them in the AHL. Detroit comes to mind. Hawks seem ok for now with Lehner. Saros has not been great in Nashville and Rinne not getting younger. I think they have some high end teen GK prospect, but he’s likely years away and they are contending regularly. Um, I’d say Colorado but Francouz looks like the real deal to me and they still have Grubs. Subban doing ok in Vegas. Even though Georgiev would probably be an upgrade. They need a good backup behind Fleury for sure. Isles same boat as Devils I guess. And then there is Seattle eventually. Guess it depends on what keepers are available and protected, but Georgiev would be one I think they’d consider.

Might have forgotten a team. Or might have forgotten a goalie while suggesting possible teams. But I think in general, those would be the plausible teams.

Don’t know how I feel about Ristolainen. Sure he’s got his upside, but comes with issues as well. Plus we really have a talented group of Dmen. Mostly offensive though. What we need most in that area I think is to get rid of Staal and to acquire a top pair shutdown type guy. Trouba, DeAngelo, Fox, and even SKJei are offensive minded or have mediocre to ok defensive play. Skjei might be the best of those 4. Lindgren and Hajek maybe could turn into that, but I’m not sure either will be on the level I’m suggesting. And the we have K. Miller who should make the show in the next two seasons.

But anyway, I don’t think Ristolainen adds anything too different. I’d much rather get a 1st Round pick, especially if not protected. Or maybe even Middlstadt. Yea he’s been pretty awful for them so far and got sent to the AHL this season. But he still has high end upside and perhaps a change of scenery could help matters. I’d even include Lias Andersson if they include somthing else. Maybe Cozens? Lol. Or somthing smaller. But I’d have no problem relegating Chytils future to the wing if we had a guy like CM that reached their ceiling. Heck, I’d take Cozens instead if they prefer without CM.

But Ristolainen would probably cost a ton of cap space and isn’t really going to give us a winning edge. If the Rangers were a fantasy team, I’d say sure send Ristolainen over. But there still a reason he’s stuck in Buffalo who are trying to get replacements. I think they want to sell him while he’s still viewed highly by some. I just think he’s a lot like OEL. Has great offensive ability, can play physical, can stuff the stat sheet, but has some glaring weakness that is not conducive to creating a winning team. Just my opinion of course.
    18 Team H2H Dynasty 9x4 cat. Roster 30 + 2 NA, 4 DL. 4C,4LW,4RW,6D,1G,11BN
    Scoring cats are G, A, +\-, PIM, PPP, SHP, FW, HIT, BLK
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    C: Crosby, Horvat, , E. Lindholm (RW), Aho, W. Johnston (RW), Bjugstad,
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri
    D: J. Carlson, Josi, Doughty, Pietrangelo, Seider, Gudas, Ekman-Larsson,
    G: Vasilievkiy, Shesterkin, Husso
    NA: Mukhamadullin (D), I. Rosen (RW), D. .Levi (G)
    LTIR: Landeskog (LW), Dach (C)

Dobber Sports Ace

And now in case anyone missed it, “Shiesty” Shesterkin (nickname still a work in progress. Perhaps just “Shiesty” or even “Shiesterkin”),just got his first NHL win today against one of the leagues strongest offenses. He gave up 3 goals, but for a debut, nothing to sneeze at. Pretty sure his keeper/dynasty value just about doubled.

And I’m not totally sure the Rangers win this game with Georgiev in net. Maybe not even with Lundqvist in his current, geriatric form. The blue shirts did score 5, but Shiesty (maybe just “Shady”?) made some sweet saves (I still prefer Shiesty I think). Saves that I’m not convinced Georgiev would have made.

Either way, the “hype” train is probably about to leave the station.

Yea, I’m just gonna stick with “Shiesty”. Just makes so much sense with his name and him being a GK. Not quite as regal as “King Henrik”, but straight to the point.
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.
    LW: Marchand, J. Benn, E. Kane, Fiala, Barbashev (C), Schwartz (C), Namestikov (C)
    RW: M. Tkachuk (LW), JT Miller (C), Batherson, Hyman (LW), Frederic (C), Palmieri

Dobber Sports Master

Quote Originally Posted by rangerdanger View Post
    And now in case anyone missed it, “Shiesty” Shesterkin (nickname still a work in progress. Perhaps just “Shiesty” or even “Shiesterkin”),just got his first NHL win today against one of the leagues strongest offenses. He gave up 3 goals, but for a debut, nothing to sneeze at. Pretty sure his keeper/dynasty value just about doubled.

And I’m not totally sure the Rangers win this game with Georgiev in net. Maybe not even with Lundqvist in his current, geriatric form. The blue shirts did score 5, but Shiesty (maybe just “Shady”?) made some sweet saves (I still prefer Shiesty I think). Saves that I’m not convinced Georgiev would have made.

Either way, the “hype” train is probably about to leave the station.

Yea, I’m just gonna stick with “Shiesty”. Just makes so much sense with his name and him being a GK. Not quite as regal as “King Henrik”, but straight to the point.
    the crowd was chanting ''Igor'' ; just sayin.....

Dobber Sports Expert

Prince Igor

Dobber Sports Superstar

he settled down after the first two goals and put the athleticism on display. Like mentioned before my money says for the time being he is sent right back down to the AHL but nice to see a glimpse of the future between the pipes in Manhattan.
    Girouxsalem
    (G,A,PIM,PPP,GWG,FOW,SOG,HIT, BLK)(W,SV,SO,GAA,SV%)

F:
    D:
    G:

ThePeterNorthStars
    G(4),A(2),PIM(1),PPP(2),SHP(3.5),GWG(2),SOG(.5),FOW(.25),FOL(-.25),HIT(.75),BLK(.5) W(6)L(-4)GA(-2)SV(.5)SO(4)

C: Zibanejad,
    Trocheck,Kempe
    L: Draisaitl,Forsberg
    RW:​ Tippett,Boldy,Meier,Raymond
    D: Josi,McAvoy,Carlson,Theodore,Faber,Montour,Sanderson
    G: Shesterkin,Kotchetkov

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by agentzero View Post
    Shesterkin is going back to the AHL and this will be sorted at the NHL entry draft. I don’t think the Rangers believe they will rise this kid (however good he is) to the playoffs. They are in no rush for the Russian.
    I agree. This will be sorted out at the draft. Not many places to trade Georgiev right now. It would be best for the team if Hank accepted a trade for his last season.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Genius

I’m not sure why the expansion draft is looked at as a problem.

The way I understand it is that Shesterkin should be exempt from the draft in 2021 considering that he’ll have only two years of NA pro experience. Lundqvist will be off the books and Georgiev can be protected. The minimum asset that needs to be exposed is an RFA who’s received his qualifying offer and Huska can cover that.

The real issue as I see it would be that Shesterkin won’t want to spend a 2nd full season in the AHL. If Lundqvist approves a trade then problem solved, if not they look at trading Georgiev.

I’m also wondering what GK is supposed to stand for?
    10 team full keeper roto 4C/LW/RW,6D,2G

G,A,P,+/-,PIM,SOG,GWG,PPP,SHP,Hit,Blk,FOW
    W,GAA,SV,SV%,SHO

C-Aho,Couturier,Matthews,O'Reilly
    LW-Ehlers,Giroux,Panarin,Rust
    RW-Kucherov,Palmieri,Pastrnak,Wilson
    D-Burns,Carlson,Gudas,Josi,Nurse,Pietrangelo
    G-Fleury,F.Andersen,Markstrom
    BN-Zacha

Under 250 gp farm
    Beaucage,Berggren,Bokk,Brisson,Chytil,Dugan,Foerst er,Foote,Frost,Grewe,K.Johnson,Lindblom,Mikheyev,N ybeck,Peterka,Pospisil,Protas,Ranta,Raty,Stankoven ,Suzuki,Tuomaala
    Alexeyev,Brook,Foote,Graves,Poirier,Sanderson,Seid er,Wilde,Woo,Zamula
    Berdin,Brossoit,Commesso,Ersson,Husso,Knight,Koche tkov,Lafontaine,Oettinger,Primeau,Sandstrom,Stolar z,Ustimenko,Vladar

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by hockeymanG23 View Post

The way I understand it is that Shesterkin should be exempt from the draft in 2021 considering that he’ll have only two years of NA pro experience. Lundqvist will be off the books and Georgiev can be protected. The minimum asset that needs to be exposed is an RFA who’s received his qualifying offer and Huska can cover that.

The real issue as I see it would be that Shesterkin won’t want to spend a 2nd full season in the AHL. If Lundqvist approves a trade then problem solved, if not they look at trading Georgiev.

The bolded is how I see it. People make way too much of a big deal out of the terrifying expansion draft boogey man. The Rangers will make a move at some point and that's because their best goalie needs to be on their main team before he loses interest.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Ace

he settled down after the first two goals and put the athleticism on display. Like mentioned before my money says for the time being he is sent right back down to the AHL but nice to see a glimpse of the future between the pipes in Manhattan.
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeymanG23 View Post

Possibly, Goal Keeper. Just a guess though.

And I’m assuming if Georgiev is on a cheap contract, he’d be protected in the expansion draft.

I don’t know the rules regarding protection, nor the limit of players that may be protected. Wondering if it’s possible Rangers end up with too many players to protect, having to make some drastic decisions and perhaps not protect a guy like Georgiev. That’s the only real reason I could see them not protecting him. Or if hie had a huge contract they’d want rid of, but luckily that’s not the case. He’s definitely worth a substantial amount on the trade market and would suck to lose him like that. Even if he probably isn’t long for NY, still an asset.

And yea. There was never a real chance of him spending next season in the AHL. I’ve never been more sure of anything hockey related. Ok, that may be an exaggeration, but still.

What I’m really curious about is how his value has and will change. A guy that’s looks this good, has dominated KHL and AHL without skipping a beat. Then goes on to beat one of the best offenses in hockey in his surprise call up to the NHL. If that weren’t all enough, for a decade or so he’s going to be the starting keeper of a rebuilding team that has some incredible assets, veteran and young, that could be a top 5 roster in a couple of seasons.

Wouldn’t be surprised to start seeing some crazy trade for him very soon if not already. He will soon be treated similarly to Vasilievsky. I’m doing everything I can to buy him in any league I can keep him year to year. I honestly think this is a situation where you may have to pay starting goalie prices. But will be well worth it when he’s the 1st to like 5th GK taken in startup drafts and you paid a very modest price of like an 8th or 9th Round Pick.
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by butch View Post
    the crowd was chanting ''Igor'' ; just sayin.....

How creative. This fanbase’s crowning nickname acheivment is sticking “King” on a guys first name and calling it a day. So I guess Hanks one of the lucky ones and got a prefix.

Perhaps one gets spoiled growing up on John Sterling and following the EPL and “soccer” in general, to really we can do better than this.

How about “Igorgoyle”? Like “gargoyle” but with his name. You know, cause like gargoyles stand guard over entry ways and he’s a goalie? Or maybe just “Gorgoyle”?

Would “Gorgoyle Shiesterkin” be too glutinous?
    W, GAA, SV%, SHO.

Dobber Sports Grand Master

If you have a cool and unusual name like Igor (or Elvis), you don't need a nickname.

I'd also bet that GK stands for "Goal Keeper", because if I got asked that in general it would be the first thing that popped into my head, even if I wasn't on a hockey or soccer site.
    Want a Signature? Go to Settings, and you'll find Edit Signature down the list on the left.

Dobber Sports Expert

Drumroll, please... Igor is in the starter’s net.